Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 23 2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
I always love the updates. I am having trouble getting enough horse hair since the last update. I just bought a third stable, and now have 388 horses. I still don't have enough horse hair to fill my facilities. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how many horses it takes to fill the facilities?
It takes me 930 horse hair to fill my facilites and I have them all. The last update added to the required amount with the Janitorial facility. I have three stables with a total of 600 horses (300 of each) and a few wandering around.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Mar 23 2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
You can have 100 horses and 100 Clysdales per stable and that would give you 600 horsehair total for the 3 stables.
Thanks Taz! I didn't know we could have 100 of both horses and Clydesdales in each stable. I'm so glad I don't have to buy another stable! LOL
Old Mar 23 2012, 05:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

The newer flowers will not allow me to click anywhere on the entire flower, only at the base/root of the flower. I use the arrow as my pointer, is there a specific setting that will allow me to click on a larger area of the flower? Why is it that when I click on the original flowers, I am able to click anywhere on the flower, & it highlights, but the more recently added flowers are the ones I have trouble with. So, I'm convinced that it's not my pointer. I'm sure that if I misunderstood the purpose of the green sprinkler, there will be many more, so be prepared to answer that question many times.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 23 2012, 09:08 AM

Default Increase flour production or reduce need please

I feel the same as Deborah regarding flour and the enormous need for flour for a lot of products. I NEVER have enough FLOUR. I've got three mills...and, no, I don't have the fancy-dancy Farm Cash one... but I get tired of always planting WHEAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Dearest Raul and Devs,

(Mods..please make sure that this is passed along.)

With the latest release, I have seen several posts regarding the huge amounts of Canvas Textile Rolls (and metal sheets, especially stainless steel and aluminum), that are now required.
Since the Textile Mill only allows a maximum production of 450 Canvas Rolls every 15 days (not taking into account that I might be able to have neighbors help), this amount would require me to have over 5 Mills on 5 different farms.
I have a couple of concerns and suggestions.
1--this reminds me of the fact that cheese seemed to be used in almost every new product for a while, and everyone had to have MULTIPLE Dairy Plants in order to keep up with a bare supply of cheese. You increased the cheese production and that did help somewhat. (If you had multiple dairies.)
2--It now seems that every new manufacturing facility released has multiple products that use the metal sheets and Canvas Textile Rolls.
3--You did increase the mine production somewhat, but most of us have several mines to keep up. The same goes for the metal mills, and NOW the Textile Mills.
4--Some of these factories are not exactly, um, er, pleasing to the eye (interpret....um..ugly..imho). Perhaps alternate views would be welcomed.
5--Would you PLEASE increase the canvas textile roll production, OR decrease the amount needed??

Before you release new facilities in the future, could you/would you perhaps look at the amount of ingredients already used in existing ones, and either use substitute products or allow us to increase our production?

If we were allowed to have more than one of the same active facility per farm, at least I could set up an entire ugly (imho) farm consisting of metal mills, mines, dairy plants, sawmills and textile mills.
Old Mar 23 2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
It takes me 930 horse hair to fill my facilites and I have them all. The last update added to the required amount with the Janitorial facility. I have three stables with a total of 600 horses (300 of each) and a few wandering around.
Thank you for the help Maggie. Glad to know that my 3 stables will be enough
Old Mar 23 2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
I feel the same as Deborah regarding flour and the enormous need for flour for a lot of products. I NEVER have enough FLOUR. I've got three mills...and, no, I don't have the fancy-dancy Farm Cash one... but I get tired of always planting WHEAT!
The farmcash one increases the flour by 3 times the amount. i never have problems with flour after getting that

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Mar 23 2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I agree and also there is a problem with the paper rolls with the new janitorial factory - I now need 1020 to fill up the facilities needing paper rolls but the paper mill only makes 360 at a time.
The list of items that are chronically short is now rather long and is growing longer with each new release. Personally, I have simply stopped buying any new facilities. I currently own 13 each of the mines, 7 Bakeries, 9 Dairy Processing, 8 sawmills, 6 textile mills, etc.

I rather wonder if the software engineers/game planners may be using these shortages as sort of a self-limiting device to keep players from expanding too far. On the other hand, if this were the case, why would they even be releasing more and larger farms and items to place on them.

It's an interesting dilemma. Either the game is being designed to be self-limiting or someone simply isn't paying attention to the numbers. Who knows the answer?

Still, it IS a wonderful game to play...
Old Mar 23 2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Dearest Raul and Devs,

(Mods..please make sure that this is passed along.)

With the latest release, I have seen several posts regarding the huge amounts of Canvas Textile Rolls (and metal sheets, especially stainless steel and aluminum), that are now required.
By my accounting, which very well could be wrong, if you own all of the facilities that require Canvas Textile Rolls, you will need to have a minimum of 2370 rolls, just to stock 1 of each of the facilities! Since I don't own every facility, I will list the ones that I do and their needs:

Shoe Factory-- Sneakers= 60
Ballerina Slippers= 60
Farming Tools-- Fruit Picking Bag= 360
Animal Accessories-- Saddle= 90
Fishing Accessories-- Chair= 360
Fitness Equipment-- Punching Bag= 360
Art Supplies-- Red Flower Painting= 180
Horse Painting= 180
Circus Supplies-- Taming Platform= 360
Explorer Accessories-- Tent= 180
Janitorial Supplies-- Dirty Linen Trolley= 180

Since the Textile Mill only allows a maximum production of 450 Canvas Rolls every 15 days (not taking into account that I might be able to have neighbors help), this amount would require me to have over 5 Mills on 5 different farms.
I have a couple of concerns and suggestions.
1--this reminds me of the fact that cheese seemed to be used in almost every new product for a while, and everyone had to have MULTIPLE Dairy Plants in order to keep up with a bare supply of cheese. You increased the cheese production and that did help somewhat. (If you had multiple dairies.)
2--It now seems that every new manufacturing facility released has multiple products that use the metal sheets and Canvas Textile Rolls.
3--You did increase the mine production somewhat, but most of us have several mines to keep up. The same goes for the metal mills, and NOW the Textile Mills.
4--Some of these factories are not exactly, um, er, pleasing to the eye (interpret....um..ugly..imho). Perhaps alternate views would be welcomed.
5--Would you PLEASE increase the canvas textile roll production, OR decrease the amount needed??

Before you release new facilities in the future, could you/would you perhaps look at the amount of ingredients already used in existing ones, and either use substitute products or allow us to increase our production?

If we were allowed to have more than one of the same active facility per farm, at least I could set up an entire ugly (imho) farm consisting of metal mills, mines, dairy plants, sawmills and textile mills.

Thanks so much for at least reading and considering.
Respectfully,
Deborah

PS----LOVE the Quests, and they are PERFECT as the rules NOW stand. Don't change a thing, except the futuristic occasional FC being rewarded!!

OK...I KNOW that I shouldn't do this, so I am replying to my own post! Just can't help myself! (Tony D...sorry)

When there are several people voicing concerns on the same subject, there may be a legitimate concern. I DO NOT appreciate the condescending and snide remarks that are made to my posts, or any others. I am well aware that we could have 13 textile mills, flour mills, dairy processing plants, chicken shacks,.....you get my point. Just can't wait until we get #14 and #15 so YOU can have more.

MY POINT and suggestion to the DEVS and not to you, was to see if there was a way to increase the production, without having to have multiples of the same facility!
A lot of us would like to have room for planting, trees, flowers, or just deco, rather than take up real estate with multiples.
AND, by the way I have over 20,000 cotton in storage and that was never my point. And, I don't have a problem with the amount of tomatoes used in the pizza factory. I have an ample supply. Just use your fancy sprinkler.

OK, I kinda feel better now. If those of you reading this, will make legitimate and well thought out requests concerning the canvas textile rolls, paper rolls, flour or whatever product you are seeing huge increases in the need for, perhaps the DEVS will take this under consideration.

And if you can't make useful suggestions instead of snide remarks, don't bother replying.

Deborah
Old Mar 23 2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKitty View Post
I tried to rely on the Red Windmill too.... to no avail.

So I bought one....then another... Stone Windmill. I figured that if I "had" to have flour for all the facilities and products that I also "had" to have..... well, I needed to step up to the plate and get the flour.

Well, I have enough flour for all my needs and a surplus inventory at one farm of 658,000 flour, and at the other 421,000 flour..... and I do NOT have to plant that much wheat.... just a reasonable planting and not even every day.

The Stone Windmill WORKS !!

Old Mar 23 2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
I tried to rely on the Red Windmill too.... to no avail.

So I bought one....then another... Stone Windmill. I figured that if I "had" to have flour for all the facilities and products that I also "had" to have..... well, I needed to step up to the plate and get the flour.

Well, I have enough flour for all my needs and a surplus inventory at one farm of 658,000 flour, and at the other 421,000 flour..... and I do NOT have to plant that much wheat.... just a reasonable planting and not even every day.

The Stone Windmill WORKS !!

Since I bought the stone windmill I have never run out of flour. It was a very good buy!
Closed Thread