Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Apr 21 2016, 11:40 AM

you can play the game without getting the new FC when it comes out. This is the only game that I can think of that actually gives you stuff that other games require you to buy. So it makes feel sad for the people that complain about the cost, nobody makes you play it, so be happy with what you get. We get time to harvest the crops most games you have to harvest the minute they are ready, plus all the extra like the Quests and the New Chain games. I want to say Thnks FarmTown People for the best farming game
Old Apr 21 2016, 11:42 AM

well i will be closing my contest group after this contest is over.. i think it is really unfair to be charging this much just to have a contest group and also to help farmers that just dont have the money to buy every tool every factory that is put out each update.. plus the farm cost.. 50 fc just to get it..then 30 fc or whatever for rest of frm upgrades.... come on cheapen things up..i already know 2 people have deleted their accounts....and i bet there be more......
Old Apr 21 2016, 01:37 PM

Please rethink your decision on Farm Cash. Many players who have been extremely loyal to this game , who are not BOT users , have only 1 account are being punished by this new ruling. Many of us belong to groups which up till now have been able to run competitions allowing us to design our farms in a theme , as you do in the forum comps I know, with the chance of winning prizes which have been donated from real people's money( those fortunate enough to be able to do this to help others and not from unlicensed earnings). Just playing the game without these groups to help would truly make the game boring and people would get stale and leave the game. Allowing the groups and the brilliant admin who run these, freely giving of their time and help are being ignored and I do not think you appreciate in the slightest what they do for the game , which in turn actually gains you more than you even realise.Please could you perhaps actually play the game, see what these groups are doing for you and then and only then might you realise the huge error you are making to the detriment of your own game !!

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 21 2016 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Removed personal name
Old Apr 21 2016, 01:52 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichHotRod View Post
you can play the game without getting the new FC when it comes out. This is the only game that I can think of that actually gives you stuff that other games require you to buy. So it makes feel sad for the people that complain about the cost, nobody makes you play it, so be happy with what you get. We get time to harvest the crops most games you have to harvest the minute they are ready, plus all the extra like the Quests and the New Chain games. I want to say Thnks FarmTown People for the best farming game
Yes you are right we dont need to buy any FC items to play the game. But how long would it take to load all the coin facilities without any FC tools? Harvesting and Plowing without any FC tools? We need a lot of FC items to make the game faster and in my opinion playable. Back in 2010 this wasn't necessary we all had basic tools and were all on the same level playing field until the game started to expand with facilities and tools.

And I dont wish to sound disrespectful but you cant have played many games on FB to realise there are other games that give out far more than Farm Town do. Some other games give out free items daily on their fan page that actually help, and earning rewards with daily spinners getting better rewards the more days one plays in succession. And of course buying their special currency to play is probably half the cost of what Farm Town want us to pay for their items! And some even give special offers to buy double for the same price on occasions or discount their special items so players have a chance to buy with less. And there are farming games where crops don't wither or have an opportunity to unwither!

Don't get me wrong I have been playing FT a very long time, it has been one of my favourite games on FB, but maybe that is about to change with all these recent changes
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:03 PM

MichHotRod the way you talk you can easily afford to buy everything without batting a eye.. a lot of the players do not have the money to do so...
and if you dont buy the tools and facilities then you really cant keep up with the game...And if your falling behind because a person cant buy the tools facilities and such then really what is the sense. some people like to help others and now this will come to a end.. i have been playing sense this game opened... and i'll be dammed if i will pay all this money to be able to help others..and guess what.. farm town wont be getting it either from those that cant afford to pay to keep up..and there will be a lot that give up the game because of the high prices...
Old Apr 21 2016, 03:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meirwen59@aol.com View Post
Please rethink your decision on Farm Cash. Many players who have been extremely loyal to this game , who are not BOT users , have only 1 account are being punished by this new ruling. Many of us belong to groups which up till now have been able to run competitions allowing us to design our farms in a theme , as you do in the forum comps I know, with the chance of winning prizes which have been donated from real people's money( those fortunate enough to be able to do this to help others and not from unlicensed earnings). Just playing the game without these groups to help would truly make the game boring and people would get stale and leave the game. Allowing the groups and the brilliant admin who run these, freely giving of their time and help are being ignored and I do not think you appreciate in the slightest what they do for the game , which in turn actually gains you more than you even realise.Please could you perhaps actually play the game, see what these groups are doing for you and then and only then might you realise the huge error you are making to the detriment of your own game !!
Hi meirwin,
If all the farm cash donated and given out as prizes for the group contests are coming from farm cash purchases that they have paid for as you say then it will not stop any of that. Those accounts who have already bought at least $50 worth of farm cash will be able to continue donating currently.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2016, 03:44 PM
Senior Moderator

For those who are bemoaning over this change, if the account you are sending farm cash gifts from has paid for at least 305 farm cash ($50 worth) in the past then nothing has changed for you with the new rules. You will still be able to send your gifts beyond the 500 farm cash. Only those accounts who have not bought at least that amount will not be allowed to send beyond 500 farm cash.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2016, 04:44 PM

Thanks Raul and others involved in helping me move forward and not spend so much time on Farm Town. I had slipped into a rut of working Farm Town several hours each day just to keep my farms, my wife's farms and my daughters farms up. Now that I see you have moved into a money grab type game, I will revert back to only playing on my farm and probably not even daily. I very much resent the fact that you are accusing all the players of cheating when they were only following what you created and the rules you established. Yes, i think this is a continuing way to grab money, not a one time thing of purchasing 305 FC as you seem to indicate. perhaps you should re-read the updated info and you will see where i am coming from.

[I]1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash (or earn them by completing offers) to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. (305 FarmCash is equivalent to $50 real dollars, this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet).[/i]

I am not deleting my account but will be reducing my game time and see if i can find my life again without Farm Town Thanks for the PUSH.
Old Apr 21 2016, 05:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
Thanks Raul and others involved in helping me move forward and not spend so much time on Farm Town. I had slipped into a rut of working Farm Town several hours each day just to keep my farms, my wife's farms and my daughters farms up. Now that I see you have moved into a money grab type game, I will revert back to only playing on my farm and probably not even daily. I very much resent the fact that you are accusing all the players of cheating when they were only following what you created and the rules you established. Yes, i think this is a continuing way to grab money, not a one time thing of purchasing 305 FC as you seem to indicate. perhaps you should re-read the updated info and you will see where i am coming from.

1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash (or earn them by completing offers) to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. (305 FarmCash is equivalent to $50 real dollars, this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet).

I am not deleting my account but will be reducing my game time and see if i can find my life again without Farm Town Thanks for the PUSH.
I have to agree, it's that "haven't decided yet" clause that makes Taz's assurances ring hollow. If you've spent $50 in the past, this won't affect you --- yet. But next year? Who knows?
Old Apr 21 2016, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post

[I]1) If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, then you will have to buy at least 305 FarmCash (or earn them by completing offers) to be able to send FarmCash gifts to friends again. (305 FarmCash is equivalent to $50 real dollars, this will be a one time or may be a yearly requirement, haven't decided yet).[/i]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
I have to agree, it's that "haven't decided yet" clause that makes Taz's assurances ring hollow. If you've spent $50 in the past, this won't affect you --- yet. But next year? Who knows?
Hi PawPaw and Dulcinea,
Raul has added the further clarification:
If you have sent already 500 FarmCash or more in value to friends, counting Gift Certificates and FarmCash items, in order to continue sending Farm Cash gifts to friends, you need to have spent a total of $50 in the game since the beginning up to this date. (That is equivalent to buying 305 FarmCash or earn them by completing offers). If you have already spent that amount in the game so far, then this rule does not applies to you.

Closed Thread