Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Aug 04 2021, 03:35 PM

Wink lack of participation

It seems like everyone in the marketplace just wants to demand specific jobs and your fuel. This only seemed to start when we started back up after the change from Flash Player. Is there anything coming that will make the game fun again such as when you added the layered fishing.
Old Aug 04 2021, 03:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciabutler1 View Post
It seems like everyone in the marketplace just wants to demand specific jobs and your fuel. This only seemed to start when we started back up after the change from Flash Player. Is there anything coming that will make the game fun again such as when you added the layered fishing.
Hi Patriciabutler,
I moved your post to the General Feedback discussion thread about hiring. Everyone is free in the job market to pick and choose what jobs they want to do. What the developers are planning for future releases they do not tell us in advance. They are not working on anything new right now as they are still working to get all the previous features back into the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 04 2021, 03:45 PM

Thank you for the response.
Old Aug 06 2021, 11:12 PM

Default working neighbors' facilities - there should be a better way.

sorry for the cryptic title, first of all.

on a regular basis, i get 'called out' by neighbors for not working their facilities as often as they work mine. sometimes they're right, but it's a game, and nobody's MAKING them work my facilities, least of all me.

my reluctance is largely due to not having a train - for me, they are a waste of farmcash. as a result of this, the mayor doesn't lift a finger until i have worked AT LEAST HALF of the 'active facilities' on AT LEAST HALF of a neighbor's 'facility farms'. i'm not going to name names, but some of my neighbors average 70 (or more) facilities on every farm they own - half of half, do the math, that's a lot of clicks, and a lot of time.

long one short, make the 'special' train cars less costly, or lose the '10 car minimum on 2 or more trains', OR find a different way to get the mayor involved. it CAN be done, pretty sure there's enough interest from users to make it worth doing.

that's my rant, happy farming.

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Aug 06 2021, 11:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
sorry for the cryptic title, first of all.

on a regular basis, i get 'called out' by neighbors for not working their facilities as often as they work mine. sometimes they're right, but it's a game, and nobody's MAKING them work my facilities, least of all me.

my reluctance is largely due to not having a train - for me, they are a waste of farmcash. as a result of this, the mayor doesn't lift a finger until i have worked AT LEAST HALF of the 'active facilities' on AT LEAST HALF of a neighbor's 'facility farms'. i'm not going to name names, but some of my neighbors average 70 (or more) facilities on every farm they own - half of half, do the math, that's a lot of clicks, and a lot of time.

long one short, make the 'special' train cars less costly, or lose the '10 car minimum on 2 or more trains', OR find a different way to get the mayor involved. it CAN be done, pretty sure there's enough interest from users to make it worth doing.

that's my rant, happy farming.
Hi Supertrucker,
If you want to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section where we organize those by subject for the developers to see. You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 19 2022, 09:05 AM

Two weeks in a row now, most of my hard work is lost because people don't do the jobs they agree to, and I move on with other parts of my day after hiring, then come back and boom- my crops went to waste. I've been playing this game since 2009 and left before for things like this, and stayed away for years, and now I'm considering it again. It's so frustrating.
Old Jun 19 2022, 09:15 AM

I'm not getting any notification pop up saying that the person I have hired haven't accepted. All I see is the orange pop up and then a while later, the yellow pop up. I've also had that the yellow pop without the notification pop up so I've hired another person then 2 minutes later the 1st person I've hired is there doing my farm so there are 2 people working my farm. I like to hire people solo.

What colours do you get for not accepted, accepted and hired and waiting to accept?

Been playing since: 18th June 2019
Old Jun 19 2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciabutler1 View Post
The requests for specific jobs really didn't start then. I've observed this issue for a long time and there've been complaints about it for some time. If we are to pinpoint when it really started, I think it was when layering took off. First a lot of people were pointedly stating: NO LAYERS and then some other people saw an opportunity and started with LAYERS WELCOME and here we are. Although then again, when the pineapple crop was first introduced, people in the job market were all yelling for pineapple harvesting, so....

The fuel thing is more recent. And yes, it is very annoying, especially when it's people well enough advanced in the game to be able to source their own fuel. But perhaps we can trace it to the introduction of super neighbours, where fuel use for many people vastly increased. And of course there's far more now to spend farm cash on than in the early days of the game--I remember buying a flag way back when because there was hardly anything else!

Not to overlook that intense layering and fish stacking mean many people have mad amounts of fuel they are happy to share with the peons.
Old Jun 20 2022, 01:50 PM
Account Not Linked

This game is New-User friendly... If you're new, you have no idea the one square, one harvest and plow routine... They have no idea how grateful folks were to fish (with a pole), countless clicking for a few fish...

Newbies don't need anything but time because they don't need fuel or tools... I find it vital to the game to help others, but seriously, if you're level 1275, you should at least have fuel...
Old Jun 21 2022, 05:42 AM

I absolutely agree, you should have fuel at the top level. Hahah, sometimes we talk about the old days in the markets and I'm sure the noobs are horrified.