Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 19 2021, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle jo View Post
can you tell me why i am getting this error message when i load my farm had it last 2 days but everything is still working for me just don't know what it means thanks in advance
Hi Michelle jo,
I moved your post to the subject thread about HTML errors.
If you check the first post of this thread you will see that software acceleration using the shader can slow down the game. Apparently some items for the graphics are not being able to load which is why you are getting those errors. As long as you are still able toplay then you are ok, but this may get to be a problem for you being able to load the game later.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 20 2021, 10:20 AM

Repeatedly but not every time when clicking on the full screen button to exit full screen FT crashes the browser.
Old Nov 20 2021, 10:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Repeatedly but not every time when clicking on the full screen button to exit full screen FT crashes the browser.
Hi John,
I moved your post to the thread about HTML/WebGL crashes.
When it crashes have you been working several farms while in full screen?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 22 2021, 09:49 PM

Angry My browser does not support webgl

I keep getting this message after completing jobs in Farmtown on other farms. It has sufficiently caused me to lose ALOT of coins because I am unable to collect them because this message pops up from slashkey after I have completed the job.

At the bottom of the page is says Web GL supported but disabled.......ERROR
Old Nov 22 2021, 10:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle216719 View Post
I keep getting this message after completing jobs in Farmtown on other farms. It has sufficiently caused me to lose ALOT of coins because I am unable to collect them because this message pops up from slashkey after I have completed the job.

At the bottom of the page is says Web GL supported but disabled.......ERROR
Hi Michelle,
I moved your post to the subject thread about HTML/WebGL crashing.
When you get that message it is due your browser encounters a problem and "thinks" WebGL is dissabled. This can usually happen if you are working heavily layered farms. You might try turning off anything in the Show items of your preferences that have nothing to do with the work before you go to get hired.

To clear the WebGL disabled close your browser for a few minutes and then reopen, see if the problem is fixed.
You can also restart your computer.

If nothing worked for you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.
If you need instructions on how to clear your browser cache, please visit the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Old Nov 24 2021, 10:41 AM

Default Some FT features work, others do not. I'm confused.

I can work my farms. I can hire people to work my farms.
I do can quests.
I can receive gifts.
But I cannot send gifts to anyone.
If I try to work on another FT farm, the game runs too slow.

There were a couple of times that I got the black screen of death and game would not load but that was a few months ago. No problem since then.

My Chrome Browser is up to date.
I have the proper XL tools.
I have deleted the cache in the Browser.

My laptop needs the 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for X64 based system. However my laptop has not been able to install this update.
Could this be the reason for the FT errors?
I will be getting the laptop re-imaged in the next few weeks to get the upgrade.
Old Nov 24 2021, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo Robson View Post
I can work my farms. I can hire people to work my farms.
I do can quests.
I can receive gifts.
But I cannot send gifts to anyone.
If I try to work on another FT farm, the game runs too slow.

There were a couple of times that I got the black screen of death and game would not load but that was a few months ago. No problem since then.

My Chrome Browser is up to date.
I have the proper XL tools.
I have deleted the cache in the Browser.

My laptop needs the 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for X64 based system. However my laptop has not been able to install this update.
Could this be the reason for the FT errors?
I will be getting the laptop re-imaged in the next few weeks to get the upgrade.
Hi Robbo,
My laptop also had problems with the same update, but it did finally load it last night. So try again and see if it will load.

For the gifts, check that 3rd party cookies and popups are still showing allowed in your browser. If you are only checking they are allowed by clicking on the padlock in the browser address bar please also go into the browser settings and make sure that they are not blocked there either. Browser updates can sometimes change these settings.
Instructions for the common browsers can be found by clicking on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118

Try also clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.

If those don't help, please see if you get the same problem in another updated browser that has 3rd party cookies and popups allowed.

Working on other's farms will slow down depending on how heavily layered their farms are. The more of those farms you work the slower it will get because you are using up your memory in the laptop and if your laptop doesn't have a lot then it will effect how long you can work and will be prone to freezing up. One thing you can do before you go to get hired is to uncheck all the show items that don't involve the work, like buildings and decorations.
Old Nov 25 2021, 03:31 AM

Farm Town had been working really well and then just today it wont load, I just keep getting a black screen with a white cube looking thing that does nothing. I've checked the suggestions in the first post and it seems that I'm up to date on stuff, I've even tried different browsers and same thing happens. After awhile I get this pop up message....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ft.jpg (9.4 KB, 7 views)
Old Nov 25 2021, 04:40 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeagirl View Post
Farm Town had been working really well and then just today it wont load, I just keep getting a black screen with a white cube looking thing that does nothing. I've checked the suggestions in the first post and it seems that I'm up to date on stuff, I've even tried different browsers and same thing happens. After awhile I get this pop up message....
Hi Dukeagirl,

Had you been working any large and heavy farms when this started to happen or had the browser been open a long time?
Are there any errors showing, in the FT console beneath your game screen? If there is, which one is showing?
Is the white cube rotating or is it static? If it is not rotating it sounds like WebGL is disabled.
Have you added or enabled any browser extensions to your browser?

If you have not already done so, please check that along with any computer updates for windows or mac that your browser is still showing up to date and update it if it need to be done. Then please clear the caches/history in it, close your browser for a few minutes then reopen and try loading your farm again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 25 2021, 01:02 PM

Hi Tiger, thanks for trying to help.

My browser could have been open to long, I had been working on a quest, and just shrunk the window instead of closing it.

There are errors that showed up they said, "2021-11-25 18:53:08.127 ERRORwasm streaming compile failed: TypeError: Could not download wasm module
2021-11-25 18:53:08.138 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer instantiation"

The white cube isn't moving, but I read in one of these threads on how to check if the WebGL was working and when I did, both cubes were moving, the one by it's self and the other one with the 2 in it.

I did check again and turns out I needed the 2021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 so I updated that, and cleared my cache but am still not having any luck. The error message I posted above is after I did the update.

ETA: These two errors showed up while I was replying..."2021-11-25 18:55:24.836 ERRORboth async and sync fetching of the wasm failed
2021-11-25 18:55:24.841 ERRORfailed to asynchronously prepare wasm: TypeError: WebAssembly.instantiate(): Argument 0 must be a buffer source or a WebAssembly.Module object"
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl