Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 19 2012, 08:45 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I figure when i hire for help it says on it Harvest plow fish chop flowers and if people dont want to do the jobs they should say NO and turn it down but if they have 20 lakes for fishing or trees mixed all over with harvesting and chopping and takes allday to work they really should do that them selves it does but me when i hire for stuff that they dont do when i have only 10 min of fishing
Old Aug 30 2012, 09:47 AM

Level:
XP:
Unhappy Pet Peeve

What is going on with people taking a job, coming to the farm, then not doing the work? It seems as thugh if the crop is celery or mustard, that it is not good enough, so they leave. Not every crop can be acorn squash!

What makes it even more frustrating is if I have to leave after hiring them, and when I get home, the crop is wasted because they did not like it!

Fred, gentleman farmer

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 30 2012, 10:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bee View Post
What is going on with people taking a job, coming to the farm, then not doing the work? It seems as thugh if the crop is celery or mustard, that it is not good enough, so they leave. Not every crop can be acorn squash!

What makes it even more frustrating is if I have to leave after hiring them, and when I get home, the crop is wasted because they did not like it!

Fred, gentleman farmer
It might not always be that they leave, it is just that they are disconnected and can't get back to your farm, there are a lot of people that gets booted and when they reload they can't make it back to the farm they was on, but the other person just thinks that they left.
Old Aug 30 2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bee View Post

Fred, gentleman farmer
Sorry this has happened to you but it's really nothing new. I gave up trying to hire at the market for the less expensive crops. If people are just wanting xp's they will work them, but not if they want coins.
Old Aug 30 2012, 10:28 AM
Account Not Linked

If it is a crop at risk of wilting, you could harvest it yourself, or wait to see if the employee gets it done. I think people get booted more than just leaving.
Not sure why they would want acorn squash; it isn't used in any facility. I only grow it when I am going to be gone and might not have time to play for a week.
Old Aug 30 2012, 11:31 AM

I normally tell what the crop is when it is a low coin crop. That way I know the person is willing to do it. I rarely lose a worker, though sometimes the person leaves without plowing, once in a long while they leave before finishing the crop. It doesn't bother me, I simply rehire or finish it myself. It is never a crop at risk of wilting before I could check back on it.

I never tell what the crop is when it is acorn squash. I simply hire someone willing to harvest/plow. I NEVER hire teh person saying they want to do acorn squash. I think if they aren't willing to do cheap crops, there is no way I will hire them to do the best. That is my pet peeve, people saying they will only do acorn squash or blasting the screen with their desire to do acorn squash. I tend to plant alot of acorn squash, but they will never get mine. I harvested alot of grapes and even raspberries when I first started playing, way before any of the tools came out. To me those saying they will only do acorn squash are kind of saying that they are more important than others, they are too good to do cheaper crops. My view: Why should they get acorn squash and not the person willing to do my potatoes.

If you only lose workers when it is low coin crops, I think I would assume they are leaving and not getting booted. If it happens about the same for each, than, I guess I would assume they are getting booted. Perhaps your fields are hard to work on.
Old Aug 30 2012, 07:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Now this is just the opposite; how about when someone hires you and you get to their farm and there is nothing to do. No harvesting, plowing, fishing, no trees not even any flowers. This happened to me twice last week and on one of the farms their crops weren't even ready for another hour.
Old Aug 30 2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
Now this is just the opposite; how about when someone hires you and you get to their farm and there is nothing to do. No harvesting, plowing, fishing, no trees not even any flowers. This happened to me twice last week and on one of the farms their crops weren't even ready for another hour.
I didn't think it allowed you to hire if there wasn't anything ready. Most of the time I only hire one field at a time. One time I accidentally clicked the wrong farm and I got a message saying nothing was ready on that farm.
Old Aug 30 2012, 07:23 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
What else can you do but shrug your shoulders, say "oh well", and leave?

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 30 2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle's Farms View Post
I didnt read all 100++ pages of this topic but I'll post my thoughts on some particular topics I remember.

When I first started the game yearsss ago..you could only have 1 farm. There was no tools, no facilities and not a whole lot of crops to choose from to plant. i played for a good long time until I stopped. I go on spurts. When i left, they had added where you could have up to 4 farms, and facilities were starting to come out. I stopped playing for at least a a year and a half to 2 years and I just started back last week and Im hooked again, and the game has really exploded since I last left.

I can totally understand the frustration of those who do not have the tools and cant afford to buy them. In a way, I do think its a little unfair execially when trying to find someone to hire you, and theres basically no point in staying if they hire someone else who has the tools because by the time you finish one row of crops or anything, everything else is gone. Last week when I started back and found a job, someone else came along who obviously had the tools and I didnt get hardly anything. At this time, I didnt even know you could use tools on other peoples farms. I bought a couple of tools with coins, only to find out you HAVE to buy the tools with farm cash in order to be able to use the tools on other farms. This was a little frustrating, but I broke down and bought enough cash to get me one of each tool I needed on the farm. It is very nice, now my biggest problem is with running out of fuel! Since I dont have a whole to many neighbors and my XP is only 80 right now, and the factory only produces so fast, I dont get a whole lot at once, and when you find a lot of jobs, it goes quick. I wish you could fill up more than once a day! Thats the really frustrating part.

I also hate beggers when going to the market to hire. I always hire from the market. The neighbors I have arnt active in the game anymore and its just quicker to go to the market. I've been pretty lucky, havnt had a rude person yet, though not to many people say thank you after they are done. But I'm not all that worried about it.

When im in the market to find a job, I usually stand towards the front away from others so whoever can click on me easily, and Ill say every few moments "hire me please!" or "any job welcome!" Stuff like that. i dont say it over and over and over, I usually wait a few moments than say it again. I know when Im hiring, I look for someone who says hire me or etc. but not begging. I dont click on anyone who is just standing there saying nothing, because I dont know whether they are there to hire someone, sell something or if they are even by the computer at all. So I dont mind people saying hire me every few moments because it makes it easiar on me when Im there to hire a person. Now I wont hire someone who is being obnoxious, flooding the chat and begging for a job. I will just sit and wait longer until another person comes along.

I usually only hire one person to do whatever i need to be done at my farm. I follow them back just to make sure they got there. Even if I see they have no tools and doing things one by one. I just leave them alone. I know when I didnt have no tools and landed a job with a lot of stuff to do. I was super excited, and when I saw no one else was hired, I was even more excited! lol So I try to do the same for others. I usually dont stay on my farm and hover over them, but theres plenty of times Im on the farm with the hired person, but Im doing other stuff on the computer. So even if the avator is on the farm, it doesnt always mean the person is hovering over every move you make. It doesnt bother me when im on the job for the farm owner to be there. I just go along my work. I'll talk to them if they say something, but its hard to chat and work at the same time. I always send a message when Im done though thanking them for the job.

If im only hired to harvest, but not plowing, or I see something else that needs to be done. If the farm owner is there, after I finish i'll thank them for the job and ask if they need me to do anything else. Most of the time, they hire me to do the rest. If not I just thank them and leave. Im not going to sit and beg, they are other jobs out there.

I also tend to give people the benefit of the doubt on the game. If I hire someone and they start a job, and I come back later to find it only half done and they are gone, I'll just go hire someone else. You never know what happened to the person on the other end. I've had plenty of times Ive accidently clicked them wrong button and it left the farm, I had no way to get back to the farm, so whoever hired me, might have thought I just left and didnt want the job or something. Theres been times my computers booted me off as well. So just remember, before getting all ****** and saying they are a horrible worker, people have lives. they may have had to go for some reason, or the computer may have just acted up. You never know. I know it really bugs me when that does happen though, the other day I landed a huge solo job, with a lot of crops and everything, ran out of fuel and when I went to fill up again, I accidently hit the Realor's Office instead of the fuel station. So I lost that job which sucked! And I had no way to get back to the farm because I didnt even get chance to see the farmers name.

As for crop hoggers and stuff. This kind of goes with what I said about the tools earlier. I can understand other people's frustrations, but im one know, I bought the tools with my money. I'm going to use them.(as long as I have fuel lol) I work fast and ill take whatevers there. Now if I see someone else was also hired Im not going to be all like "Go somewhere else! These crops are mine!" Thats just plain rude. Its a GAME. I'll just take whatever I get and move on, whoevers faster, gets what they get.

hmmm...i think I covered all the things I wanted to say as I was reading through the comments on this thread. Whoever read all this, kudos to you!
I like it if the people wanting a job talk a little. I like it if they say "no tools". I have jobs sometimes just for them. I like it if they say they do layers. I have jobs sometimes for them. I like it if they say they like chopping. If they say nothing and don't move, I don't hire them. I have learned that sometimes they simply aren't at their computers. I have come back later and found them still standing in the same spot. I hire people who actually appear to be there. I like it if they answer me with my name or layers or chop or whatever teh job is. When I ask for someone to do something and some one says "me" I don't know who they are talking to. Sometimes I hire them anyway, but I normally hire someone who says my name before someone who says "me" since I KNOW they are ok with the job I am offering.

Also, if I take a job chopping trees, the only job I normally take since I like to chop and have the tool, and they hire 2 and the other person doesn't ahve a tool, I only do about half. I believe it is kind. I have harvested and the person with tools took it all. Of course they are faster than me since I don't ahve the harvesting tool, and I suppose have the "right" to do whatever they can. But, it isn't very nice. I don't like it when they do that to me. I would never do that to someone else. I share the work. Just because one is faster doesn't mean that one should do it. If I wouldn't do something to someone in real life, I don't believe it is nice to do it in a game.

If I take a job to harvest and someone else is hired who hogs it all including the small area I am working on one plot at a time, I hide them so that I never hire them to work on my farm. It is inconsiderate and they are getting plenty of work without my farm from the looks of it. It won't hurt me any, cause I rarely take a job working on anyone elses farm. I only do it if I am bored and someone sends me the request without me offering to do it anyway. Still don't know why people send me multi job farm request when I don't say I want it. No wonder many people don't do it all. It normally has every job imaginable on the list.

I also only hire one person at a time on each farm. I will hire people without tools for any job no matter how long it takes them IF they want the job. I have had people without tools do layers even, a whole field of them. I know I wouldn't do it myself, but if they want to, more power to them. I feel sorry for them, but I normally tell them if they don't want to do it all, feel free to just do what they want to do. They have amazed me and finished the whole thing. Some people will still work hard to move up in the game.