Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Sep 07 2012, 02:09 PM

hmm, my complaint is the opposite, people who agree to work.. pick and choose and leave. I have a large farm and use the multiple hire tool.. when possible.. and am content to let good workers work the whole farm.. but mostly people only want to plow.. never mind fishing or picking fruit.. flowers forget it.. As a result I don't use the market anymore except to buy and sell goods.
Old Sep 07 2012, 02:23 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKettle1 View Post
hmm, my complaint is the opposite, people who agree to work.. pick and choose and leave. I have a large farm and use the multiple hire tool.. when possible.. and am content to let good workers work the whole farm.. but mostly people only want to plow.. never mind fishing or picking fruit.. flowers forget it.. As a result I don't use the market anymore except to buy and sell goods.
And that, IMO, is what has ruined the marketplace. People picking and choosing what they want. Personally i think that the person shouldnt be allowed to leave until the job they agreed to do is done. They leave it sends them right back. They get booted it sends them right back. Im more partial to players who come to the market to get goods for their facs via working for others. I cant stand it when i hire someone to harvest fields of crops just so they can turn around and sell the stuff for a cpl coins to buy decorations when someone else is in the market looking all over for crops that I had the whole time.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 07 2012, 02:35 PM

Danielle, I wish I could get together with you and we could be neighbors. I would hire you. I do like to hire people who need the XP, and don't like beggers. I have had people leave a job half done, but I also realize it could be an accident. When I hire someone, especially to harvest AND plow, I follow them back to see what kind of tools they have. My fields are very big and overlapped, and time consuming without tools. I will ask them if they want a helper. Some do, some don't. I have even seen very meticulous workers and helped myself. The last time, I asked if she'd like me to harvest and let her plow for the XP. She was very excited about that and it helped her with her little plow. BUT I also, send them a message. That way, if they get bumped off the farm accidently, they have a way to message me and come back for a re-hire. I just tell them Ill be on another farm, and if they need me message me. I have the combine and green fishing boat myself, but no treeshaker or chainsaw, so I don't like to do trees or flowers. But IF I am multi-hired for those, I try to do them all, even though it takes me so long. I know how frustrating it is to hire someone, come back later ready to plant, and the job isn't completeted. OH--I am at work, and can not get on FB or the game. Weird that the e-mail link lets me come here. If I was home, I could link my farm for you to visit.
Old Sep 11 2012, 04:51 PM

I still think we need two markets for hire one for tools and one for no tools. I do not mind working with others either way, but I just feel so bad when I start running over the non tooled workers. I also never hire the non tooled workers for the same reason, our farms have gotten so big and complicated that I feel bad for them trying to work there way through and they never are able to complete the farms before they get booted.
Old Sep 11 2012, 05:01 PM

I would love to have a way for my neighbors to be able to work my farms when they come into visit, if I am not there to hire them. We help each other out in real life so why not here as well? I have gone to many of my neighbors to work factories and so forth and noticed their crops need harvested, and would have loved to of been able to help them.
Old Sep 11 2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I like it if the people wanting a job talk a little. I like it if they say "no tools". I have jobs sometimes just for them. I like it if they say they do layers. I have jobs sometimes for them. I like it if they say they like chopping. If they say nothing and don't move, I don't hire them. I have learned that sometimes they simply aren't at their computers. I have come back later and found them still standing in the same spot. I hire people who actually appear to be there. I like it if they answer me with my name or layers or chop or whatever teh job is. When I ask for someone to do something and some one says "me" I don't know who they are talking to. Sometimes I hire them anyway, but I normally hire someone who says my name before someone who says "me" since I KNOW they are ok with the job I am offering.

Also, if I take a job chopping trees, the only job I normally take since I like to chop and have the tool, and they hire 2 and the other person doesn't ahve a tool, I only do about half. I believe it is kind. I have harvested and the person with tools took it all. Of course they are faster than me since I don't ahve the harvesting tool, and I suppose have the "right" to do whatever they can. But, it isn't very nice. I don't like it when they do that to me. I would never do that to someone else. I share the work. Just because one is faster doesn't mean that one should do it. If I wouldn't do something to someone in real life, I don't believe it is nice to do it in a game.

If I take a job to harvest and someone else is hired who hogs it all including the small area I am working on one plot at a time, I hide them so that I never hire them to work on my farm. It is inconsiderate and they are getting plenty of work without my farm from the looks of it. It won't hurt me any, cause I rarely take a job working on anyone elses farm. I only do it if I am bored and someone sends me the request without me offering to do it anyway. Still don't know why people send me multi job farm request when I don't say I want it. No wonder many people don't do it all. It normally has every job imaginable on the list.

I also only hire one person at a time on each farm. I will hire people without tools for any job no matter how long it takes them IF they want the job. I have had people without tools do layers even, a whole field of them. I know I wouldn't do it myself, but if they want to, more power to them. I feel sorry for them, but I normally tell them if they don't want to do it all, feel free to just do what they want to do. They have amazed me and finished the whole thing. Some people will still work hard to move up in the game.
This is why we need two market places for hire. I have all the tools and hate having to watch the ones without struggling to get it done. I try to leave hafe, but sometimes the (doomed) black box gets in the way and I am just trying to get around it. I think the farms have gotten way to big for those who are struggling to do it all by hand.
Old Sep 19 2012, 01:18 AM

I think being courteous, like we should strive to be in real life, pays all around on FT. As many have mentioned above, remembering what it was like in the beginning without tools, and leaving a reasonable amount for them if you are one of several workers, is polite and kind, allows them to move up in the game, and you may meet good workers for future jobs simply by being polite and considerate. I often tell the toolless worker I am leaving the rest for them, or if they are working my farm, I will ask if they have time to do a big job or want help, to share chopping or flowers and so forth. I just pop back in to the market and hire for specific jobs or just one of my farms at a time. If I happen onto someone with all tools, who will do all jobs (like me...I'll do anything, as it all pays off in the end....) then I just solo hire for the whole shebang. Just communicating is helpful. If a worker doesn't respond, I send a message, wait, maybe try again...if I get no response, I leave for a bit then check in and see how far they have gotten, how slow or fast they are, and if they are purposely leaving certain jobs out. If they won't answer, I then hire maybe one more worker if they are too slow....Depends on how much time I have.... Again, I appreciate communication, but many workers are not fluent in English or aren't good typists, or simply go right to full screen and can't see/ respond to messages...or are just rude! Lol.... Whatever the reason, if someone isn't responding, I give them the benefit of the doubt, but hire more workers to get the job done.

I like this thread. It helps to see how others feel/ see the game. Some folks are pretty selfish, others are polite....but, in the end, it is just a game and we can be selective or not depending on how others behave.

Ta.
Old Sep 19 2012, 05:17 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycoats View Post
I think being courteous, like we should strive to be in real life, pays all around on FT. As many have mentioned above, remembering what it was like in the beginning without tools, and leaving a reasonable amount for them if you are one of several workers, is polite and kind, allows them to move up in the game, and you may meet good workers for future jobs simply by being polite and considerate. I often tell the toolless worker I am leaving the rest for them, or if they are working my farm, I will ask if they have time to do a big job or want help, to share chopping or flowers and so forth. I just pop back in to the market and hire for specific jobs or just one of my farms at a time. If I happen onto someone with all tools, who will do all jobs (like me...I'll do anything, as it all pays off in the end....) then I just solo hire for the whole shebang. Just communicating is helpful. If a worker doesn't respond, I send a message, wait, maybe try again...if I get no response, I leave for a bit then check in and see how far they have gotten, how slow or fast they are, and if they are purposely leaving certain jobs out. If they won't answer, I then hire maybe one more worker if they are too slow....Depends on how much time I have.... Again, I appreciate communication, but many workers are not fluent in English or aren't good typists, or simply go right to full screen and can't see/ respond to messages...or are just rude! Lol.... Whatever the reason, if someone isn't responding, I give them the benefit of the doubt, but hire more workers to get the job done.

I like this thread. It helps to see how others feel/ see the game. Some folks are pretty selfish, others are polite....but, in the end, it is just a game and we can be selective or not depending on how others behave.

Ta.
It has nothing to do with not remembering what it was like. When I hire people I want the job done quickly and efficiently because I can do the job myself a lot faster than anyone else. I would like nothing more than to hire everyone in the market but it seems everyone wants solo work which means we have to sit there and wait anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour for the worker to get done with one farm. Im patient but Im not THAT patient. And many can agree with me to the fact that for the most part every time we hire a tool-less person they either leave or get booted in the middle of the job. I can give ppl the benefit of the doubt on occasion but every single time every single day? I dont think so. I hate hiring ppl at max level because imo they dont need the work. They should already have a huge warehouse full of goods to run their facilities and should basically be self contained. I root for the underdog so to speak so when I go to hire in the market I look for non maxed level players but id like for them to have tools. Why? Because it shows that youre willing to help as well. Granted if youre level 20 or so i dont expect you to have them, but if youre level 285 theres no reason for not having some. You come to the market to help work on peoples farms so IMO you should put the farmers needs first. If youre level 173 or whatever that means youve gotten that many FC plus 5 so what did you spend them on? A cute little puppy dog that cost you 15 FC? A house with a snowman on the porch that cost you 33? The perfume factory? I just cant see why anyone would not want the tools especially people that constantly go to the market to work for others. Thats why I have 99% stopped going to the market. Every time I go there its nothing but a mix of players who either dont have tools and want to take their dear sweet time or they have tools but they have excessive millions xp over the max. I have no problem hiring more workers but the lot of those who do work in the market will leave as soon as the 2nd person shows up or the person we just hired will turn around and leave because theres someone already there. When did people get so greedy? So people go over you with their tools...so what? You can always get hired again for something else in the market. If you dont want tools fine but hey at least be willing to team up with others to help out.

Old Sep 23 2012, 10:53 PM

Default Hiring Changes - Everything- SOLO - Buddy List - Reputation

I would like the option to hire workers to do everything. I frequently hire with all boxes checked and for all 15 farms. Each farms has a mix of Plants, Flowers, Trees, Chopping and Fish to be done, depending on the how long the worker works, more products mature.

I also feel that individual workers that want to work SOLO must be also willing to do everything that the farmer has hired for them to do. SOLO has another problem, in that the farmer does not have control on how fast individuals respond to a hire request, I have had workers respond to hire request in the order of 10 minutes. SOLO workers can be brutal with their messages if another worker shows up, something completely out of the control of the hiring farmer.

I feel that there should be reputation ratings for workers. It would be percentage of the jobs done when hired, and a fast, medium, or slow rating for the speed that they work.

I would like to use the buddy list as a list of qualified workers and hire directly from that list. This might be a way to handle the vacation issue, by issuing an unlimited hire request to buddies; this would pop up when they log on for a period of time.
Old Sep 24 2012, 07:24 AM

Level:
XP:

I believe its FT etiquette to not accept jobs that you have waiting for you after being AFK.

And I do not accept jobs from people who have all boxes checked because most of the time its people who are just lazy and dont want to go and check the appropriate boxes. if you dont have plowing then dont check the box. If you dont have flowers then dont check the box. Etc etc etc.

A rating system would be nice but with OCD-"All or nothing" type people like myself i dont think youd like it because we'd give the lot of people low scores.

The buddy system thing could work provided those people could be counted on to play the game continuously. If someone had hired me to do stuff for them their crops just might be dead right now because i just havent had any motivation to play FT since the last update.

As for people being rude with their solo only remarks, when that happens i go and do the work myself right over top of them. If the people complain i simply say "you either both share or you both get nothing". I dont condone (which in my world means 'i wont put up with') selfishness.