Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Sep 25 2012, 01:12 AM

I don't go to the market at all now because of all the issues with hiring workers...ie. those stated above and more. I do work for other neighbours when they message me and vice versa if my neighbours are on and not too busy. I miss the interaction in the market too. Earlier on in the game whilst you were waiting for work in the market people actually talked to one another, now players either just don't reply or are begging for work. I love the game and how it's progressed but agree it does make it harder for those just starting out without all the tools.
Old Oct 14 2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorissau View Post
I'm not sure this is a suggestion.. more like a complaint!! Just went to help with friends' fac work requests and the first three I answered were so heavily stacked and layered that even when I hid EVERYTHING, my flash crashed. I guess I don't understand the mind set that requires such piling up of the fields when we have 16 farms and I have more crop land than I can possibly need. There must be some way to put a limit on these intense layers/stacks because they slow down everything!! Meanwhile, I've made note of those farmers and will ignore their requests for help.
Hi, I moved your post to general feedback.
Old Oct 15 2012, 05:53 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by God's Saving Grace Of 3 View Post
This is why we need two market places for hire. I think the farms have gotten way too big for those who are struggling to do it all by hand.
This is true. I always tell my hires to take their time, they are the only worker, and if they have no tools, I remind them to refresh the farm every minute or so so they don't get booted (which you can get around by clicking the green tick and immediately clicking another farm, but so many people don't know that!). I prefer hiring low level players only, too, but it's hard to tell sometimes, so I try not to care. I've met some really great people at the market over the last 3 years, I'm not going to stop going there coz a few rudies. It all evens out in the end.

Server WF37, W10, Chrome.

Need help timing quests/crops/trees/dinner? Google 'Farm Report Alarm', it rocks the game!
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 18 2012, 09:57 AM

In the last couple of weeks, I have something happening that was frequent in the past but have not seen in months. When I hire someone to work, others have been coming along with them. They retreat to the upper right corner plot and just stand there. I can get rid of them by clicking on them and ignoring. What's happening?
Old Oct 18 2012, 10:31 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berle View Post
In the last couple of weeks, I have something happening that was frequent in the past but have not seen in months. When I hire someone to work, others have been coming along with them. They retreat to the upper right corner plot and just stand there. I can get rid of them by clicking on them and ignoring. What's happening?
They are probably following you from the marketplace.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Oct 18 2012, 01:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
I've had this happen when I've gone to the market to sell the items in my facilities and when I go back to my farm at least one person follows me back.
Old Oct 18 2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_angel View Post
I've had this happen when I've gone to the market to sell the items in my facilities and when I go back to my farm at least one person follows me back.
Hi this is most likely 'ghosting' the people are not actually on your farm , the display just brings back the images from the marketplace
Old Oct 19 2012, 12:02 AM

Thanks all of you for the replies. I hire every day and it hastened happened for a long time until the last couple of weeks.
Old Oct 22 2012, 12:54 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Would be nice if everyone who had at least the 4x4 harvester AND plower had some sort of aura around them. Pretty much the standard reason for coming to the market is to hire people to harvest and plow and this way we would know without having to ask who has the most desired tools.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 22 2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Would be nice if everyone who had at least the 4x4 harvester AND plower had some sort of aura around them. Pretty much the standard reason for coming to the market is to hire people to harvest and plow and this way we would know without having to ask who has the most desired tools.
I have 4 X 4 tools and at least minimal tree handling and more for chopping. However, I do not like to work for others that have many active farms with lots of planting. It really takes too long.

However, I will hire someone without tools that wants to work and is willing to do the best job they can. I do feel guilty if I do hire them and I have 10 of my sixteen farms ready to work. I wish there was some way to find out how much work one is willing to do.

It is irritating to hire someone and have them flake out after two farms when many need to be done.