Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
For the ones having the small text check to see what build it is in the address bar. Should be build=20 at the end of the address. Try restarting computer and then reload to see if it has updated.
YAY, it said build 17 so I replaced the 17 with 20 and it reloaded and now the neighbor bar and text are fixed, you are a star Taz, thanks so much..
Old Jan 04 2021, 07:11 PM

Browser is google and I have ran it from the link and it supports it. The phone is about a year old I am guessing it could be the memory and it is just taking to long and it times out and gives up. to be honest i don't know much about smart phones still learning as I've only had this one for about 3 month but dont laugh still use my Nokia 6310i from 2002.
Old Jan 04 2021, 07:51 PM

Angry error 298

Keep getting several errors when I try the new html5 site. One of them is error 298 at slashkey.com, however there are many other errors on the list. Tells me to go to java console but there is nothing there but code. How can I get the new version of farmtown?
Old Jan 04 2021, 07:54 PM

My question may be premature... I have an Ipad and an Iphone that I have been using Puffin browser to play Farmtown on as both of these devices have never supported flash. Do you know if Farmtown will now be able to played on these devices using Safari when the crossover is finished?
Old Jan 04 2021, 08:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Green-jeans View Post
My question may be premature... I have an Ipad and an Iphone that I have been using Puffin browser to play Farmtown on as both of these devices have never supported flash. Do you know if Farmtown will now be able to played on these devices using Safari when the crossover is finished?
Hi Gail Green-Jeans,
No I am sorry, we don't have any information on that. You can only try it and see if it will open. I do know my version 4 would not open it in Safari as the IOS and Safari versions are too old.

Tried to download Firefox and the current available version is too new for my IOS
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 04 2021, 08:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnordy View Post
Keep getting several errors when I try the new html5 site. One of them is error 298 at slashkey.com, however there are many other errors on the list. Tells me to go to java console but there is nothing there but code. How can I get the new version of farmtown?
Hi mnordy,
I moved your post to the Announcements section subject thread about the new version. Please post here about anything with the HTML version.

There are some troubleshooting links in the following post link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650382

Please reply here with your results from those.

What browser are you using and what operating system is your computer using?

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread and click in the link Raul provided to check if your browser support WebGL technology.

If that is ok, then are you using Gameroom? if so, we have reports that it is not working, so you have to log into Facebook and load the game using the link in the left column.

Also, if you have an extension added to your browser, please disable it, restart your browser and check if the game loads.

If you have more than one extension added, then you have to check each of them and one by one following the previous suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 04 2021 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jan 05 2021, 12:13 AM

Hi Taz, I went through your list of things to do if you are having trouble loading the new version. I was able to see what I was supposed to in #1,2 and 3...but on #4 it did a snap and I reloaded it but it did it again, and it said error code: out of memory. So that is as far as I got on your list...but I did try #5 chrome://gpu...and there is a lot of information on that page, but I wasn't sure what any of it meant...and there are items there that are enabled and disabled and unavailable. So I still can't get the game.
Old Jan 05 2021, 12:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgar View Post
Hi Taz, I went through your list of things to do if you are having trouble loading the new version. I was able to see what I was supposed to in #1,2 and 3...but on #4 it did a snap and I reloaded it but it did it again, and it said error code: out of memory. So that is as far as I got on your list...but I did try #5 chrome://gpu...and there is a lot of information on that page, but I wasn't sure what any of it meant...and there are items there that are enabled and disabled and unavailable. So I still can't get the game.
Hi Sandgar,
Please do #5 again and try to list those here as those may tell the developers what needs to be done.

What operating system are you using and how much memory does your computer have?
Old Jan 05 2021, 12:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Like Edmo I got the gray screen with the sad face when trying to load. I ran through the steps and saw all the stuff- rotating cube, sky, desert, farm with ship. This is what my computer says:
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Flash: Hardware accelerated
Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated
Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Enabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Unavailable
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Unavailable
Rasterization: Unavailable
Skia Renderer: Disabled
Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Rasterization unavailable whatever that means.
Old Jan 05 2021, 01:22 AM

Hi Taz, I did #5 again and here is what it said:
Graphics Feature Status
Canvas: Hardware accelerated
Compositing: Hardware accelerated
Multiple Raster Threads: Disabled
Out-of-process Rasterization: Unavailable
OpenGL: Enabled
Hardware Protected Video Decode: Hardware accelerated
Rasterization: Unavailable
Skia Renderer: Enabled
Video Decode: Unavailable
Vulkan: Disabled
WebGL: Hardware accelerated
WebGL2: Unavailable

I am using Google Chrome and I have Windows 10 and I have Installed Physical Memory 3.00 GB

Last edited by sandgar; Jan 05 2021 at 02:39 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl