Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 08 2010, 03:06 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

ok I dont know if its just me or what ...but I see these lil brown either baskets or crates float up when harvesting the crops..anyone know what they are ???
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:15 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
I remember when this game never used to queue and I hated it because it was so slow that I nearly gave the game up. I gather you are talking of something different to the earlier version.
Yes, but the fact you have to wait for the server to unwind in order to catch a worker that was done an hour previously simply indicates programmers that don't know what they are doing. Icons jumping around offset from where they are actually working and after all work has previously been done is just sloppy programming. This is one of the MOST retarded aspects to this game. It simply indicates poor planning and lack of any thought about how MMORP games work. The icons should NEVER be out of sync with the actual work. I should NEVER have to chase down jumpy icons for an hour after all work has actually been completed, and chase those icons offset from the actual work. This is Comp Sci 101 fail. Slowness of the servers and constant "connection to server lost" problems are something different but clearly indicate a lack of understanding of basic programming concepts.
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyT22 View Post
and please add hire to harvest/plow at the same time so we dont have to try n catch the avatars for 20 min..why not just knock it out in one shot that way when some1 is done harvesting they can go straight to plow without us having to be on our farms to send another request that would make things so much easier...and please add hire to plant
Love this idea!
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Kudos to the developers.
Though there's nothing that I'll probably acquire, for those seriously into facilities, it's really a great update. Oh, yes, I'll still be suggesting a plain ole regular small town restaurant (as a facility) and a general store (decorative or a facility to trade or sell crops and products to neighbors) of course
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.
Hi Sue, I don’t have a problem with the winery and young players.

Here is Australia, some schools do offer winemaking as part of the curriculum. Of course there is no tasting but they do learn everything else that goes into winemaking.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
ok I dont know if its just me or what ...but I see these lil brown either baskets or crates float up when harvesting the crops..anyone know what they are ???
That is your percent of the crop going to your storage. You still get your coins as well.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Kudos to the developers.
Though there's nothing that I'll probably acquire, for those seriously into facilities, it's really a great update. Oh, yes, I'll still be suggesting a plain ole regular small town restaurant (as a facility) and a general store (decorative or a facility to trade or sell crops and products to neighbors) of course
One point I'm questioning, though, is the addition of a winery. What is the minimum age for people to join FB and to participate in FT? Yes, I realize that this is just a "pretend" winery, but even so wonder if that's appropriate for games in which some who are not adults participate. . . . On second thought, though, it's the responsibility of parents to know what the games contain and control which games their children are permitted to take part in.
FB legal age is 16. My daughter is dying to have her own account (especially when friends at school already have one) so she can farm and fight dragons with me. But she's got 6 years till she's legal! My Space, IIRC, is 14. Either way, I have no problem with alcohol in the game, it's not like the point of the wineries is to see how drunk you can get.
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindya View Post
I have a question ..I was thinking about getting the 2 winery things but the purple grapes are ready in 4 hrs and u have 4 hrs to harvest...thats not enuff time..wonder if ur not here..most people sleep 8 hrs or work 8 hrs..then u will lose ur crops...can you move the time up to a day like the green grapes???
Here's an idea: plant something else at night or set your alarm clock. Two simple work arounds that are much more likely to work than asking the devs to change the rate of growth of a crop.

(That said, waaay back before facilities, when level 34 was the highest you could go, I reguarly planted grapes over night because I usually am up with the birds. Sure, I lost a few crops, but it hasn't marred my involvement with the game.
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:46 AM

Level:
XP:

Which reminds me, how about:

if (we already displayed over production warning popup)
{
throw out all remaining clicks on the exact same thing clicked on
}

instead of

if (over production)
{
display warning popup
}

I constantly click on something to max it out, then have to wait through 25-30 "you have maxed out production" popups as it unwinds through every single extra click on the production button. I'm glad you finally have over-production popups instead of just simply throwing out over production with no indication of what is going on but as usual you fail at the actual implementation of this detail. One over production pop-up and then toss subsequent identical clicks on the same production. Since I have to spell this out in all gory detail:

click()
{
if (! over production)
{
last displayed popup = null;
produce
return
}

// over production here

if (last displayed popup == current clicked item)
{
return;
}

display popup;

last displayed popup = current clicked item;
}

This way 1) multiple clicks on one production item only displays ONE popup. 2) Clicking around all production items still displays ONE popup when you click on something different. This still allows you to make sure the server has actually queued up the maximum amount.

Last edited by TsunamiVince; Jun 08 2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:46 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi Sue, I am pretty sure it is 13. I would have to say though that if I did let a child of that age have access to facebook then the winery would be the least of my concerns.
Isn't that the truth
Old Jun 08 2010, 03:58 AM

Awesome stuff! Love all the facilities and as usual, as soon as I reach the "top" you go and stretch the top out further. LOL I do so love a challenge.

One thing I did notice, tho, is that I put some of the fuel I received as gifts into storage and the last time I fueled up (before this release) they were not used. I have about 34 tanks and don't want to sell for so cheap! Shouldn't they be used just like the other fuel when you visit the station, even if they are in storage and not in your gift box? (They say "Gift" and when you fuel up all your tanks say "From facility" or something like that.) Thanks for your help.

Level 80 then 82 and climbing!

Developers, can you address this bug please so I do not have to keep gifts in my gift box until refueling, but can store them and refuel all at once??????? Thanks!!!!

Last edited by AnnieH2009; Jun 09 2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Add question
Closed Thread