Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 11 2012, 10:10 AM

I do not think it is fair that the quests use facilities that are only available for farmcash. If not for that I think it adds an interesting twist to the fun. The mini games however do completely suck. We should be able to see what the quests ARE before we accept them so we can skip ones we don't have the facs for.

Also, PLEASE add the harvest time to the facility manager for the animal buildings!!!
Old Feb 11 2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konij View Post
Just started doing quests and am already having problems...on one quest I have to grow Broccolli and make steamed vegetables...I did that...I grew a large farm of Broccolli...which takes 4 days I might add...and the game did not give me credit for it saying I still need to grow broccolli. How much Broccolli do I need to grow? And also...I keep producing steamed vegetables in my facility but it doesn't show that I have produced any at all. I found that some of the quests do involve using facilities that can only be purchased with Farm Cash...so I will not be able to complete those quests.
You only need a few squares of the crop but YOU must harvest it. If someone else harvests if for you it doesn't count. If someone else harvests for me I get them to leave a small patch of crops that take more than two days to grow just in case I need them. Also click off a few individual batches before you use the 10, 30 or all button to produce goods for a quest. Always accept a new quest BEFORE you do any work on the farm. Hope these ideas help. Quests are fun but I've had to change the way I work.
Old Feb 11 2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by konij View Post
Just started doing quests and am already having problems...on one quest I have to grow Broccolli and make steamed vegetables...I did that...I grew a large farm of Broccolli...which takes 4 days I might add...and the game did not give me credit for it saying I still need to grow broccolli. How much Broccolli do I need to grow? And also...I keep producing steamed vegetables in my facility but it doesn't show that I have produced any at all. I found that some of the quests do involve using facilities that can only be purchased with Farm Cash...so I will not be able to complete those quests.

You only need like one plot for most quests. Most of mine have needed just one plot to do. The quest will tell you how many you need. You must harvest the crop yourself. I have designated a small section of one farm just for crops for quests. I have a neighbor who I hire to harvest for me and he knows not to touch that section. He does the same on his farms.

You have to do the quest in production order....you plant, harvest, then do the facility. For example I had one to produce grilled salmon. I had to plant asparagus, carrots and catch 2 salmon before I could go to the fac to produce the grilled salmon. I needed to harvest one plot of asparagus and one plot of carrots and catch 2 salmon to do the quest. The key is you have to do it yourself.

The quests with facs that you can not purchase you will just have to wait till the timer runs out on them. You can open a new quest every 20 hours.
Old Feb 11 2012, 05:05 PM

I like the quests, its extra money. So far I have repeated a couple and the last 4 days have been 2 step quests. Extremely easy. I do have one farm set aside for them and hopefully will he able to use it more than I have been. Really enjoy ft and all the work the devs have put into it. Can't wait until the next update.
Old Feb 12 2012, 09:14 PM

Default Surf & Turf quest

My latest quest is the 3 x Surf & Turf. One step is to catch 1 lobster. Easy enough? Well it would be if I had a large sea coast. I don't have 31 FarmCash to buy one and probably wouldn't even if I did. Oh well, looks like this will be the first quest I won't be able to complete
Old Feb 13 2012, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Greenfingers View Post
My latest quest is the 3 x Surf & Turf. One step is to catch 1 lobster. Easy enough? Well it would be if I had a large sea coast. I don't have 31 FarmCash to buy one and probably wouldn't even if I did. Oh well, looks like this will be the first quest I won't be able to complete
Hi, I moved your post to the feedback section
Old Feb 13 2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebLeah View Post
I like the quests, its extra money. So far I have repeated a couple and the last 4 days have been 2 step quests. Extremely easy. I do have one farm set aside for them and hopefully will he able to use it more than I have been. Really enjoy ft and all the work the devs have put into it. Can't wait until the next update.
I too like the quests...wasn't quite sure about them when they were first started...reading good and bad comments about them...anyway, I enjoy them and even though I've had to buy a couple of factories (for coins), I have gotten back way more in quest redemptions than I ever paid for the factories...when my quest was finished, I just popped the factories into my storage until I perhaps need them again...
Old Feb 13 2012, 12:07 PM

We need an opt-out option for some of these quests, instead of having to wait til they are done. One I just opened up requires me to order hot dog sausage with the ordering truck, and I can't do it, because its a FC item...and I only have 10 FC when it costs 22. That stinks.
Old Feb 13 2012, 03:24 PM

I agree fully with those frustrated with the quests requiring you to buy Farm cash. I would love to buy, but buy slowly, buying more essential things first. Many of your players are disabled, elderly, and frankly only have the time to enjoy your games. Buying a cash facility does not mean there won't be another next time! There should be higher pay off quests for those who can afford to participate, and lower pay off quests for those who can't. It is bad enough that we lose out by not being able to use these expensive facilities! You have to make money, but be happy with those who can afford to pay! We who can't keep your numbers up so have value as loyal assets for you too!
The way things look anymore, with you wanting so much cash to player on an equal basis, you will lose players by doing so
Old Feb 13 2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritChaser09 View Post
We need an opt-out option for some of these quests, instead of having to wait til they are done. One I just opened up requires me to order hot dog sausage with the ordering truck, and I can't do it, because its a FC item...and I only have 10 FC when it costs 22. That stinks.
But the good thing about the quests is you can "opt out" you just don't do that one and tomorrow a new one will appear. I don't understand what the big deal is if you don't have the facilities or don't want to purchase them just wait until the next one. There is no law that says you have to do every one. I am sitting on 79 FC all from leveling up the last few times. I am just saving my FC I have passed on a couple of quests because I didn't want to spend my Cash. I think the quests are a great addition and I enjoy opening it up each morning and then I decide if I want to do it or not!!