Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Mar 14 2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine Logan View Post
why is everyone getting uptight about having "five" quests running at one time? surely all that means is you've either failed or failing at the previous four?

five is the limit you 'can' have on any one account. not the limit you 'should' have or should aspire to.

don't make farm town dumb the game down to cater to you, try honing your reading comprehension skills instead.
EXACTLY!!! . It is just perfect the way it is, and I also hope the devs don't change it any way to suit the few who don't get it.

Before you say it favourite moderator Tony D, I'll slink quietly back to my farm now and behave

Last edited by Tony D; Mar 15 2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old Mar 15 2012, 01:56 AM

Hi Everyone

We have just completed a tidy up of this thread, please keep in mind that this thread is for feedback on quests and while we do allow people to agree or disagree with a post we ask that once feedback has been provided and comments made that we move along and do not turn feedback into a running dispute. Where we see this happening any further discussion on the original feedback may be deleted without notice.

Thanks & Happy Farming/Questing
Old Mar 15 2012, 11:53 AM

Unhappy so disappointed.

I've been successfully completing quests since they came out. Then a few days ago I opened my new quest for the day, and lo and behold, it again required a factory AND shop that I didn't own, only this time the factory could only be purchase for Farm Cash, since I'd been saving for this particular factory and I wanted it I went ahead and bought it, even tho I was hoping to buy a certain tool first.And I seriously thought it was a mistake by the devs, since it seems rather unfair, not everyone has farm cash available and in this economy most people can't afford to purchase it outright. Today I find it wasn't a fluke, as today my quest requires purchasing the gardening tools factory. I don't have the farm cash and quite frankly the rewards for finishing don't make up for what I've spent. I personally won't be doing quests again. Being forced to spend my hard earned farm cash on things I don't want isn't my idea of fun, I was enjoying the quests.
Old Mar 15 2012, 02:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesler103 View Post
I've been successfully completing quests since they came out. Then a few days ago I opened my new quest for the day, and lo and behold, it again required a factory AND shop that I didn't own, only this time the factory could only be purchase for Farm Cash, since I'd been saving for this particular factory and I wanted it I went ahead and bought it, even tho I was hoping to buy a certain tool first.And I seriously thought it was a mistake by the devs, since it seems rather unfair, not everyone has farm cash available and in this economy most people can't afford to purchase it outright. Today I find it wasn't a fluke, as today my quest requires purchasing the gardening tools factory. I don't have the farm cash and quite frankly the rewards for finishing don't make up for what I've spent. I personally won't be doing quests again. Being forced to spend my hard earned farm cash on things I don't want isn't my idea of fun, I was enjoying the quests.
How exactly are you forced to buy anything?No one from slashkey knocked on your door and took your CC.The quest are optional,they are random,and they are fair!If you can't finish a quest...lo and behold..a new one will pop-up the next day.BTW..the quest are random,and optional.
Old Mar 15 2012, 02:27 PM

Default Quests are stupid

I think the quests stink. they require you to use facilities you do not have. It says you can get help from other farmers but does not say how. For example, if you need something from a factory you do not have, how do you know who else does/ I have gone to other farms and fished for the fish I needed yet it did not show up in the quest. I needed baby food today, who do I request it from? I harvested all the crops yet do not have the factory. I am done with the stupid quests. Go back to just farming and quit trying to copy Zynga games, they really suck!
Old Mar 15 2012, 06:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejarvis@sbcglobal.net View Post
I think the quests stink. they require you to use facilities you do not have. It says you can get help from other farmers but does not say how. For example, if you need something from a factory you do not have, how do you know who else does/ I have gone to other farms and fished for the fish I needed yet it did not show up in the quest. I needed baby food today, who do I request it from? I harvested all the crops yet do not have the factory. I am done with the stupid quests. Go back to just farming and quit trying to copy Zynga games, they really suck!
If you don't like the quests, then you don't have to do them, as far as getting the quests that require factories that you don't have, just have to let them expire and open a new quest the next day. To get help from others you use a lifeline that is the lifesaver at the top right of the quest. There is 3 different lifelines that you can get and when clicked it is random as to which one it gives you. For instructions on the lifelines you can look at New Release - February 13th. As for the last part, Farmtown will never ever be as bad as Zynga games.
Old Mar 15 2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejarvis@sbcglobal.net View Post
Have you actually read the release page about the quests which gives very detailed instructions? Have you taken time to read through this thread where you would have got lots of help in knowing how to use the lifelines which you use to get the products you need that are not the very end of line products?

The only thing that 'sucks' is the fact that so many people go to the trouble of putting up instructions and help on this forum, only to find that people whinge and complain without having read any of it.

You say you 'have gone to other farms and fished for the fish I needed yet it did not show up in the quest.' ... but the rules say that you must fish yourself on your own farm. It's as easy as reading those rules.

The quests are not stupid. They are very fair, very well thought out, and very easy to do when you bother to read and find out how to do it.

Old Mar 16 2012, 08:46 AM

First of all I have been having fun with the quest's but I do have a bone to pick.

Earlier this week I opened a quest, it is a long one, I still have 2 days to go on it before it expires. It has to do with a Wheelchair, I don't have the final building for the item and they require FC which I don't have enough for and am not really interested in the particular buildings at this time.

Any a few more days go by and I work on other quest's and get them completed successfully only for this morning to go and open the new quest and it is practically the same exact quest I have waiting to expire on the Wheelchair, I think it is only missing 1 item compared to the 1st one.

Now i have 2 practically the same and have to wait for them to expire and don't get another new one til tomorrow.

This is a bummer, it would be nice if we could have an option of passing on the ones that we don't have the building for and don't want to purchase and be able to chose a new quest to work on.

Everytime I go to my Quest's there they are staring at me like "Buy me and i will leave you alone" It makes me feel like I am playing a Zynga game and it is why I quit playing Zynga games.

If you can't or won't put in a "pass" option on a quest and let us have a new quest then please have the game read what building we have and give us quests that fit with our already existing buildings.

Thank you so much for listening/reading. I have been a Farmtowner for a long time and even went thru the great black out yrs back.

Other than this quirk I love Farm Town
Old Mar 16 2012, 09:59 PM

The quests should just be just an additional fun thing you can do on ft. I would like to be able to do long ones but have had only 3 or 4 steps. Usually done quickly. I'm on level 310. I did finally get a rather long one but don't have the service facility to finish it. so it will sit there for 6 days. I don't think you can get 5 in a row unless they are all long or you can't do them and they sit there. No sense getting up set about something that doesn't make any difference one way or the other. You collect your money when you finish the quest or you don't and you move on to the next one the following day. The dev have nothing to fix.They have done a great job!
Old Mar 17 2012, 04:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Had 5 quests going at once but was disappointed

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I have had 5 active quests at one time. I think this may have happened because the first two were identical and the time to do them was about 6 or 7 maybe even 8 days each; I don't remember exactly.

What I had to do was to Load Red Wine aged 4 yrs. into a Service Facility. This involved harvesting the purple grapes (a 4 hour crop) and producing red wine barrel which went pretty quickly too. What took the most time was producing the red wine bottles aged 4 yrs in the Wine Cellar. Gosh I think that took 32 hours. Then I had to load those red wine bottle into the Banquet Hall to complete the quest.

So mind you on Day1 and then on Day 2 I was given quests that could take up to 7 days or so. On day 3 I had to produce vegetables in the hibachi. That involved harvesting broccoli (a 4 day crop). On day 4 I had to Load chocolate caramel into a service facility. And on Day 5 I had to Load a Tea Kettle into a service facility.

I was pretty surprised that I got so many "load" quests as opposed to "produce" quests. Fortunately I do have the Service (provide) facilities needed for the above quests. I think it's ironic that I got 2 identical quests back to back as well. I am a Level 310 and I have all CASH facilities that produce but I do not have all the CASH facilities that provide (requiring loading products into).

Last week I had to let a quest expire on it's own. It involved loading something into the gas station (a cash service facility that I do not own nor do I plan on buying).

Since the quests have come out, I have completed almost all of them. Only a small percentage I had to let expire due to not having the CASH loading facility. No biggie.

However, I am really REALLY disappointed in the reward I got for not only producing red wine bottle aged 4 years in the wine cellar (a cash facility) but also loading them into the banquet hall (a cash service facility).

I got a whopping 496,000 coins as a reward!!! Are you kidding me? I used 2 count them TWO CASH FACILITIES and all I was rewarded was 496,000??!!

That hurt because it wasn't just one quest, I got that same one back to back.

Anyway, what can you do right? It is what it is. And it's supposed to be for fun. When it's not fun anymore, I step away for a day or 2. Come back refreshed and play again.

Happy Farming,

CG

P.S. I wanted to mention this as well.....I wonder how long it's going to take the mayor to give us a reward of FARM CASH? I will keep reading this forum, but has anyone received any farm cash as a reward yet?? Just wondering....

Last edited by Tony D; Mar 17 2012 at 05:37 PM.