Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 29 2021, 05:48 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
Merrily farming away, doing facilities in tabs and all of a sudden, pop up saying An embedded page at l1.slashkey.com says Your browser does not support WebGL, click ok, refresh I getat the bottom of the black unity screen:
2021-09-29 09:05:46.355 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-09-29 09:05:46.356 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-09-29 09:05:46.375 LOGSessionId: 8291005
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!

It was supported 5 mins ago, what happened?

Went to https://get.webgl.org/ and it says my browser does support WebGL and I see the spinning cube, so is this an FT setting error?

FIXED! Click on chrome settings, advanced, system, turn off use hardware acceleration when available. Then click the word relaunch that has just appeared. Chrome closes then reopens and now it loads properly.
Hi NooNoo,

The WebGL disabled can show up when the browser encounters an error as it thinks that it's not enabled. Have a look at the types of farms you are working when this happens and see if they are very heavy, perhaps with layered crops or even something like wall to wall waters on top of them.

When this happens rather than disabling Hardware Acceleration try just closing the browser for a couple of minutes then reopen it and it should enable WebGL again.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 29 2021, 06:07 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi NooNoo,

The WebGL disabled can show up when the browser encounters an error as it thinks that it's not enabled. Have a look at the types of farms you are working when this happens and see if they are very heavy, perhaps with layered crops or even something like wall to wall waters on top of them.

When this happens rather than disabling Hardware Acceleration try just closing the browser for a couple of minutes then reopen it and it should enable WebGL again.
I had 5 tabs open, my farm and 2 facilities and 2 clients from the FT wall with the show items unticked in the spanner. These are regular neighbours which I do twice a day and don't change much from day to day.

I already tried waiting a couple of minutes and restarting chrome initially.
By the time I posted I had closed chrome again, rebooted, made coffee before trying again. Disabling hardware acceleration + relaunch provided an immediate fix - perhaps that's what kickstarted WebGL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Sep 29 2021, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
I had 5 tabs open, my farm and 2 facilities and 2 clients from the FT wall with the show items unticked in the spanner. These are regular neighbours which I do twice a day and don't change much from day to day.

I already tried waiting a couple of minutes and restarting chrome initially.
By the time I posted I had closed chrome again, rebooted, made coffee before trying again. Disabling hardware acceleration + relaunch provided an immediate fix - perhaps that's what kickstarted WebGL
Hi NooNoo,

You should be allowing Hardware Acceleration to run when available. The only thing I can think of is that either the browser took longer than normal to regain some memory so by the time you came back it had corrected or it was a temporary issue.

The browser should not disable the WebGL just by working friends facilities. If it happens again, see if it is doing it when working the same friends facilities or if it could be the amount of tabs you have open for the game at that time that may be causing it and if there are any other errors in the FT Console beneath the game apart from the WebGL disabled error.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Sep 29 2021, 06:36 AM

Default SLASHKEY SAYS it doesn't support my browser

I keep getting this message ... Usually I just clear cache and turn laptop off and on again ....

some days I have to do this 4-5 times.

Now tho ..... it doesn't help. I simply cannot get back into FT.

I use a chromebook ... 2 yrs old ...
Old Sep 29 2021, 06:38 AM

Default Web gl

also - WEB GL --- says it doesn't support my browser ....

and I cannot get into FT at all ....
Old Sep 29 2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouse View Post
I keep getting this message ... Usually I just clear cache and turn laptop off and on again ....

some days I have to do this 4-5 times.

Now tho ..... it doesn't help. I simply cannot get back into FT.

I use a chromebook ... 2 yrs old ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skouse View Post
also - WEB GL --- says it doesn't support my browser ....

and I cannot get into FT at all ....
Hi skouse,

Have you done all your updates on your Chromebook to make sure it's as up to date as it can be? If your browser and WebGL is showing not supported it's sounding like your Chromebook is either not updated or Hardware acceleration is not enabled. If you're not sure how to check for those you may need to go to Chromebooks support page to find out how to do that, as we don't have Chromebooks to be able try one and they will likely be able to give you more information or suggest something you can try with your model of Chromebook.

Does your Chromebook meet the technical requirements listed in the 1st post on page 1 of this thread? If it does not, then you may be running out of memory which is why you're having to reboot the laptop. As I understand it Chromebooks can only use Chrome browser so you can't simply close the browser, wait a few minutes for it to regain some memory, then reopen it. As far as I know you can't try using a different browser either.

In the meantime, I have turned off everything that was turned on in your game preferences to show things like crops trees etc as you had them all turned on. That will give you less to load when you try again which might help to get you back into the game if you can get the browser to show it's supported.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Oct 02 2021, 12:45 PM

where do I start? ONE: Game sticks on gl screen. TWO: WHEN game loads it takes forever. THREE: When it does work, it doesn't save the changes. FOUR: I can't publish anything, including help for ingredients, facilities, or bonuses! What have I been putting real money into this game for? You had 2 years warning of flash dying, why did you wait? Why are we now going through all the problems that we went through many years ago, while the game was Beta? What have we been paying for all these years? I am not a happy bunny, I feel let down, ignored and scammed! I have put a lot of real money into your pockets, as have many, many others, and we are now given an almost unworkable game, for which you offer no apologies and very little support. A refund would be nice, but I can't see that happening!
Old Oct 02 2021, 02:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir winalot View Post
where do I start? ONE: Game sticks on gl screen. TWO: WHEN game loads it takes forever. THREE: When it does work, it doesn't save the changes. FOUR: I can't publish anything, including help for ingredients, facilities, or bonuses! What have I been putting real money into this game for? You had 2 years warning of flash dying, why did you wait? Why are we now going through all the problems that we went through many years ago, while the game was Beta? What have we been paying for all these years? I am not a happy bunny, I feel let down, ignored and scammed! I have put a lot of real money into your pockets, as have many, many others, and we are now given an almost unworkable game, for which you offer no apologies and very little support. A refund would be nice, but I can't see that happening!
Hi sir winalot,
I have moved you post to the subject thread about HTML/WebGL loading problems.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.
Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

Also please try the steps in the first post on the first page of this thread for checking your computer. There is also a list in that post of the minimum requirements for your computer to be able to play without problems.

What happens when you try to post anything to Facebook?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Oct 02 2021 at 03:05 PM.
Old Oct 02 2021, 04:03 PM

No complaints, no problems, just a big thank you to the moderators of this board. You all have a lot of patience, and do a GREAT job. Thank you!!
Old Oct 04 2021, 09:44 AM

HI Raul, Taz and programers. my farm id is 1354435310 my name is Tina Showalter Alton-Meyers. email is [mod edit: email removed for safety]
After this last update my computer is locking up when trying to work SN, trying to go back to my farm, refreshing of any kind. on the address line it looks like it is trying to load but just stalls and locks the entire computer up. I literally have to push the off button and start all over. I have a iMac system, Processor :3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. Memory 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4 GB. I don't know if that is enough to run the game but was fine till this last upgrade. Please advise what I should do. I have cleared memory cache, History and turn my computer off every night. Thanks Tina

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 04 2021 at 10:43 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl