Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 28 2021, 07:06 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

since Friday afternoon I have been getting the same error messages when trying to load farmtown, finally found out that my broadband modem was playing up, have been able to get in intermittently over the weekend and was also able to get in this morning, but the modem is still not working as it should so I have a technician coming to take a look at it this afternoon... my internet speed ranged between 0 and 6mps .. a few minutes ago when I checked it was 22 mps. So its mainly the internet speed that is the cause of a lot of problems we have..
Old Nov 28 2021, 07:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
since Friday afternoon I have been getting the same error messages when trying to load farmtown, finally found out that my broadband modem was playing up, have been able to get in intermittently over the weekend and was also able to get in this morning, but the modem is still not working as it should so I have a technician coming to take a look at it this afternoon... my internet speed ranged between 0 and 6mps .. a few minutes ago when I checked it was 22 mps. So its mainly the internet speed that is the cause of a lot of problems we have..
Hi Aussie Rae,
While internet speed is important, the only time it would cause errors is if it drops out or is causing an intermitent connect as you have been getting. It is not the only things that can cause errors that interfere with your playing the game.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 28 2021, 11:44 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
While internet speed is important, the only time it would cause errors is if it drops out or is causing an intermitent connect as you have been getting. It is not the only things that can cause errors that interfere with your playing the game.
ALL IS GOOD, lol, the technician came, tested my modem which is only 2 month old and it was fine, the problem was a corroded copper wire at the node some distance away but he fixed that... so now I should not see that error message again, fingers crossed,
Old Nov 29 2021, 08:11 PM

2021-11-30 01:50:18.762 ERRORRenderTexture.Create failed: requested size is too large.

2021-11-30 01:50:18.802 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (SetRenderTarget)
2021-11-30 01:50:19.082 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (SetGlobalTexture)
2021-11-30 01:50:19.109 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (Blit source)

trying to lay water and keep getting these errors in the FT console having to refresh and clear mem all done and browser is up to date
Old Nov 29 2021, 08:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm2012 View Post
2021-11-30 01:50:18.762 ERRORRenderTexture.Create failed: requested size is too large.

2021-11-30 01:50:18.802 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (SetRenderTarget)
2021-11-30 01:50:19.082 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (SetGlobalTexture)
2021-11-30 01:50:19.109 WARNCommandBuffer: temporary render texture _CameraColorTexture not found while executing (Blit source)

trying to lay water and keep getting these errors in the FT console having to refresh and clear mem all done and browser is up to date
Hi Alexm,
I moved your post to the subject thread about errors. Please when you get these errors in the FT Console, post in this thread rather than the Game Migration thread.
Those errors happen when you have the farm zoomed in very close. Are they cauysing your farms to freeze or preventing you from working? From what I have seen when I get these they do not cause any problems with doing anything on your farms.
I will copy your post to the closed thread for the developers to look into this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 01 2021, 06:07 PM

Default game crashing

II know everyone is having these problems but....does anyone know how to uinstall Farmtown? When FB did there latest update they did away with the app pgs where we could uninstall from. I've done it before and was given the instructions from soeone in Slashkey. When you re-install the game you get the latest version. it works! FB #100000534947736
Old Dec 01 2021, 06:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tondinihale View Post
II know everyone is having these problems but....does anyone know how to uinstall Farmtown? When FB did there latest update they did away with the app pgs where we could uninstall from. I've done it before and was given the instructions from soeone in Slashkey. When you re-install the game you get the latest version. it works! FB #100000534947736
Hi tondinihale,
This is not recommended as you could end up with a totally new set of farms and not the ones you currently have. Facebook changes your ID for the game and then you can't get back to your original farms. There isn't anything that can be done by Slashkey to get you back to those farms.
You do not need to remove and reinstall the game to get the latest version as you always get the latest version as long as you use the shortcut for Farm Town in the left column of your Facebook home page or use the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forums.
If you insist on doing this the link for apps is in the settings page in the left column and called Apps and Websites. If you lose your farms doing this there is nothing we can do to recover your farms for you.
Old Dec 01 2021, 08:55 PM

Default Error message

Farm keeps going in and out of connection. Keep getting this error:
2021-12-02 02:47:43.857 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Unknown Error, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...k5MjA1MDAwIn0=

Help, please. Been having connection issues all evening. Worked fine this morning. Thanking you in advance.
Old Dec 01 2021, 09:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VondaK View Post
Farm keeps going in and out of connection. Keep getting this error:
2021-12-02 02:47:43.857 WARNWARNING: Ajax.Send_Ajax_Request - got error: ConnectionError, Unknown Error, https://w21.slashkey.com/facebook/fa...k5MjA1MDAwIn0=

Help, please. Been having connection issues all evening. Worked fine this morning. Thanking you in advance.
Hi VondaK,
I moved your post to the HTML/WebGL subject thread about problems with connections.
If you are going in and out of connection then it is an internet problem and not something with the servers. You could try turning off your modem a couple minutes and restarting it. That might help.
Unfortunately your data goes from you and your service provider through many links to get to the Facebook App Server and then through many more links to get to the Farm Town servers. Any one of them could be having a problem and causing your connection to drop. We do not have any way to monitor or fix those.
Old Dec 02 2021, 11:24 AM

Default Thanks, Taz

I didn't have the same connection problem today. However, I have to continually click the connect icon. It's only while working other's farms. Don't know what's going on but thought you should know. Thank you again.

Last edited by VondaK; Dec 02 2021 at 11:36 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl