Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 02 2010, 07:04 PM

Default Time for release

Looking back at previous new releases, they seem to occur around 8pm EST time which is right about now I'd give it another hr before I would get anxious
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba 947 View Post
Why are you blaming Farmtown? What have you done to check your internet connection? Sounds like something external to FT is screwed up...
Typically, people blame Farmtown because Farmtown is at fault. And please don't try to tell me that the lag in loading facilities is an internet connection issue because it isn't. It is a lot better now with the 10+ button, before that you actually had to wait for each one to get transmitted to the server, the server accept it, then the next one. And if you leave before it finishes, you don't get production and have to start over which is precisely what the problem was.
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:07 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Why are you blaming Farmtown? What have you done to check your internet connection? Sounds like something external to FT is screwed up...
I had the same problem as Wingman but with 16 facilities. Didn't take me anywhere near 2 hrs to load them though, even with a half dozen time outs. I always (and still do) figured it has something to do with my computer. With the new loading options for facilities it is nowhere near as bad as it was.

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George61136 View Post
You're insane!

I detest layered trees - especially when the farmer has multiple thjousands of tress - you cannot possibly see all of the ones ready to harvest, so the "boss" sends you back again and again!

I've dumped a couple of neighbors for doing this and expecting me to praise their ingenuity!
Everyone is different so please don't judge others by what you detest. I am not insane...just making use of one farm by planting only crops, trees, flowers and a fish factory. My trees are not so close together than you cannot see they're ready to harvest. Please lighten up, it's only a game. We all have our likes and dislikes, but calling someone "insane" is uncalled for.
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:13 PM

....01.06 GMT ... Saturday 3rd July ....England
Been the outhouse, flicked kettle on, made numerous brews, and carries tray full of cuppa's back to forum ...

Help yrselfs folks, it could be a long night !!!!!!!!

To be honest, I actually can't think of anything that we haven't already got, that could improve Farmtown. Love it, addicted .... but as someone said a short while ago, I'm like a kid on Xmas Eve ...

I have spent on average 18 hrs a day on FT since I joined, have 3 seperate accounts, each with 4 fully extended farms, and always look forward to updates. I've been thru all the problems and glitches with everyone else ... yes, they are a pain at the time, but when the devs and the powers that be rectify the probs, this is still worth all the hassle and VERY late nights
Waiting in anticipation ...
Yours faithfully

Tatty Bear,
Tatty Teddy
& Baby Tatty

Now, PLEASE put us out of our misery !!!
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:16 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Ok I hit 1m xp while waiting for the update lol and I have about 1000 pine and bamboo waiting.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
Typically, people blame Farmtown because Farmtown is at fault. And please don't try to tell me that the lag in loading facilities is an internet connection issue because it isn't. It is a lot better now with the 10+ button, before that you actually had to wait for each one to get transmitted to the server, the server accept it, then the next one. And if you leave before it finishes, you don't get production and have to start over which is precisely what the problem was.
Interesting that you say on one hand "you actually had to wait for each one to get transmitted to the server, the server accept it ..." to me, that almost seems by definition to be a connection type of problem.

One possibility is that your FAST computer is overwhelming some portion of the pipe that forms your internet connection, that can cause timeouts and retrys. Remember there are a lot of hops between you and the server.
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:18 PM

I harvested my tea and chopped more trees...
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:19 PM
Account Not Linked

I love the New Updates especially that one with storage so you can go to Market and know what to sell, one thing though if I might suggest, I did use it to go and sell stuff that were not ingredient to use in factories, thing I noticed is once I sold one thing it flipped back to ALL and I have to go back to non ingredient again, so is there a way to make it so that when you do use that option it doesn't continue to flip back to all every time?
Old Jul 02 2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Interesting that you say on one hand "you actually had to wait for each one to get transmitted to the server, the server accept it ..." to me, that almost seems by definition to be a connection type of problem.

One possibility is that your FAST computer is overwhelming some portion of the pipe that forms your internet connection, that can cause timeouts and retrys. Remember there are a lot of hops between you and the server.
I don't want to get in the middle, but I do have to agree. I can click, click, click 50 times and my productions just keep rolling. I never get time-outs or anything. I will say that once per day I clear my cache and cookies, and reboot my browser, just to keep things running smooth.

HUGz and good luck! Jules

Now I'll go paint my toes, so they look pretty while I sit here and tap, tap, tap.