Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 07:41 PM
Account Not Linked

not a fan of this new change, I understand the reasoning buts its slowed my game so much that it is frustrating and no longer the relaxing get away I enjoyed....
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorsmommie View Post
I don't have a fast connection and DO NOT use the cheats/bots that some do, and this harvesting is TERRIBLE for me! I understood from the OP that your avatar is supposed to be "teleported" to the first plot you click, except that's not happening for me. Just did a farm where the harvested plots were quite aways from the point that my avatar landed on when the farm loaded. Clicked on the closest plot that I could, and my avatar CRAWLED to that plot and wouldn't do anything. I'm not a "poor baby", but would appreciate it if the process worked a little bit better.
The same thing happened to me for a couple of fields but I am harvesting fine now. Plowing was awful but haven't tested this since...hopefully it will have settled down like the harvesting has.
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:43 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default I cannot help you are slow

as pam said i also was fast and accurate i made people say "how do you do that?" I was a newbie and slow as next Christmas but over time i got the hang of it. I guess its, "look to the future!" let the veterans suffer with their big farms and not enough hours in the day to click and wait on every spot. like i said i was slow but no one made me stay on the farms where i was getting ran over. A marble mouse and an 42" flat screen changed all of that.
Nine months and 40 levels later i look back and should have known something like this was going to happen when they offered that 2nd farm a little while back. Now Im really ******.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:43 PM

Unhappy Don't care for the new changes

I understand what you say are the reasons, and those are good reasons - not running over each other and stealing plots from the ohter guy.
but the large large tools obscure and dont allow focus properly on the field, andi have to click several times on each field to even get it to harvest. The poor focus discourages me from farming for other people; i just quit after a couple of jobs and came over here to the forum just to post my thoughts.
not gonna quit, not gonna rant and rave. Love the game. I know you will fix the minor glitches.
I did LOVE having the machine show on my own farm tho.

hey, folks. IT IS ONLY A GAME!! IT ISNT LIFE OR DEATH!
Thanks to devs and mods. love ya.

Farming in the beautiful Great Smoky Mtns of N.C.,
FT member since May 6, 2009
Piccolo Pete
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2041&farm_ix=0
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:45 PM
Account Not Linked

The changing in program sucks, it too slow, and I don't like it. I will give it a chance, but the way things are now, i think i m gonna stop playing it. I don't like having to wait for avatar to catch up. Yes there were people that were hoggs on the field, but it also has to do with the speed of your internet. And beside it just a game, it not like you actually won something of money value so what it the other players get more coins or xp it a freaking game. And now it is so slow. It takes 30 minutes to harvest and plow a field and it totally sucks big time. And another thing you don't have to hire no more than 2 people to harvest or plow your fields instead of 5 or more that where the problems is by hiring to many people at one time. So maybe they should do a program that only allows you to hire no more than 2 people at a time. :mad
Account Not Linked

This is the worst thing the developers could have done. Both for most of the users (except the really slow ones) and themselves. The way the developers of free games on Facebook make their money is from how many millions of active users they have every month. And a tiny bit from using coins you have to pay for. They will lose millions of users now, unless they change it back.

This was supposed to be a fix for the losing coins/points problem.

It's NOT a fix. It only cut down the losing coins/points to 33% of the original number who had problems with it. At the same time, everyone, EVEN THE ONES WITH THE LOSING COINS/POINTS problem are complaining now. Never before have there been such a negative response to a Farm Town "upgrade". Not even close. There are 10 new messages every minute and they're all negative.

To the developers: Change it back now, or you'll lose millions of users this month.

I know that the efforts were to fix something that was broken and I do appreciate your efforts! But, I for one hate the new harvest/plow. I started out right where I was standing and clicked the very next plot to harvest/plow. I had to wait till the plot cleared before I could click the next one or I got the error, Wait... I'm busy... This is NOT a good fix to the problem. I'm level 47 and have been playing this game a good while... I'm not sure I'll keep playing it with this "New enhanced fix"! My avitar was dreadfully slow while others were zooming along, so what's with that? It took forever for someone to harvest/plow my both my farms. Please, please, please, come up with a better fix. I would rather loose coins and exp then keep going on at this rate! FarmVille is looking better even though I preferred FarmTown before.....

I'm harvesting my crops today on both farms, and won't replant or play the game until they change the way we harvest/plow to something better then what it is now... I'm sorry the developers didn't make a better choice....

Last edited by Mari T; Dec 22 2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: addendom
Old Dec 22 2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicalita View Post
Maybe you complainers should give it a bit of time ? Compared to when the changeover first took place I can say that I am now faster than before. With my computer, I have never been able to save my gave very quickly but now it is much better. Are the complainers the ones that elbowed everyone else out of the way in their greedy manner but now are not able to do that? If so, the game would be much better without you. Give it a chance why not!!??
Wow, you sure were slow before. There is NO WAY anyone is faster now.

even teleporting is slow, slow. wait for him to catch up click on 3, blip, blip, blip, it's skip the second, hit the third then stop til you click on No. 2 again. Over and over and over. If you are faster now, you are slow, slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleytalk View Post
Just had someone plow a (dead, oops) field, then harvest and plow my other farm in no less time than it ever took for anyone before, and she didn't have to wonder if she needed to "wait till it was done". Still went just as fast.
I agree, IT just seems to take longer. But then that would require people to actually pay attention to that fact.
Account Not Linked

These new changes are entirely too slow. I'm very methodical in my harvesting or plowing and having to wait for each jump of my character is not only time consuming but extremely irritating. I really like this game, but if it is going to be this slow, then I will not want to play, as others have stated.

I just harvested and plowed a field by myself and it took so long that the farm owner left. This not only slows down the harvesting or plowing, but also slows down any coins or xp points a farmer could get daily.

Put it back the way it was. I'm willing to lose a few coins or xp points once in awhile so that I can enjoy playing the game.

It is, after all, a game that should be enjoyable and relaxing. It's not enjoyable the way it is now.

Last edited by jeantu516@hotmail.com; Dec 22 2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: added to the statement
Closed Thread