Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 22 2009, 08:29 PM
Account Not Linked

I hate it!!! I will quit if they dont put it back the other way. This way stinks.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie Angel View Post
I'm enjoying the new version. Thank you so much!!! I think the trick is to click on the field that is next to our avatars instead of going to a field that is far away from your avatar when you begin clicking. Some players like to begin their clicks in a pattern, and they always loved to begin clicking from the top of the farm and then move down as they click. But everyone knows that now this method doesn't work well when you go into a farm to harvest with multiple farmers there. Everyone just clicks randomly without any patterns, thus causing the well-patterned players to do the same.

I like the new version because if you just click the field next to you to begin your clicking, you will be working on your own speed. How fast you want to click to the field next to it and thereafter is of your own makings. You can make your avatar go faster by clicking faster to the next field and the next, or you can go slower is you wish. You control you own clicks and your control your own speed.

The trick is when you finished clicking a block of fields, then take the closest block of fields that is next to you. Don't try to click on a field that is at the opposite end of where your avatar is, or far away from your avatar, as it will take time for your avatar to walk over there to begin clicking. ALWAYS click on the closest field and then begin clicking away. Now there is no doubt that YOU ARE getting your XP points and your pay, as you can clearly see that every time you click a field.

The seeding is also an improvement. I like it when I can see the picture of the crop that I'm planting, so there will not be any mistakes. I had personally made so many errors with planting seeds in my second farm, I could be planting beets in the beginning, and then someone said something, and I had to refresh the screen. When I came back I would be picking the wrong seed to plant. This happened at least two or three times when I first got my second farm.

Now with the new seeding tool, I can see the picture of the crop I;m planting, and I really like this. The only thing is to watch out for your fuel, when you think your fuel could be running out then refill it before proceeding, for this new version does not tell you that your fuel are out' but you always know how many fields your farm has, and how many fuel you've got left to seed, so there's no mystery there.

I LOVE THIS NEW VERSION!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Sandie Angel
That's quite humorous actually, if you click too fast, then you've clicked two plots over before the avatar gets there so you miss one in the middle and have to go back and click again, then he has to lolly gag around skipping over the third one. In short, you can't 'speed up' by clicking faster, clicking faster SLOWS you down.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:31 PM

I hate this new upgrade. What are people getting blind not being able to see these HUGE ICONS.. come on.. developers. Then now the queing up of the clicks.. nothing. we cant work fast at all. I am leaving fields not waiting and waiting to click then wait, then click, give us a break! You developers are ruining what used to be a fun game and making it terrible. I guess I will go to farmville or some other game then wait for this **** to get fixed that you ruined.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Everyone i have talked to hates it too. You are gonna lose alot of users if you keep it this way!
I am an avid user of farmtown. I absolutely love it, or did until the harvesting was changed. I gave up farmville but plan on going back. Please please please change it back!1
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:32 PM

This is absolutely worse for me- I cannot work at all- it goes way too slow and I keep getting the message 'wait-i am busy". It will take 5 times as long to harvest or plow. I can't play it this way. Please put it back to where it was!!!!!!!!
Account Not Linked

Default Vuelta al sistema anterior

POr favor. vuelvan al sistema anterior, realmente voy a dejar de jugar con éste nuevo sistema, no me gusta nada.
Es lento,lentísimo
Lo odio
Trabajar en otras granjas se ha convertido en una pesadilla

I am really confused and concerned. I always stayed in my own area, using straight lines; because I have harvested and plowed for such a long period of time, my speed had increased dramatically, and all the change has done is slow me down to almost snail pace. I don't think it is a realistic change for those of us who have played the game fairly and have just increased our speed over the months. After talking to others who are at higher levels, they all feel the same way, and I feel you are going to lose a lot of people who have put alot of time and effort into the game playing fairly. I am very disappointed.
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:34 PM

Are you kidding me? Way to go FarmTown you have figured out how to ruin your own game! It is way too slow...people may not be losing some of their points or coins now but in the long run were all losing points and coins because of how slow it is! Farming is now like watching the grass grow!

Thumbs down

Hate the update. I joined the FORUM just to post how bad this update is. Can't hire people, they quit because I have a big farm with lots of stuff to manuever around and they get frustrated waiting for the Avatar. Only way it works is if you just have big square fields with no water or obstacles. Please change it back. I was a slow worker and got frustrated with it, but after a while I learned and now (or rather then) it worked fine. Update is bad.
Account Not Linked

Default Please reconsider the harvesting change!

Today I was hired on a couple of farms and quit because I was moving so slowly. I thought it was me and came to the forum to see if there was a solution. After learning that the "problem" is not really an problem, but an upgrade, Please, Please, roll back the recent harvesting upgrade. I LOVED the queing of the harvested fields.

About the lost coins..... It seems to me that no coin was actually lost. It is simply a matter that another harvester plowed/harvested that plot before you. All you as a harvester need to do is to watch your coin and XP as you harvest or plow. When your coin and XP stop adding up, the fields are done. Quit harvesting. Since another player already got the coin for that field, no coin was actually lost. As a player, just pay attention to what you are doing.

Again, Please, roll back the recent harvesting upgrade.

Thanks.

Last edited by lulabelle; Dec 22 2009 at 08:39 PM.
Closed Thread