Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 07 2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Minor issues: The image on the Bar Supplies Shop is wallpaper - and the image on the Western Supplies Factory is a pile of stones or pebbles or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyD1651 View Post
My neighbours are having the same problem when they post those facilities.
Just posted mine and they both gave the same thing for pics as said above.

Thank you for the update!!!!
Old Mar 07 2017, 10:20 PM

And client posts appear to be randomly redirecting friends to work factories again, even though the post clearly states that it is client services for 1XP per product recommended.... Both good images and bad images....
Old Mar 07 2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Container Remaining Time: 23 minutes
Dispatch Remaining Time: 6 hrs 17 minutes

When you look on the container itself, it says 3 minutes, so there's a 20 minute difference.

I doubt that it's an issue with my computer clock. I'm a software developer and have to test times, etc., in my own software, so I've got my computer clock synchronized with the time setting in PHP, Apache, etc.

For more info: I didn't get the popup telling me that container had finished but I started a new one anyway. Now my Container Remaining Time says 1 hr 18 minutes (58 minutes for the actual container, plus the 20)

Added later: Now they've synched up again - both say 6 minutes left. Very weird.
The weird times have been around for a while now, but not bothersome enough to post about for me. It is not uncommon, when I start preparing a container, to go back a screen and have it state that the container will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes longer than the overall container prep time....
Old Mar 07 2017, 10:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
Just posted mine and they both gave the same thing for pics as said above.

Thank you for the update!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
And client posts appear to be randomly redirecting friends to work factories again, even though the post clearly states that it is client services for 1XP per product recommended.... Both good images and bad images....
Hi Jean and beautysmom,
This has been reported to the developers. The only thing we can do is wait for them to find the problem and fix it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 08 2017, 05:44 AM

I'm still thinking there may be an issue with the left-click contextual menus. Clearing cache and memcache doesn't phase that particular issue. Yesterday after I rebooted, it was fine again so I thought all was good. But this morning, I'm having trouble both hiring and also harvesting individual animal buildings again - both places where I left-click to bring up a contextual menu and then try to make a choice. I haven't tried rebooting - maybe that would fix it again - but just the fact that I might need to reboot frequently is new. I leave my computer on 24/7 and often don't reboot or turn it off for several weeks and I've never had this issue before.

Things I've noticed about the issue:

1. It's an intermittent problem; sometimes it works fine.
2. It's worse at full screen; sometimes I can close out the full screen and get it to work.
3. When it's NOT working, the first thing you might notice is that it's a bit hard to highlight the choice you want because more than one thing highlights. Also, once you do manage to get the choice you want, when you click it, the screen jumps a bit but never actually does whatever you had asked it to do (e.g., for the two I've found so far, it doesn't harvest the animal building or send a hire request).
4. Again, it may be helpful to notice that I first started having this issue Monday morning, i.e., before the latest release. Not sure if my post should stay in this thread - just wasn't sure where to put it. Thought maybe either our developers or FB made some change on Monday morning that could have caused this.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Mar 08 2017, 07:00 AM

The two new facilities are still not posting for client referrals. If you use one of them to post for referrals it shows as a request for help in the factories. I wrote this yesterday too but have not heard back yet. This has happened with at least two of my neighbors. Thanks.
Old Mar 08 2017, 08:27 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny T View Post
The two new facilities are still not posting for client referrals. If you use one of them to post for referrals it shows as a request for help in the factories. I wrote this yesterday too but have not heard back yet. This has happened with at least two of my neighbors. Thanks.
Hi Granny T,

This is a known issue that we have notified the developers about. For the time being do not use the Bar Supplies shop for posting client work until it is fixed.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 08 2017, 09:31 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
knolan, I can only speak for myself, but several years ago, I posted about wanting some long range goals to reach for. Farmtown was getting a little boring at the time because I had everything - no more goals. So for me, the super expensive land upgrades give me goals to work for. Like you, I never spend FC for the upgrades - but that's part of the fun - still having "carrots" in front of me.
I started out the same way, except that when I got too bored, I opened up a 2nd acct. That was my mistake. But, even tho I have 2 accts to work on, I can't seem to get enough coins any of them in order to enlarge or even keep up with the new farms that are added.
I know there seems to be a lot of complaints for the issue of land upgrades being too high. It seems to me, that if the dev's want players to spend more farmcash, they would want us to purchase the land at a reasonable price in order for us to purchase the facilities. It just seems to me, that they aren't thinking about this in a smart manner. In business, there are smart moves, and if they wanted to kick butt as a business, they would not swindle all of our farmcash in every manner they could, but only where it was smart.
Because FarmTown grew so rapidly, they may not have taken the time to think through what was wise & what was unwise to do with the company as far as raising money for the staff. It's not too late for them to change the cost. I would love ( & I think I'm not alone), to see them make the changes now & reduce the cost of land. It would definitely be a monumental move toward the winning over of the majority of the players.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 08 2017, 10:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm still thinking there may be an issue with the left-click contextual menus. Clearing cache and memcache doesn't phase that particular issue. Yesterday after I rebooted, it was fine again so I thought all was good. But this morning, I'm having trouble both hiring and also harvesting individual animal buildings again - both places where I left-click to bring up a contextual menu and then try to make a choice. I haven't tried rebooting - maybe that would fix it again - but just the fact that I might need to reboot frequently is new. I leave my computer on 24/7 and often don't reboot or turn it off for several weeks and I've never had this issue before.

Things I've noticed about the issue:

1. It's an intermittent problem; sometimes it works fine.
2. It's worse at full screen; sometimes I can close out the full screen and get it to work.
3. When it's NOT working, the first thing you might notice is that it's a bit hard to highlight the choice you want because more than one thing highlights. Also, once you do manage to get the choice you want, when you click it, the screen jumps a bit but never actually does whatever you had asked it to do (e.g., for the two I've found so far, it doesn't harvest the animal building or send a hire request).
4. Again, it may be helpful to notice that I first started having this issue Monday morning, i.e., before the latest release. Not sure if my post should stay in this thread - just wasn't sure where to put it. Thought maybe either our developers or FB made some change on Monday morning that could have caused this.
Hi Susan,
As you are the only one reporting this and we can't duplicate it then it may be something with your computer. If you are using a wireless mouse try changing the battery and see if that helps. Mice do wear out. I personally have been at least 3 or 4 mice in my time playing this game.
Also try another computer if you can and see if it works on that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 08 2017, 10:42 AM

Post Glitch/Situation

I have noticed a minor glitch/situation on my farmtown since the update. My default farm would always open normally before with chat screen hidden. Now it is showing the chat screen open every time with words in red: loading user - connecting to town mainframe (WF3) - connected to mainframe - joining room -entered room. The first time it happened, I thought maybe a neighbor was on the farm. Not the case. I did the cache clean and reloaded. Same result each time. I have to manually hide the chat. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I find it annoying. Any suggestions.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Closed Thread