Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 09 2011, 02:39 AM

Thankyou thankyou for the new updates they are the best as usual and now I can relieve my horses of their hair lol mind you I have had both stables for ages and many horses for ages so now can put them to use
Old Jul 09 2011, 02:50 AM

I just got the gift page when I logged in and there was a red maple tree. Sent it to a few friends and changed two of my gifts to that - now it is gone from the free gifts!!! Whats happening?

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jul 09 2011, 03:03 AM

mine is still there
Old Jul 09 2011, 03:35 AM

So is mine (Red Maple Tree free gift). I guess they'll tell us about that later? i don't remember seeing it mentioned in Raul's update message, but I could have missed it. I'm assuming the Red Maple can also be chopped, like the regular Maple tree.

On the subject of chopping trees... I planted approximately 1600 Ebony trees (which took me quite awhile). I was very happy to see them appear full grown, so I could chop them all together and start loading the wood into my four Sawmills right away. I was then very surprised... and confused... when I ran out of Ebony wood to load after only 90 batches in each of the four Sawmills. I have the upgraded fertilizer.. which gives me double harvests on trees. I forgot to even look for the (F) symbol over my new Ebony trees, but according to my mental math.. I did not get double harvests on this first batch. I hope it was just because they were newly planted... and not because of a glitch in these new trees. I'm just saying...
Old Jul 09 2011, 03:47 AM

red maple gives you sap to make syrup with so maybe we will be able to collect the sap at some point
Old Jul 09 2011, 03:55 AM

Hmmm... Max, I'm thinking that Red Maples make sap for syrup in that other farming game... but in this one, I'm pretty sure they're chopping trees. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I'm now planting even more Ebony trees, added to the nearly 1600 I've already planted.. and seriously considering doing virtual harm to my avatar if she doesn't get out of my way while I'm planting them! (Hint for a future update...)
Old Jul 09 2011, 04:07 AM

trust me i come from a country known for there maple syrup and all the other stuff we could make with the syrup. candy,pancakes,french toast so much more and folks have been asking for it for a long time. they could do both who know this is farmtown and we never know what the dev are going to do or even thinking
Old Jul 09 2011, 04:10 AM

Default FarmTown Shouldn't Be Turned into a Country in Economic Crisis!

[quote=Aero 1;4743102]Thanks for the update, but no thanks, not interested in anymore facillities,

I completely agree with Aero.
Also the FC buying system (I am not buying them all the time, though!) was changed and right now it is completely under control of FaceBook as well as earning free FC options. FaceBook is not a safe environment and faces to privacy claims very often.

I am not willing to buy FC through the FB anymore...
Old Jul 09 2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie49 View Post
Also the FC buying system (I am not buying them all the time, though!) was changed and right now it is completely under control of FaceBook as well as earning free FC options. FaceBook is not a safe environment and faces to privacy claims very often.

I am not willing to buy FC through the FB anymore...
I agree with you 100%, Nettie. Facebook has a lousy track record when it comes to privacy issues, and they are clearly making money from a ton of third parties who are very interested in obtaining our personal information. I believe it's a conflict of interest for Facebook to take over all purchases for games. I've spoken out often on this subject here in the forums. However, I don't think Slashkey or other game developers had a choice in this matter. Facebook undoubtedly told them it's their way, or the highway.

I can't say I won't buy anymore Farm Cash, but I won't buy it using my real identity or real financial information. The Facebook Credit gift cards are not easy to find.. and are not in my local Walmart stores, as Facebook claimed they would be. They are only sold in Target stores right now.
Old Jul 09 2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
Thanks for the update, but no thanks, not interested in anymore facillities, except for the snack machine and instant food factory but only because i already make the things needed to fill them to refer them to clients but i won't be purchasing anymore. I am one of those who is bored with having new facillities all the time. Also I noticed that you have got a tool called table and chairs and a drive through system that enables us to start all productions with one click on 7 restaurants and 8 fast food facillities but each of these cost 35 farm cash won't be purchasing these either, wouldn't of minded paying 35 farm cash if the tool enabled us to start production with one click for all facillities but these two and the bottling machine from last update means a total of 105 farm cash and thats still not all the factorys covered. I will continue to click one at a time thank you but I am sure there are a lot of people playing who are willing to pay for all 3 but not me. I am a long time player and will continue to play every day but I just wish we could stay clear of new facillities for a while and have some of the other suggestions added to the game. Thanks for fixing some of the bugs and enabling us to hire multi that is a great help.
I agree totally, the game is moving away from what attracted me to it in the first place, would have loved to have seen more decorations etc, would love to be able to change the sizes of some items because you just can't put some items next to others cos the proportions are all wrong. I am so bored of the facillities now it tired and old, I know you can't please everyone but it seems the only ones being please are those who like the facillities. Come on make some changes to things we already have and add new products to existing facillities instead of adding new ones, oh but wait thats not gonna happen right because you won't be earning any fc unless you keep adding new facillities that cost real money. Shame theres a lot of improvements that could be made to what you have already given us shame you can't balance both.

Layla's Hideaway
Second Place
Third not Last
May the forth be with you
Over the hill and far away
Sixth Sence
Seventh Heaven
Gr eight Harvest

Farming Since April 2009

Last edited by jlb; Jul 09 2011 at 05:02 AM.
Closed Thread