Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 22 2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean's Farm View Post
I have to ask again....What does a higher level get you????? There is no prize for the person who has the highest level!!!!! They are not forcing you to spend money.....try playing a Zynga game that forces you to beg and beg from your neighbors for every little thing you want.

I love this game and you can keep doing things they way you are devs!!! And I think....no I don't think, I KNOW.....I'm in the majority. People who are happy don't make noise!!!!
with only 850,000 monthly active users....down from nearly 19 million from it's peak...I'm guessing the happy players are in the minority and the unhappy players have all quit.

I think it's in the best interests of the developers to spend more time listening to the unhappy players and I think it's unfortunate that the happy minority feel the need to shout down the players that are less than happy with the game when they voice their opinion on the forums.
Old Jan 22 2012, 12:51 PM

<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
I play FT because I enjoy the heck out of it. I reached the 'Top' a long time ago and every subsequent upgrade only adds levels - I no longer have to 'work' for them. I don't think the point of the game is to win - I'm not really sure there is such a thing as 'winning'. Now, in all honesty, I'm not a competitive sort of person - hence the idea of 'winning' holds little appeal to me.
I think there are a few points - one is to socialize and meet new people. This game is worldwide and has allowed me to meet some very nice people from all over the world.
Another point is to allow people to create beauty. It takes a great deal of patience, creativity and imagination to utilize the materials that the dev's have given us - and create unique lands and towns and living areas.
The details in each building, shore, hill, flower, animal - are unlike any other game here on FB - the dev's have worked very hard to come as close to reality as possible - including shading and functionality - which they continually advance.
I sincerely hope that I am not in the minority - I would really be very unhappy were this game to disappear. I have put a lot into it - not to win - but to enjoy.
As with anything in the development world - nothing is perfect. There will always be something which can be improved - and for most developers, constructive criticism is appreciated. (I say that having been a developer in a previous life.)
Also having been a developer once upon a time - I know that the one thing that developers RARELY get from clients is 'Good Job'. The requisite 'thank you' is there - but, the notice of the little extras - the things that don't get published - is usually not there. Praise for the good things is far more powerful that denigrating commentaries.
To the devs:
I thank you truly for allowing a place for my creativity to flourish. Good job! Everything you do is much appreciated.

To any farmers looking for a 'FT Neighbor' - I am always available.
Thanks!
</end rant>
Old Jan 22 2012, 01:44 PM

Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonywyverndragon View Post
<rant>
To the unhappy folks:
I play FT because I enjoy the heck out of it. I reached the 'Top' a long time ago and every subsequent upgrade only adds levels - I no longer have to 'work' for them. I don't think the point of the game is to win - I'm not really sure there is such a thing as 'winning'. Now, in all honesty, I'm not a competitive sort of person - hence the idea of 'winning' holds little appeal to me.
I think there are a few points - one is to socialize and meet new people. This game is worldwide and has allowed me to meet some very nice people from all over the world.
Another point is to allow people to create beauty. It takes a great deal of patience, creativity and imagination to utilize the materials that the dev's have given us - and create unique lands and towns and living areas.
The details in each building, shore, hill, flower, animal - are unlike any other game here on FB - the dev's have worked very hard to come as close to reality as possible - including shading and functionality - which they continually advance.
I sincerely hope that I am not in the minority - I would really be very unhappy were this game to disappear. I have put a lot into it - not to win - but to enjoy.
As with anything in the development world - nothing is perfect. There will always be something which can be improved - and for most developers, constructive criticism is appreciated. (I say that having been a developer in a previous life.)
Also having been a developer once upon a time - I know that the one thing that developers RARELY get from clients is 'Good Job'. The requisite 'thank you' is there - but, the notice of the little extras - the things that don't get published - is usually not there. Praise for the good things is far more powerful that denigrating commentaries.
To the devs:
I thank you truly for allowing a place for my creativity to flourish. Good job! Everything you do is much appreciated.

To any farmers looking for a 'FT Neighbor' - I am always available.
Thanks!
</end rant>
Amen and Ditto neighbor.
I was introduced to FT by a coworker who used the game to teach her young children basic economics while home schooling. The beauty of this game is that it is to the player whatever they choose to make of it. I LOVE building farms and the collection of coin and xp is merely the labor of that love. THANK YOU devs and moderators for hanging in there and working to bring us a fresh start so often.
I just have one question ... When does FT get out of BETA?

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5488&farm_ix=7
Old Jan 22 2012, 02:17 PM

since yesterday i'm unable to work anyone's facilities.. instead of loading them, all it does is let me "clean up" from tornadoes, etc, but the facilities don't load... anyone else having this problem?
Old Jan 22 2012, 02:52 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I did have that problem a couple days ago, but it has cleared up for me
Old Jan 22 2012, 02:56 PM

Talking thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,

The 60 items will be things like buildings, decorations etc.
thanks for clearing that up for me
Old Jan 22 2012, 03:03 PM

This was a reasonable update and not to sound ungrateful but we NEED the mineral mines to increase output. I cannot buy any more new facilities because the mineral mines do not produce enough raw materials to match the demand for stainless steel, cooper, and aluminum. Please increase the mineral mines and or metal factories.
Old Jan 22 2012, 03:14 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for working so hard and bringing out new stuff. I would love if you could bring out 30+ levels. If a farmer is on the top level, with no cash and you add 25 levels, the farmer still hasn't enough cash to buy a facility or tool. If you add 30 or 35 new levels, the farmer at least can treat himself/herself to a new toy.
Gezza
Old Jan 22 2012, 03:25 PM

Still wondering about the new level?
Old Jan 22 2012, 05:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasper View Post
Still wondering about the new level?
They haven't been released yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread