Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jan 07 2022, 01:15 PM

I had no problem BUYing what I needed. And I received items from friends in my giftbox. I stored them - but the 3 quests wouldn't APPLY the items to the quest. So far since the changeover last year, not one time I've clicked to use the lifeline and gotten the items from the marketplace or from friends has this feature worked.
So are you telling me the feature is turned on and supposed to be working? But just isn't for me?
Old Jan 07 2022, 01:24 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jankath61453@gmail.com View Post
I had no problem BUYing what I needed. And I received items from friends in my giftbox. I stored them - but the 3 quests wouldn't APPLY the items to the quest. So far since the changeover last year, not one time I've clicked to use the lifeline and gotten the items from the marketplace or from friends has this feature worked.
So are you telling me the feature is turned on and supposed to be working? But just isn't for me?
Hi jankath61453,

Perhaps I'm not being clear, sorry.

For example, if you needed wheat for a quest step and you have the trading lifeline for that quest. If someone at market clicks on your avatar and sells you that wheat (in effect you bought it from them) is that the method that is not working for you?

Accepting gifts in your gift box when you have the trading lifeline won't work for that. For accepting gifts or ingredients from your gift box you would need the gift lifeline.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 07 2022 at 01:36 PM.
Old Jan 07 2022, 01:39 PM

OK. Obviously it is I who am not being clear enough. I've been doing this for YEARS. Using lifelines for YEARS. They always worked fine. I know how they work. But for the past year, even though you can click on the lifeline, and i go to the marketplace as it says, or request items from friends to MAKE something in a facility, and I GET those items, even though I get them, the quest itself refuses to acknowledge that I have received them. Those items go into my giftbox (from friends) and I click on those and store them. But still, the quest does not recognize that I have collected what it is I collected for the quest. I don't know any other way to convince you that I already know, and have known for years, how to use lifelines and apply them. But since the changeover, they just quit working for me. So are you saying - that feature IS turned on and is supposed to be working? That's all I originally asked about. Just is the feature turned on and should be working for us?
If it is, next time I try one and it doesnt work, I'll submit a ticket on it and maybe we can figure it out then.
Old Jan 07 2022, 01:58 PM

Quote:
OK. Obviously it is I who am not being clear enough. I've been doing this for YEARS. Using lifelines for YEARS. They always worked fine. I know how they work. But for the past year, even though you can click on the lifeline, and i go to the marketplace as it says, or request items from friends to MAKE something in a facility, and I GET those items, even though I get them, the quest itself refuses to acknowledge that I have received them. Those items go into my giftbox (from friends) and I click on those and store them. But still, the quest does not recognize that I have collected what it is I collected for the quest. I don't know any other way to convince you that I already know, and have known for years, how to use lifelines and apply them. But since the changeover, they just quit working for me. So are you saying - that feature IS turned on and is supposed to be working? That's all I originally asked about. Just is the feature turned on and should be working for us?
If it is, next time I try one and it doesnt work, I'll submit a ticket on it and maybe we can figure it out then.
Hi jankath61453,

Yes all the lifelines should be working without any problems. We don't have any other reports so far, that they are not working now. So from what you are telling us none of the lifelines are working for you no matter which one you get for one of your quests?

Could you be using a saved bookmark in your browser to load the game? If you are try deleting it and load the game from the Facebook bookmark on the left side of News Feed or the Play FarmTown button at the top of the forum so you know you are in the current version and not an older version.

If it's not that either, and you are on top of the usual things like browser clearing and updates all I can suggest you do is try running memcache to clear your game data now. If there is any stray data causing a problem that might help so that it's cleared before you next need a to use a lifeline again.
To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload the game and it's done.

If you get the problem again and send a ticket in, list the name of the quest, the step you are trying to complete that isn't working on that quest and the exact method used that isn't working please.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jan 07 2022, 02:07 PM

Yes! Finally that is hopeful. I do use the same bookmark. Now granted, that's exactly what I did every other year previous to last year, but still, if that's a thing I'll certain make sure to update the bookmark with each upgrade. Yeah, I do all the basic cache clearing stuff every morning when I start my computer. And I will also add now memcache again. I truly thought that was no longer a thing. I have THAT bookmarked now. So next quest, I'll try this, even if I don't need anything (I truly SELDOM need lifelines - like I say, just 3 times last year) and I'll be excited to see if it works now. Thank you!!
Old Jan 07 2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Yes! Finally that is hopeful. I do use the same bookmark. Now granted, that's exactly what I did every other year previous to last year, but still, if that's a thing I'll certain make sure to update the bookmark with each upgrade. Yeah, I do all the basic cache clearing stuff every morning when I start my computer. And I will also add now memcache again. I truly thought that was no longer a thing. I have THAT bookmarked now. So next quest, I'll try this, even if I don't need anything (I truly SELDOM need lifelines - like I say, just 3 times last year) and I'll be excited to see if it works now. Thank you!!
Hi jankath61453,

Ok you should be able to save what we call a generic bookmark for the game as that is what will always take you to the current version unless some weird problem crops up. So if you do that you shouldn't have to delete the saved bookmark every time we get an update you will only need to reload the game to get the update. Saved bookmarks can play up sometimes it's just one of those things that appears to happen for no apparent reason.
Save it from when you load the game from the Facebook bookmark, loading via the button at the top of the forum or you can copy the link for one of your farms via the the Farm Selector manager in your tool box if you wish.
You could also highlight this link and paste it in your browser address bar and use that to load the game then save that:
Code:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/play/
You don't have to clear browser caches every day unless you are on the computer all day long, every day, and tend to do a considerable amount of browsing other websites as well.

Do check for browser updates regularly they are hot to update quite frequently for any security updates needed. Those I tend to check for once a week and clear the browser at the same time. That's just my preference, up to you what you would like to do.

Memcache doesn't need to be run every day either. I tend to only run it if I run into an odd issue that may turn out to be just a temporary glitch.

Clickable Help Links:

Old Jan 07 2022, 05:46 PM

Actually, I work on my computer almost all day 24/7 and use lots of images and graphics, so yeah, I clear cache often because it speeds the computer up if it's lagging and because, of course, when there's a problem most help sites out are condescending and tell us to clear our cache and that should fix it right up. Like we don't already know to do that often, and we're idiots. It just wastes a lot of time to convince them we have a real problem. I only use google chrome and it's set to update itself as soon as there is an update.
Thanks for all your help. Such a simple thing, and yet - I thought my bookmark was giving me the latest and greatest, at least eventually each time I went on FT and clicked on the farms I update every day. Come to find out, I WAS an idiot about that! and that's great advice I'll use every day!
Old Jan 16 2022, 07:09 AM

I am having a problem with this quest.. it seems to be stuck with "produce white wine aged 2 yrs? .. I started it yesterday earlier I thought.. but it didn't start I found out a couple hrs later (because I had already started 100% production while in facilities "start all") ... so then when I could go back and start it again for quest FOR REAL I did so was sometime yesterday afternoon or early evening .. now this is what it shows at least 10 hrs later...
Old Jan 16 2022, 07:25 AM

"I am having a problem with this quest.. it seems to be stuck"

Well I don't know what happened but it seems to be working now.. it says 4 hrs ..lol
Old Jan 16 2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
I am having a problem with this quest.. it seems to be stuck with "produce white wine aged 2 yrs? .. I started it yesterday earlier I thought.. but it didn't start I found out a couple hrs later (because I had already started 100% production while in facilities "start all") ... so then when I could go back and start it again for quest FOR REAL I did so was sometime yesterday afternoon or early evening .. now this is what it shows at least 10 hrs later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundos View Post
"I am having a problem with this quest.. it seems to be stuck"

Well I don't know what happened but it seems to be working now.. it says 4 hrs ..lol
Hi Sundos

Im glad the product is being produced but please take in mind that 100 units of White wine aged 2yrs. take 16 hours to be produced.

Tags
8 quests, brown quests, completed quest, employee lifeline, friends list, gift issues, gift lifeline, lifeline, lifelines, personal quests, quest, quest manager, quest rewards, quest time, quests, quests completed, regular quests, trader lifeline