Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 19 2016, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolannhallam View Post
Okay, it's April 19th and the message is still there about being temporarily disabled until today. When does that end?
Hi Carolannhallam,
The 19th isn't over yet.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:10 AM
Account Not Linked

I'm hoping some of the farmers can help me understand the furor over FC gifting being suspended -- now back, but with rule changes. The update mentions bots and fake accounts, so I get that they had to put a stop to that. But I really don't understand why people are champing at the bit to give their money away.

I really don't know how long I've been playing -- it's been awhile -- and I know at times I've spent a lot of money on FC when I could. But I can count on one hand the number of times I've had enough extra that I could give away FC items. And I don't need any hands to count the number of FC items people have sent me, because I don't have friends clamoring to send me stuff. :-D

On the one hand, when a new update comes out, there are so many people who are complaining about how expensive things have gotten. I know not everyone is in that position, but I was surprised at how many people were counting down when they would be able to give away their FC. And now with the update and the new restrictions, they're complaining about how much they have to spend in real money to give away FC? I'm so confused.

If you aren't buying the FC that you're giving away, where is it coming from? If you've maxed out level-wise, you aren't getting much "free" FC anymore. The quests don't add much, either. At a max of 4 FC a week, that's not enough to do anything. When they *do* add new levels, the 25 FC you get isn't enough to buy an FC facility anymore, or do much with expanding farms. And the offers -- well, they're a joke. I tried those early on and never received anything from any of them.

So, I guess what I'm wondering is -- where is this source of this free FC that is so bountiful you can give it away?

I did see mention of groups that have some kind of contests going on. This is the first I've heard of those -- is *this* what all the fuss is about?

Thanks!!!
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Farm Cash sending new restrictions

The new FC sending gifts rules update. How will this be monitored since we see gifts we have received but not sent in the Account tab? I have bought 100's of UK pounds of Farm Cash over the years. Does this mean that previous purchases will not count towards sending FC gifts if I reach my limit. Or are we expected to buy FC yearly in order to send gifts to friends? How will this be monitored? When is this new "count" going to start?

I feel that in many respects that Farm Town Developers have brought this on themselves and now "we" as the players are having restrictions imposed on us.

You claim that bots and fake accounts are taking their toll on loss of revenue. Personally I don't understand this. I would say that the cost of buying FC is causing this. FC is not cheap and you bring out 2 new FC facilities and other items every month. It is only natural that people want to have the new items and this would be at a cost of over 84 UK pounds a year just to keep up with the new facilities without any new tools you add. Also with so many FC facilities now put into the mix of Quests, people naturally want them so they can see some sort of result and achievement to playing

As I have said this before (in previous posts), owning all the FC facilities and most of the useful tools to cut out playing time would equate to well over a 1000++ of UK pounds for someone new joining the game.

You could give out more FC as an incentive to play instead of controlling us to getting almost a guaranteed 2 FC a week with both quests and making it difficult to get 4 FC a week with so many FC facilities now put into the mix. The new competition is a complete waste of time trying to earn FC! It takes quite a long time to earn Farm Cash going up the levels, especially when you are at the top level.

You could put out "special offers" every so often offering FC at discounted prices or even double for the same cost as an incentive to get people to buy. Or you could reduce your prices.

I am sure Farm Town's decision to impose these restrictions will have an impact on the game and players.
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:18 AM

With this new scam they started about sending friends FC, it don't look like we will even have a game to play much longer. I dropped from 100 neighbors to 2 in just a couple hours over this ****, and of the 500 other FT players I had, only 35 are left that still have the app. I may or may not still play, but will certainly never send them another penny of my money. Greed is one thing, but stupidity is something completely different.
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phongreg View Post
There's nothing wrong with my farm Taz. The problem is after a year playing I should NOT have to buy FC just to be able to send a friend a $55 FC gift card
Or after a month, or a day, or after 5 years, or any other time, it is yours, you earned it and should be able to do as you want with it. Unless of course Slashkey intends to start keeping track of every penny we send them here and only spending it how WE tell them to.
Old Apr 21 2016, 02:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsinore View Post
I'm hoping some of the farmers can help me understand the furor over FC gifting being suspended -- now back, but with rule changes. The update mentions bots and fake accounts, so I get that they had to put a stop to that. But I really don't understand why people are champing at the bit to give their money away.

I really don't know how long I've been playing -- it's been awhile -- and I know at times I've spent a lot of money on FC when I could. But I can count on one hand the number of times I've had enough extra that I could give away FC items. And I don't need any hands to count the number of FC items people have sent me, because I don't have friends clamoring to send me stuff. :-D

On the one hand, when a new update comes out, there are so many people who are complaining about how expensive things have gotten. I know not everyone is in that position, but I was surprised at how many people were counting down when they would be able to give away their FC. And now with the update and the new restrictions, they're complaining about how much they have to spend in real money to give away FC? I'm so confused.

If you aren't buying the FC that you're giving away, where is it coming from? If you've maxed out level-wise, you aren't getting much "free" FC anymore. The quests don't add much, either. At a max of 4 FC a week, that's not enough to do anything. When they *do* add new levels, the 25 FC you get isn't enough to buy an FC facility anymore, or do much with expanding farms. And the offers -- well, they're a joke. I tried those early on and never received anything from any of them.

So, I guess what I'm wondering is -- where is this source of this free FC that is so bountiful you can give it away?

I did see mention of groups that have some kind of contests going on. This is the first I've heard of those -- is *this* what all the fuss is about?

Thanks!!!
I have often bought Farm Cash to send gifts to my friends who play the game, Birthdays, Christmas etc because I appreciate their friendship and help in the game and would have no other way of sending them a gift in real life.

And why shouldn't family members be able to send FC gifts to each other to help out when they need too?

There are many people who play games on Facebook and wouldn't dream of spending their real money on a game probably because of the expense or don't feel a "free" game is worth it. But they are restricted in how they play the game and the time it takes. And most of my friends who have bought Farm Cash and spent a fortune probably realise how that money could have been put to better use in real life.

Farm Cash is always being devalued with either the amount we get for our money, terms of inflation or even exchange rates for other countries.

I agree that there is not much for any of us at the top levels anymore. Waiting 3 months for more farm cash and in the meantime having to do Quests so when they do bring out 25FC I can buy something with it!

And this new competition they brought out is a joke. All I can say about that is if those who want to continually fill up their factories and deplete their resources for a "chance" yes a "chance" to get to 1st position to earn 2FC must need their heads testing. It relies too much on others and not just yourself.
Old Apr 21 2016, 07:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
All I can say about that is if those who want to continually fill up their factories and deplete their resources for a "chance" yes a "chance" to get to 1st position to earn 2FC must need their heads testing.
I understand a lot of the complaints going around, but this one baffles me. What are those "resources" for if not to fill your facilities??? The whole point of the game is to create "resources", fill facilities, have friends work those facilities, and then refill them with new "resources". This is how you produce coins in the quantities needed to expand your farms. Playing this game does not detract from this in any way. It is just a small added bonus at the end of the week tacked on to the things you are already doing.
Old Apr 21 2016, 08:01 AM

I totally agree with RozeeS post above. I am a long-time player and in the past have put a heck of a lot of my own UK £££'s into this game. I am now in a position where I cannot afford to do that anymore because of ill health and real-life commitments like a mortgage to pay. Many FT players are in the same position as myself and these new restrictions on sending FC has only caused more unsettlement among players and I am afraid, instead of MAKING people pay out more cash they have not got, it will only cause people to find a new game. I am saddened that I can no longer afford to play this game, the only incentive for me is to earn FC to buy new facs, tools, etc, which now I will no longer be able to keep up.
Old Apr 21 2016, 08:24 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old McMark View Post
I understand a lot of the complaints going around, but this one baffles me. What are those "resources" for if not to fill your facilities??? The whole point of the game is to create "resources", fill facilities, have friends work those facilities, and then refill them with new "resources". This is how you produce coins in the quantities needed to expand your farms. Playing this game does not detract from this in any way. It is just a small added bonus at the end of the week tacked on to the things you are already doing.
The point is that many resources are not that easy to reproduce, especially the ones in FC facilities that require to be loaded into several of the Client Facilities. I have stated on many occasions that some items such as perfume, some of the toys and there are other items are not sufficient to fill all those client facilities they want us to have and the only way is to buy duplicates spending more Farm Cash to get them. I only post my facs once or maybe twice a week and have stopped putting those items except when I have built up a big supply but if I was to load them every time I did my facs they will soon deplete.

And we are limited to how many animals we can have on each farm so constantly added ingredients that use eggs or milk could deplete quite quickly for some people. And what impact will this have on people doing co-op quests when they run out of things to help their neighbours with?

I guess only time will tell down the line in months to come how people are finding this new competition and how their resources are fairing. And many of us cant be on here all day planting and filling our factories all day!
Old Apr 21 2016, 09:10 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
The new FC sending gifts rules update. How will this be monitored since we see gifts we have received but not sent in the Account tab? I have bought 100's of UK pounds of Farm Cash over the years. Does this mean that previous purchases will not count towards sending FC gifts if I reach my limit. Or are we expected to buy FC yearly in order to send gifts to friends? How will this be monitored? When is this new "count" going to start?
Hi RozeeS,
To answer your question on knowing how much you have sent, every item you send you have purchased so there will be an entry for each in your Farm Cash Activity Log.
If you have spent as much as you say you have then you have spent well over the $50 minimum and will have no problem if you want to continue sending the gifts to your neighbors.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.