Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 19 2020, 03:13 AM

Everytime I try to accept a gift on my requests page I get a message 'an error has occurred, please try later, was working fine last night.
Old Feb 19 2020, 04:39 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpeak View Post
Everytime I try to accept a gift on my requests page I get a message 'an error has occurred, please try later, was working fine last night.
Hi Lpeak,

Please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try accepting gifts again.

If that does not correct the problem, please make sure your browser is up to date, and then also check if cookies and pops are still allowed in your browser, as sometimes those settings can be dropped. If you still have a problem after that, try another browser making sure that one is also up to date and has cookies and popups allowed as well.

If you need instructions for allowing cookies and pop ups, we have them for some of the popular browsers here: Flash Player and Cookies/Popup Set up

There are a few browsers that can have issues with the game so if you want to avoid those please see: Browser Issues
Old Feb 19 2020, 08:54 AM

Thanks for all the advice on what to do. Have been through and checked and done everything but its still the same with accepting gifts, still get the error. I use Google Chrome, but tried using ipad and could accept gifts on that, so will have to use that way to accept gifts until it somehow resets and works again.
Old Feb 19 2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice on what to do. Have been through and checked and done everything but its still the same with accepting gifts, still get the error. I use Google Chrome, but tried using ipad and could accept gifts on that, so will have to use that way to accept gifts until it somehow resets and works again.
Hi Lpeak,

Sorry those have not worked for you. Just a thought, have a look and see if you have any extensions added to Chrome that might do something like hide ads for you on Facebook, some of those can cause problems and there may have been an update to one that's caused it. If you do have any, leave the FarmTown Flash Enabler enabled and disable all the rest, close Chrome, then reopen and see if you can send gifts. If you can, to find the problem one, add the extensions you want back one at a time and see which one caused the problem.

If it's not that either, as you like Chrome you might like to try Opera on your computer and see how you get on with that as it's very similar. If you already have another browser on your computer, try uninstalling Chrome and then download it again so you get a new one, it's sounding like something may not be quite right with the one you have. I am using Chrome without any issues.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 19 2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old Feb 20 2020, 08:35 PM

Question What's wrong

I cannot accept gifts on the farm sight or open any of the help requests. Facebook has changed and since it has, I can't do anything on my farm except challenges.
Old Feb 20 2020, 08:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheenah View Post
I cannot accept gifts on the farm sight or open any of the help requests. Facebook has changed and since it has, I can't do anything on my farm except challenges.
Hi Sheenah,
I moved your post to the subject thread about gifts as that is the first thing you mentioned.
Are you trying to accept gifts through the My Request tab? What happens when you try to accept the gifts?

For the help requests try the Show FarmTown Wall Requests to work those.
Information about working the help requests from the timelines with the change Facebook has made is in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645062
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 21 2020, 05:15 AM

Taz, thanks for the advice, have uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled and still the same, get an error when I try to accept a gift, also when I try to accept a train boost from a friend it says expired. Looked into Chrome and it was modified the night before this started with an update, so wondering if thats the problem, so will wait to see if it changed when chrome is updated again, meanwhile will have to accept gifts and train boosts from another browser, have no problems sending gifts though.
Old Feb 21 2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Taz, thanks for the advice, have uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled and still the same, get an error when I try to accept a gift, also when I try to accept a train boost from a friend it says expired. Looked into Chrome and it was modified the night before this started with an update, so wondering if thats the problem, so will wait to see if it changed when chrome is updated again, meanwhile will have to accept gifts and train boosts from another browser, have no problems sending gifts though.
Hi Lpeak,

If you can send in another browser then it still sounding like there is a problem in the browser somewhere rather than the game. I'm using Chrome and not having the issues you are. The version I am using is Version 80.0.3987.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) if you would like to check that against your version.

An expired train boost can be a little difficult to know why that has happened, you don't only get that if the train is expired you can get that if when you clicked it registered as a double click rather than a single click. I am not suggesting that you double clicked it yourself, it's just one of those things that can happen, in those cases you did actually boost the train but as the first click as it were did the boosting the second one it received returns the expired message.

Run memcache again today anyway to be sure nothing is going on in your game data that could be causing a problem.

All you can do with Chrome is recheck the settings again, perhaps remove the cookie and popup permissions, close the browser, reopen and and then add them back in again and see if it made any difference. That might reset them for you.

You haven't mentioned if you checked for any extensions, so if you haven't, do check for them, some users found they had extensions added that they did not recall ever adding.

If none of that works for you then I'm sorry you'll have to use another browser. I hope you find one that works well for you.
Old Feb 24 2020, 09:23 AM

Default Gifts

I have not been able to receive or send gifts for over a week now. When I try to receive a gift I get this message: "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
Thanks for your time.
Old Feb 24 2020, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahound View Post
I have not been able to receive or send gifts for over a week now. When I try to receive a gift I get this message: "An error has occurred. Please try again later."
Thanks for your time.
Hi Mamahound,
I have moved your post to the subject thread about gifts.

Please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try accepting gifts again.

If that does not correct the problem, please make sure your browser is up to date, and then also check if cookies and pops are still allowed in your browser, as sometimes those settings can be dropped. If you still have a problem after that, try another browser making sure that one is also up to date and has cookies and popups allowed as well.

If you need instructions for allowing cookies and pop ups, we have them for some of the popular browsers here: Flash Player and Cookies/Popup Set up

There are a few browsers that can have issues with the game so if you want to avoid those please see: Browser Issues
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows