Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 23 2016, 04:46 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenites View Post
Hi thanks for getting back to me. I don't know about other posts regarding WF4 I just mentioned that as I was not on this server before and wondered if that was t he cause as a couple other people I know said t hey had had issues. Yes I am meeting and seeing them before going to the inn they just disappear before we can actually get there and if i go to the inn sometimes i can see them there too before they disappear but usually it happens before we get there. I have tried different farms and I have cleared memcache as sugggested but this has not helped!
Hi deenites,

All i can suggest is you try the items listed in the following thread for your browser and checking your flash player is up to date. There are some server tests there, near the bottom of the page, you can try to test your connections as well.
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

If they do not help and the server tests come back ok then perhaps it's time to contact support and see if they have any more ideas for you. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Old Jul 24 2016, 06:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Default New and need HELP

Can someone please explain to me how to work on someone else's farm? I was hired for one farm, the crops said they were ready or harvesting, all I had available was the harvesting tool. So I clicked on it, and all of a sudden the harvest was invisible to me. When I clicked on the tool again, the harvest reappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Also, the second time I was hired, I was put in a field of pineapples that said they weren't ready for another 13 hours! How can someone hire you for a harvest that is not ready? I am completely confused on what to do when you get hired, please help me.
Old Jul 24 2016, 07:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy_J View Post
Can someone please explain to me how to work on someone else's farm? I was hired for one farm, the crops said they were ready or harvesting, all I had available was the harvesting tool. So I clicked on it, and all of a sudden the harvest was invisible to me. When I clicked on the tool again, the harvest reappeared. What am I doing wrong?

Also, the second time I was hired, I was put in a field of pineapples that said they weren't ready for another 13 hours! How can someone hire you for a harvest that is not ready? I am completely confused on what to do when you get hired, please help me.
Hi Stormy,
Wlecome to Farm Town. I moved your post to the thread about hiring. I would first suggest that you work your own farms for a bit to get familiar with how the tools and the eye (lower right of farm) works. I would also try getting your neighbors to hire you for some jobs and then they can help you with how the tools work.
In the first case if the crop disappeared then it wasn't ready or you had the wrong tool to harvest it. If the crop disappeared then it wasn't ready, but there may have been something else ready on the farm. You only have to look around and see what is showing.
There is a chapter in the Game Guide that is about hiring. It is written for those hiring, but will give you some information about what to expect. Here is a link to that chapter:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 27 2016, 03:12 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Not using other farmers fuel when hired.

When another farmer hires me in the marketplace and they allow me to use their fuel, why am I using my fuel instead? I have watched to make sure that I am reading the request correctly and it does say I can use their tools and fuel but mine is disappearing.
Old Jul 27 2016, 03:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandy123 View Post
When another farmer hires me in the marketplace and they allow me to use their fuel, why am I using my fuel instead? I have watched to make sure that I am reading the request correctly and it does say I can use their tools and fuel but mine is disappearing.
Hi Kandy,
You can only use their fuel if you are out of fuel. That was designed to help lower level farmers who have no fuel or for others who run out of fuel during working so they can finish the job using the larger tools and not having to return to using the x1 or x2 tools. It was never set up to allow using the employer's fuel exclusive of your own.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 27 2016, 06:46 PM
Account Not Linked

Thank you so much and thanks for the quick response as well.
Old Jul 30 2016, 06:42 AM

Default Hiring and experience points

When working for neighbors (one in particular) I get coins but no experience points. Is that normal? Thanks for the info on the bonus chest I did not know that you didn't get one when your neighbors working for each other. That cleared up half the mystery.
Old Jul 30 2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkisone View Post
When working for neighbors (one in particular) I get coins but no experience points. Is that normal? Thanks for the info on the bonus chest I did not know that you didn't get one when your neighbors working for each other. That cleared up half the mystery.
Hi mikkisone

I moved your post to the thread for Hiring.

Which job do you do for that neighbor?

You have full information about Hiring in our Game Guide in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Jul 30 2016, 07:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to kejusa Send a message via MSN to kejusa

Pressing the 'Aqui' link this is the message I get

"Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

Go back"
Old Jul 30 2016, 07:57 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejusa View Post
Pressing the 'Aqui' link this is the message I get

"Sorry, something went wrong.

We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

Go back"
Hi kejusa

When you click the "AQUI" link in marymarcel's signature, or the "memcache" in my signature, you should get a new browser tab open up with lots of lines of text and numbers starting with "Unsetting ..."

Give that page a little while to finish loading - you won't see all the farm numbers on it, but it does work on all the farms
Then close the memcache tab and and the farm and reload your farm.
It's worth hiding everything before reloading as the game will load slowly the first time after running memcache
I have just tested marymarcel's memcache link and it worked fine for me
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)

Last edited by Taz D; Jul 30 2016 at 12:02 PM.

Tags
bonus, bonus chest, coins, hiring, hiring issues, marketplace, no xp bonuses, show work info, tools missing when hired