Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 01 2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames79 View Post
I am amused at myself... I check my facilities several times each day to see if they have added any of the new items (i.e. maple syrup, etc) and implemented the next wave of the new release. I planted all of the crops that were non-facility before just to be ready, added the Red Mable and Pistachio trees, and have not sold any of the non-ingredient items since a few days before the new release. So I am as prepared as I can be... now just waiting and anticipating the new updates. Just a little funny that I am this way about this silly game... but I am and it is what it is! Thanks for making the game a lot of fun and entertaining.
No def NOT alone!!!!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Aug 01 2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKLAOL View Post
I have 3 charges on Paypal from Facebook which I did not apply for. I am fighting FB. Talked to paypal and it seems FB has it set up that once you buy from them you are agreeing to their contract and you don't have to sign in to paypal ever again. FB just gets your money without you authorizing it. Never had these problems with FARMTOWN. Not sure what facebook is doing but I am going to keep a close eye on this.
I am not a happy camper.
I didn't have any charges made but a concern that there maybe. So I wrote FB and was given the answer that if I do not want to delete and re-add my PayPal account every time I make a purchase then I could buy Facebook gift cards.

This is not acceptable.
Old Aug 01 2011, 04:45 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
Me too - going into hospital in two weeks to have surgery on my right hand - please let me have some fun with the new stuff before I cant do anything! Although I am such an addict I am sure I will learn to use my left hand on the mouse : )
you will....... i did i broke two fingers and had to use my left hand for weeks lol i am good with it too....... although harvesting flowers that was a challenge lol

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 01 2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
I have several merchants that I deal with that have the same thing and no problems. All they get is a code to allow them to complete the transaction without you having to sign in to Paypal. Paypal still sends you a transaction email notice so you know instantly that it has gone through and can dispute it if it is wrong.
Does this system allow you to pay with a credit card through PayPal? They keep the default at deducting the money from your bank account, and you have to actually go to your PayPal account to change it to paying by credit card. If not, I'm not going to use it; we don't keep much money in the bank account that PayPal is linked to.

Good thing a couple of local stores have FB Credits gift cards. I seriously don't trust the combination of FB and PP with my bank accounts.

Last edited by tnbskts; Aug 01 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old Aug 01 2011, 05:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpat View Post
Originally Posted by parrot38
I too have used paypal for years but I do not like the fact that I do not have to sign in when using it on Farmtown to me it means facebook/farmtown must be storing it somewhere and I do NOT like that

I just called Paypal and they walked me through canceling the fact that you do not have to sign in to paypal each time i buy something frm fb/ft I now have to sign in each time. thought you all might like to know this
If you could be so kind as to share this information with everyone on here I think they would be most grateful
Old Aug 01 2011, 06:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbskts View Post
Does this system allow you to pay with a credit card through PayPal? They keep the default at deducting the money from your bank account, and you have to actually go to your PayPal account to change it to paying by credit card. If not, I'm not going to use it; we don't keep much money in the bank account that PayPal is linked to.

Good thing a couple of local stores have FB Credits gift cards. I seriously don't trust the combination of FB and PP with my bank accounts.
I believe you can change your primary payment method in Paypal to a credit card with the bank account as a secondary. As long as it is a confirmed payment method then should go through ok. You might want to put that question to Paypal though. If you can then that would protect your credit card info from FB.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 01 2011, 06:50 PM
Account Not Linked

I see a few games shutting down and discontinuing on facebook. Im assuming this is due to facebook's changes? The mobsters game shut down today over there. The Playdom company's not re-imbursing any real life money spent on the game as none of the others that have shut down will.
You spend real money on a game and the game goes poof - you are SOL and out of luck. you wont get money back, and you wont have a single thing to show for it when it happens..

I know many ppl have spent a ton of money buying a lot of premium game item for various games and lost everything when the game went offline for good, so just be forwarned.
Old Aug 01 2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbussard View Post
I got several replies about the problem with the names of everyone that sends you a gift and wants you to send one back or visit them on the bottom of the farmtown screen making it hard to see you whole farm screen.n Can't find anyone that has answered this problem and how to hide or get rid of it.
Not sure what you mean but just a suggestion, right click on your farm and click on "show all". This may make your visibility better. Good luck!

You can't hide who has sent you gifts etc. I personally like this notification area, as it reminds me to help those that have helped me.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Aug 01 2011, 07:45 PM

I think we're about to get the products!!!!!!!! Raul's online!!!!!!!!!!

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?...0&fb_bmpos=4_0
Old Aug 01 2011, 07:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumballs678 View Post
I think we're about to get the products!!!!!!!! Raul's online!!!!!!!!!!
Shhhh.....don't scare him off....
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread