Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarlfarms View Post
thank you angel7 !!

a big amen....
Old Jun 11 2012, 01:48 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel7 View Post
I have to speak my mind here. The complaints on the train are getting out of hand. Yes, it's not what we expected, but this game is a work in progress and the start of the freight trains should be small so they can work out ALL bugs before they add to it and make it beneficial to higher end players. I would rather they do it this way than having massive problems for everybody all at once. I see this as a tool for lower end players at the moment and maybe someday it will work for the rest of us. There is nothing wrong with this and everybody should quit complaining. I so appreciate everything that the developers do to this game with each and every update, even if what they produce is not something that I'm going to spend my real money on. Fact is, if I were a developer and hearing all these complaints about my hard work, I would think twice about doing anything else. And while I'm on my rant, maybe it would just be a fantastic idea if they never ever told us anything that may or may not be coming in the future so everybody will quit with the negative comments when it doesn't happen on schedule. It's like having a baby - it will be ready when it is ready and not a moment earlier. There is enough in this game to keep lots of people happy doing lots of things and if this game is irritating you to that degree, maybe you should not be playing. OK, I've ranted enough - I'm off to quietly and contently play farm town - God bless all of you, especially the developers who do work hard trying to keep alot of people happy.

A GIGANTIC AMEN AMEN..AMEN!!!!!!!
Old Jun 11 2012, 01:57 PM

[quote=Angel7;5187134]I have to speak my mind here.

Well said ............... ........................

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 11 2012, 01:58 PM
Account Not Linked

Smile

I agree, AMEN angel.
I think thou, we cant put down the people complaining though just cuz that's the whole point of this thread is to talk about what you like and didn't like on the new release. But very much on the other hand we need to understand the old saying "you cant please everyone" and although there's many that don't like the train there's definitely some that do. Me, Im on the list that don't find the train useful but I know many others do so I just don't spend my cash on it and wish the ones that do like it, to enjoy Thats all there is too it.
Happy Farming

PS: Angel the part of NOT letting us know when new stuff is coming, is an AWESOME AWESOME idea cuz i know i for one got in trouble in here for speaking my mind out of frustration for things being said were coming out and werent yet. Never been frustrated with this game until then....lol
Old Jun 11 2012, 02:05 PM

This last release has been a strange one for sure.. Ill patiently wait for my facs, still stocking up on the new lemon grass and belts for that and the cashews, Im holding my judgement on the Trains for now until we see them fully rolled out, I believe there is more to come with those for sure.. at least we have been given the chance to build up our train collection bit by bit, rather than get slugged for the whole set up in the future and everyone complaining about how much FC it cost...

My only hopes for future goodies are small - I dont want this to turn into a one click wonder game, im happy with harvesting.plowing planting set up, but I would like a couple of improvements - the facilties manager is lacking in two major departments - a one click for animal harvests, and more detrimentally, a work all function for each farm on neighbours work requsts - I would love to work my neighbours facs again, but I just cant because of the sheer bulk of them...

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Jun 11 2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
- the facilties manager is lacking in two major departments - a one click for animal harvests, and more detrimentally, a work all function for each farm on neighbours work requsts - I would love to work my neighbours facs again, but I just cant because of the sheer bulk of them...
This is an excellent point. Many of my neighbors don't work my facilities and I often wonder if they are overwhelmed. I visited their farms out of curiosity to see if they were still farming and they are! They harvest, plant etc but only post their facilities once or twice a month and never work mine.
Old Jun 11 2012, 02:51 PM

With you, Dave, on the shelling out aspect. Choice is nice. Restricted access is discouraging.
Old Jun 11 2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Belle View Post
Well said Angel, I was one that complained at first, but I am liking the idea of the trains and the future of FT. I remember when we started and had a little bitty farm and no big tools to work with, we have come a long way and the devs are wonderful at listening and doing things for us. There may be some that started later when the game was enhanced and it is a breeze to do things now. Don't blame the developers, they do all they have to do and give it to us without bugs and problems, I rather wait and have it this way. We are the ones that sometimes get out of hand with our requests and complains.

IMHO I amazed that they don't loose their cool and come out and say "hey people, we are doing the best we can to give you what you want, so let us do our job".

I think its wonderful that with all the grumbling and madness in here they still work to try to please us even when we disagree of a release product.

Thank you, thank you, for all you guys devs, mods and everybody involved in the game you are the best of the game world in Facebook.

And got my lemongrass and trees planted already, so c'mon with the facs. LOL
Let's remember, we are paying money to play this game, and the developers are not doing all this for free. If the moderators themselves did not state that feedback, both positive and negative, is welcome, then I would perhaps understand where you claim the right to order us to all play nice and grateful, regardless of what possible *fixes* some of see would be useful. We know when our animal sheds are ready...how? By hovering and reading "ready to harvest in......". To say that making the train nearly invisible is the only way we can know the goods have been transported is really insulting our intelligence, and the intelligence of the developing team. If hovering over an animal shed, a tree, a crop, a flower can all tell us when these are ready, then I for one do wonder why this could not be done with the train.

And, for what it is worth, I think I have done my part in thanking the developers for each and every update : I spend real money to buy the new things. And as a paying customer, you bet I have the right to voice disappointment, or "complain" as you put it. I think the developers have enough "Yes" men/women singing their praises, that those who truly see room for improvement are not going to cause them undue stress or hurt feelings. No one is perfect at everything they do in their job, and I personally could not find a thread or post where players posted en masse that they needed more of the goods that the train takes 7 days to bring us.
Old Jun 11 2012, 03:24 PM
Account Not Linked

Thanks for letting us know about new items and approximately when to expect them. I am holding off on the freight train, until I see how it develops. Most of the items in these first cars are being produced in sufficient quantity by my facilities, but new cars may have just what I need. In the meantime, I'm growing a little lemongrass to stockpile in the event I buy the Thai Restaurant. It is fun guessing what might be in the new facilities so the advanced notice is great for me. I also appreciate advanced notice of the release of a new farm, which allows me to plan expansions and budget for the new farm.

Last edited by Texas Star; Jun 11 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old Jun 11 2012, 03:24 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
This is an excellent point. Many of my neighbors don't work my facilities and I often wonder if they are overwhelmed. I visited their farms out of curiosity to see if they were still farming and they are! They harvest, plant etc but only post their facilities once or twice a month and never work mine.

I feel bad that I don't work many of my neighbor's work posts .. but my hand just can't handle all those clicks .. I have neighbors that have factories on EVERY farm and lots of multiples ...

I would love a 'Master Factory' option when we go to work our neighbors posts to do ... at least All factories on that 1 farm if not all active factories period ..

This help with working neighbors Help Wanted posts is being asked by a LOT of players ... We know we will have to pay for it but it would put more people back to playing the game I believe ... I could load my factories more fully if I could work more neighbor's easily ...

Please come up with a quicker easier way for us to go work our neighbors postings ...

I'm not all that happy with the new train either ,, I bought them all but wish I had waited ... I don't need any of the stuff the boxcars bring because I have built up a storage of raw and basic goods and I just don't work my factories that intensely .... Wish we had a return policy too

But I do LOVE this game ..
Closed Thread