Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Aug 14 2012, 01:38 PM

Yeah i got this message too..

I even fell for the *******tool scam about 12 months ago.... I cant beleive that it hasnt been shut down or reported to paypal...

Obsessive compulsive farming disorder: it is no joke!!!!!

Level 385- with 16th Farm and all size upgrades - farming since June '09

Are We there Yet???

WISH LIST: - TO HIRE SOMEONE TO PLANT MY FIELDS - from a pre selected list of seeds for each farm!!!

Old Aug 14 2012, 01:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornyroo View Post
Yeah i got this message too..

I even fell for the *******tool scam about 12 months ago.... I cant beleive that it hasnt been shut down or reported to paypal...
Unless you can click on the avatar there is no way to report them, you can't just say that barb sent me the message ban her, they need the ID number. They are smart enough just to send the message and then log off. Now if you want to sit in the market place 24 hours a day and wait for the person to show up so that you can click on their avatar then they could be reported.
Old Aug 14 2012, 02:32 PM

i know this is the wrong spot but i could not find my idea does not have a thread one anywhere. i have a idea how about we have numbers for the factories we have to keep track of the amount available so we know witch ones we do not have.
Old Aug 14 2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitt1962 View Post
I am not saying its right, it would be better if they didn't or if they could find a way to stop it, but servocrow wasn't sure how they got the messages and I just said that is probably how. The ones that spam farmers on here probably go to other games and do it to their games also.
Sorry Kit..I wasn't implying you thought spamming was right....sorry if it came over that way. I was just trying to say how frustrating it is, that people who have their Farm linked on here are open to spam xx

I am not a forum Moderator, but happy to assist when I can

Toffee Farm

Old Aug 14 2012, 04:15 PM

Hi, the developers are aware of the problem with the spamming for the e.farmer tool and that people are getting messages now as well. There is no way of telling how they are sending the messages, I have received one as well and my farm is not linked on the forum. Hopefully the developers will be about to sort this out soon.

As this thread is about the New Release any further discussion on the topic in this thread will be removed .

Last edited by Molly Mew; Aug 14 2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old Aug 14 2012, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_river View Post
i know this is the wrong spot but i could not find my idea does not have a thread one anywhere. i have a idea how about we have numbers for the factories we have to keep track of the amount available so we know witch ones we do not have.
That thread would be in the Suggestions section on the only page of threads.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 14 2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
That thread would be in the Suggestions section on the only page of threads.
thank you taz
Old Aug 14 2012, 10:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, the developers are aware of the problem with the spamming for the e.farmer tool and that people are getting messages now as well. There is no way of telling how they are sending the messages, I have received one as well and my farm is not linked on the forum. Hopefully the developers will be about to sort this out soon.

As this thread is about the New Release any further discussion on the topic in this thread will be removed .
I can tell you exactly how they get your FT I.D. and are able to send these messages to people on such a large scale.It is a security problem that the devs really need to address and one for which I have written to FB about numerous times.*** HINT *** Gift Links..thank your unscrupulous neighbors for providing a link to your farm by posting your gifts you send to them on multiple sites.And to think all they would have to do is make the links expire after each use....oh wait..I said that a dozen times,and always had my post deleted.
Old Aug 15 2012, 03:24 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just took a job in the market and my shockwave crashed. I was on W10

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Aug 15 2012, 08:14 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Thanks for the updates. Makes the game run smoother for me!!! Thanks to every one and RAUL!!!
Closed Thread