Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jun 28 2015, 10:51 AM

Default Afraid to Farm for others

Even though I've been playing a very long time, I do not go to the Market to get hired to farm for others. I took a VERY long break a couple of years back because of the way I was treated by someone who had hired me to farm for them.

I never had a problem "sharing" with others. There's plenty for everyone. I never begged for someone to hire me. I just said "hello" to everyone who entered the room. I tried to be polite. I expected the same from the people who hired me.

So, one day, I was hired to work a farm, and I was told that I was "stupid, slow, useless," and that I shouldn't bother working for others ever again.
I stopped playing FarmTown for two years. I have never farmed for anyone again. I'm so afraid that I will be ridiculed that I just do my own thing every day.

Please try to treat others as you would like to be treated. It's called The Golden Rule.
Old Jun 28 2015, 05:44 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamme View Post
Even though I've been playing a very long time, I do not go to the Market to get hired to farm for others. I took a VERY long break a couple of years back because of the way I was treated by someone who had hired me to farm for them.

I never had a problem "sharing" with others. There's plenty for everyone. I never begged for someone to hire me. I just said "hello" to everyone who entered the room. I tried to be polite. I expected the same from the people who hired me.

So, one day, I was hired to work a farm, and I was told that I was "stupid, slow, useless," and that I shouldn't bother working for others ever again.
I stopped playing FarmTown for two years. I have never farmed for anyone again. I'm so afraid that I will be ridiculed that I just do my own thing every day.

Please try to treat others as you would like to be treated. It's called The Golden Rule.
So sorry this happened to you. I know it's not easy to let the nasty stuff roll off your back. I go to the market to hire only. I did used to go there to get work when I needed to level up. I met some nice people and some not so nice. It took me a while to learn to just let it go when someone treated me badly. I'm glad you came back to the game and I hope you will stay and enjoy yourself.
Old Jun 28 2015, 06:21 PM

regarding firing people..sometimes the employee might be slow but that could be due to their computer. I find when I am harvest trees and flowers and chopping trees it takes me longer than when I am harvesting and low especially if the trees and flowers are not nicely lined up.

when I am hiring people I tend to try and hire lower level people when I need crops to be harvested as it means they can level up and I try to hire only person
Old Jun 28 2015, 06:56 PM

People never take verbal abuse from someone who hired you just click on them and report them.. This practice is not allowed in FarmTown at all.. I know it is not their wish for you to be treated with anything but respect... The hiring market was meant for farmers to work for others but it does not mean because you do not have proper tools, or a slower computer that you are to be abused.. Never ever let them run you off the game.. The games is for everyone... Hopefully the developers can do something with these situations that are happening they have made giant steps with the new Super Neighbor.. Hopefully this will make getting those Xps that are needed somewhat easier...
Old Jun 28 2015, 10:33 PM

My question is this I know what the Super Hire is, what are you going to do about the greedy gretchens that are going from farmer to farmer snatching all the crops, but leaving part of the trees and flowers undone... This has to be addressed somehow., next month they will be able to plant and the problem will worsen... Do something fast...
Old Jun 29 2015, 08:30 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Cowan View Post
My question is this I know what the Super Hire is, what are you going to do about the greedy gretchens that are going from farmer to farmer snatching all the crops, but leaving part of the trees and flowers undone... This has to be addressed somehow., next month they will be able to plant and the problem will worsen... Do something fast...
Hi Judy,

There is no Super Hire, only Super Neighbours that can work on a neighbours farm and they will only be able to plant if they are given permissions to do so. No-one hired from market will be able to plant.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 29 2015, 01:05 PM

okay lets repeat this I know what Super Neighbor is but we have people running around grabbing crops but not doing trees, flowers or water because none of those are attractive enough... Is this going to be addressed?? Its also a big problem if you hire they do only crops and take off because trees, flowers and water are not attracted... you only get money no XPs
Old Jun 29 2015, 01:37 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy Cowan View Post
okay lets repeat this I know what Super Neighbor is but we have people running around grabbing crops but not doing trees, flowers or water because none of those are attractive enough... Is this going to be addressed?? Its also a big problem if you hire they do only crops and take off because trees, flowers and water are not attracted... you only get money no XPs
Hi,

There is no way to make anyone do a job that they don't want to do. If it's a stranger working for you they will lose the bonus chest.

If you would like to make a suggestion on this please do so in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will see it.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Jun 29 2015, 02:39 PM

Since coming back after a longish layoff I'm trying to get used to the new features (most of which are brilliant!) but there's something I don't understand about the upgraded hiring feature. In the explanation of hiring in the forum, it says that you always use your own fuel when you're hired to work for someone else, but I noticed that when I'm hired it often tells me the person hiring me will let me use their fuel and tools.

I've been able to use their tools, no problem, but I always seem to be using my fuel regardless of whether the person hiring me has said I can use theirs or not. So is this just a feature for people being hired who don't have fuel of their own, or am I missing something?
Old Jun 29 2015, 03:34 PM

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm having a bit of trouble posting links on my wall. I know this is a FB thing, not a Farm Town thing, but I was wondering if there's a remedy.

I have my friends sorted into groups for the different games I play, so that when I post a link I'm only posting to people who are interested in that link and not all the people who play other games or don't play any. Trouble is, I can't get the Farm Town group to display. The two options showing are the groups for two other games, and even when I expand out the list of groups it doesn't show them all, and Farm Town is one of the groups that doesn't show.

So I can't post for help with facilities or to share bonuses or whatever without posting to all my friends, which I'm not about to do.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fully expand this group dropdown menu? Because I sure can't find one.