Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 30 2015, 04:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsully View Post
hurried to check to see if my facility manager was back to normal - but no - not mine!!! And thank you for removing the red lines but now mine are white!! What I have to go thru to harvest and plant certain fields is crazy!! Not worth playing the game. Please go back to yesterday!!!!!!!!!!
Hi dcsully,
They just did go back to yesterday about 30 minutes ago:

Post-Release Updates - October 30th, 5:00PM

- Due to all the issues with the current release we are reverting back to the previous release so we can have more time to fix all the bugs players have found so far, we estimate all the known bugs should be fixed by monday or tuesday next week.

We will also bring back the red lines, however realize this makes operations like dragging, working on a farm and the game in general very slow, specially if there are too many red lines on the screen. This is why we released a few months ago the "Grass with Guidelines" in the Paths category, which is just a grass with the red lines but do not slow down the game, although we understand this is not accessible to all players because it is a farm cash item that you need to purchase once (35FC) and then apply as many times as you like to the rest of the farms.

Please restart your farms to see if things are not back to what was working yesterday.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 30 2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellgirlmtl View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU... Raul & Devs you ROCK!!!...

The Red Squares/lines are back and I can now chop/harvest what was behind an item...
Note: As far as I can see these red lines do not slow down my farms, but that is just in my case... I personally prefer having these red squares/lines for planting and transplanting trees & flowers... I do have the "Grass With Guidelines" but I find that is more helpful for deciphering the center of the farm, placing an item (example a fence) directly opposite to each other, etc...

Facility Manage back to my original Customized Settings...

And it looks like hidden objects are staying hidden...

I'm a Happy Farmerette again!!!...

P.S. Haven't checked the harvest/plow/plant problem yet...
I just harvested/chopped trees and harvested/plowed crops on 3 farms in 30 minutes whereas earlier today before the return of the red lines and the hidden object problem, it took me almost 2 hrs to do 2 quest farms... BIG BIG, HUGE difference... THANK YOU once again!!!...

Farming since February 7, 2009
Level 1200+
Farms 1-39 @46x46
Farm 40 @50x50
Farms 41 @42x42 & 42 @36x36

SHELL VALLEY Properties
Old Oct 30 2015, 05:57 PM

What an adventure today was. I could tell the devs are working hard to fix everything. Never knew what I was going to get. The last 6 or 7 farms worked perfectly. Still have lines, but looks like things are getting back to normal - whatever that is.

I've been playing this game since the beginning. New players have no idea what all the long-timers have been through and what all the devs have fixed. It's an awesome game. Have a little faith that things will return to how they're supposed to be soon.

Debugging is one of the hardest things devs do in any application. You fix one and another 5 pop up. Keep going guys. We're with you!!

In the meantime, look at the game as an adventure in problem solving. I've learned many things since this new release that I wouldn't know if not for the problems.
Old Oct 30 2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi dcsully,

- Due to all the issues with the current release we are reverting back to the previous release so we can have more time to fix all the bugs players have found so far, we estimate all the known bugs should be fixed by monday or tuesday next week.

We will also bring back the red lines, however realize this makes operations like dragging, working on a farm and the game in general very slow, specially if there are too many red lines on the screen. This is why we released a few months ago the "Grass with Guidelines" in the Paths category, which is just a grass with the red lines but do not slow down the game, although we understand this is not accessible to all players because it is a farm cash item that you need to purchase once (35FC) and then apply as many times as you like to the rest of the farms.

Please restart your farms to see if things are not back to what was working yesterday.
YEAH!!!!!!!! tytytytytytytytyty
Old Oct 30 2015, 08:36 PM

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Last edited by Snookie Sue; Oct 31 2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old Oct 30 2015, 08:43 PM

First and foremost ,I would like to give a big SHOUT OUT to Raul and his team for working to clean up someone elses mess!! The glitches were created by flashes update and creating a ton of work arounds for Raul and his team who are the heros in this trying to fix our game...
Now I would like to ask a favor, Please release the soldiers, and other decorations for us to honor our service men and women this Veterans Day... I know that a lot of us would like to have them to decorate our farms in their honor especially for those who like my husband have served and is a Vietnam Vet.
Now I realize Raul, this is a lot to ask.. but if you would get the developers to make little avatars of you and your team , I would be very proud to make them a part of my farm.... Thank you Very Much for all of your hard work & HAPPY FARMING !!!
Old Oct 31 2015, 02:02 AM

Thank you to Raul and everyone else for their involvement in the fix!! Much appreciated!!
Old Oct 31 2015, 03:10 AM

Just wanted to add my 2 cents ..... the Developers are working on fixing all of these issues, and I just want to say "Thank You!" to them ! Sure, things are a little wonky now, but they ALWAYS fix them .... and we really do have to appreciate the fact that they actually LISTEN to the players ... There is NO other game that does this ..... Granted, it is very frustrating when the game is not running correctly ... but if everyone can just take a moment to think about it .... it's really not often at all that we have problems - and when we DO ... the developers are on top of it. This latest mess is NOT on Farm Town nor Slashkey, but because of freakin' Flash ....... yet it's the Developers of Farm Town that are putting up with all the complaints and trying to find a work-around for the mess ....

Let's all just take a second, think about it, then tell Slashkey "THANK YOU" for listening to us!
Old Oct 31 2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen.of.Clutter View Post
Just wanted to add my 2 cents ..... the Developers are working on fixing all of these issues, and I just want to say "Thank You!" to them ! Sure, things are a little wonky now, but they ALWAYS fix them .... and we really do have to appreciate the fact that they actually LISTEN to the players ... There is NO other game that does this ..... Granted, it is very frustrating when the game is not running correctly ... but if everyone can just take a moment to think about it .... it's really not often at all that we have problems - and when we DO ... the developers are on top of it. This latest mess is NOT on Farm Town nor Slashkey, but because of freakin' Flash ....... yet it's the Developers of Farm Town that are putting up with all the complaints and trying to find a work-around for the mess ....

Let's all just take a second, think about it, then tell Slashkey "THANK YOU" for listening to us!
I am with you - I wholeheartedly second this - - Thank you Slashkey

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Oct 31 2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi dcsully,

Would it be possible at some point to have a check box to turn the red lines on and off?
Closed Thread