Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 09 2020, 07:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
being unable to accept and send gifts in Chrome started a few minutes ago for me.. chrome was updated 2 days ago... however, Firefox works fine... I sent a picture and complaint off to chrome help page, not going to hold my breath, but hope they fix the problem soon...
Hi Aussie Rae,
Though this is a Chrome problem and not effecting the other browsers you still might want to try the suggestions in the following link as some have been able to get their's to work after doing those:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 09 2020 at 07:51 PM.
Old Mar 09 2020, 08:04 PM

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome, cookies and pop ups are allowed. There is no change in my ability to accept gifts. Checked the extensions as well, and FarmTown flash enabler is the only extension installed. I am still getting the error.
Old Mar 09 2020, 08:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavieLover View Post
Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled google chrome, cookies and pop ups are allowed. There is no change in my ability to accept gifts. Checked the extensions as well, and FarmTown flash enabler is the only extension installed. I am still getting the error.
HI Cavielover,
Did you set the cookies and pop ups allowed for Firefox to see if you could accept them through there?

The only thing I can suggest for your Chrome is to uninstall it again making sure to also remove the settings. That is an option when you uninstall it and then reinstall again. Be sure you download it from the link listed in the thread I sent you to.

If that doesn't work hopefully setting up Firefox correct will allow you to get your gifts through that browser. We do not know specifically why some are having trouble with Chrome and accepting gifts, but it is a Chrome problem as it is not effecting any other browser.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 09 2020, 09:33 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Aussie Rae,
Though this is a Chrome problem and not effecting the other browsers you still might want to try the suggestions in the following link as some have been able to get their's to work after doing those:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645442
well I uninstalled Chrome but was unable to re install it... tried multiple times... so now I am stuck using Firefox on my laptop.... darn it
Old Mar 09 2020, 09:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
well I uninstalled Chrome but was unable to re install it... tried multiple times... so now I am stuck using Firefox on my laptop.... darn it
Hi Aussie Rae,
What happens when you try to install Chrome? Did you restart your computer after uninstalling it?
Old Mar 09 2020, 09:46 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Hi Aussie Rae,
What happens when you try to install Chrome? Did you restart your computer after uninstalling it?
it was supposed to open automatically but nothing.... when I clicked on the shortcut.. nothing... didn't restart the computer as I have never had to do that before.. will try again and do a restart to see if it works, lol
Old Mar 09 2020, 09:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
it was supposed to open automatically but nothing.... when I clicked on the shortcut.. nothing... didn't restart the computer as I have never had to do that before.. will try again and do a restart to see if it works, lol
Hi Aussie Rae,

Also save the download file rather than starting it automatically.
Old Mar 09 2020, 10:02 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Hi Aussie Rae,

Also save the download file rather than starting it automatically.
I now have Chrome again... did the download from the link provided by slaskkey and then restarted the computer, PHEW!! thanks for that info Taz, chrome is the best for farmtown and so glad its now back on my laptop!! oh, and just tested and was able to accept and send gifts again, YIPEEE!!
Old Mar 09 2020, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I now have Chrome again... did the download from the link provided by slaskkey and then restarted the computer, PHEW!! thanks for that info Taz, chrome is the best for farmtown and so glad its now back on my laptop!!
Hi Aussie Rae,
Sounds like good news. Hope it is working for gifts too. Make sure you have the cookies and pop ups allowed as that may have changed with the reinstall.
Instructions are in this link if you need it:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
Old Mar 09 2020, 10:09 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Hi Aussie Rae,
Sounds like good news. Hope it is working for gifts too. Make sure you have the cookies and pop ups allowed as that may have changed with the reinstall.
Instructions are in this link if you need it:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=625118
alls good Taz, able to accept and send gifts, but now have another problem which is that once I close the browser I have to allow the chrome to make changes to my computer before it will open again... ARRRGGGGG

Last edited by Taz D; Mar 09 2020 at 10:48 PM.

Tags
can't accept gifts, can't exchange, can't receive gifts, can't send gifts, exchange gifts, gift, gift box, gift errors, gifts, gifts not showing up, how many gifts, not able to receive gifts, receive gifts, receiving gifts, returning gifts, send gifts, sending gifts, shrinking window, stuck gifts, unable to receive gifts, window narrows