Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 14 2011, 12:59 AM

Default Quests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
Actually next update will bring us farm 11. Then one day it will be farm 12 and so on. That will enable us to produce more and to recieve more xp. But that`s it. Would be nice if some little quest would be implemented in the game and when fulfilling the quest you recieve something unique which you cannot buy and recieve as gift. This games get boring without any change. So far, all we do is seeding, harvesting and put things in our facilities or selling services and that`s all. Come on devellopers the facilities were once a good and new idea. Please bring up a newer idea. Little quests with a bonus afterwards would change the odd daily farming. I mean the 1001 new factory is nothing new...
Well then you would be happy to go play a zynga game then where you will have to depend on your neighbors for your success or demise. I for one will not play anymore if that were the case. I've worked too hard and spent hundreds of dollars on my game..all on my own the way the developers intended. As it is our neighbors can help in our facilities and with bonuses and send ingredients. That is all fine because our success or demise doesn't count on our neighbors...it depends on us only so NO QUESTS. That's the reason i play no Zynga games anymore. Slashkey rocks the house!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...4233&farm_ix=0

The wave rolls in and rolls back out. Stand strong.
Old Aug 14 2011, 01:40 AM

Can we have the option of seeing what percent items are at or have items such as trees highlighted or something. Seeing PEA or COC for Peach tree and Cocoa tree is really not what I like to see. I can't tell how many fish are left half the time. I can't tell when the trees need picked. I could care less what trees they are I would rather now at a glace what the percent of harvest the item is or how many fish are left in my pond then to know what the items are. Also I don't need reminded 2 Million times over and over that I can't see my decorations.
Old Aug 14 2011, 01:46 AM

I agree with others , NO QUESTS, I don't want my ability to play Farmtown impaired because Neighbors don't send stuff, and I refuse to beg for items. I don't use the request ingreadiants feature we have now for that reason. Bonus feature is fine you can take it or leave it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fritz
Old Aug 14 2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
I agree with others , NO QUESTS, I don't want my ability to play Farmtown impaired because Neighbors don't send stuff, and I refuse to beg for items. I don't use the request ingreadiants feature we have now for that reason. Bonus feature is fine you can take it or leave it. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fritz
Totally agree with the quest junk. So sick of playing games with those. One reason I stopped playing other farm games. It's a farm game not a Building game and begging gets old real fast. When you go to quest is when I stop playing just like I did to the other Farm game.
Old Aug 14 2011, 02:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags-Z View Post
Can we have the option of seeing what percent items are at or have items such as trees highlighted or something. Seeing PEA or COC for Peach tree and Cocoa tree is really not what I like to see. I can't tell how many fish are left half the time. I can't tell when the trees need picked. I could care less what trees they are I would rather now at a glace what the percent of harvest the item is or how many fish are left in my pond then to know what the items are. Also I don't need reminded 2 Million times over and over that I can't see my decorations.
This problem doesn't have anything to do with Farm Town. It was a new Adobe Flash release this week that has caused the problem with the text.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 14 2011, 05:46 AM

To be able to make decent farms again like I used to have I need at least 5 more farms. As I read with the current farms we can only add a certain amount of facilities. In the end what I did so my farms 1 thru 9 look reasonable I just put all my facilities on farm 10. It looks like a DUMP I hate it. I would love to have 3 farms (which might not be called farms) but Towns - Commercial Centres and Industrial Centers where you can plant your Restaurants in the Town (farm) the Facilities that produce revenue (shops etc) in the Commercial Centres and then the Facilities like shoe factory etc etc in the Industrial Center. On these Centers I would suggest no crops would be able to grow only flowers and trees to make it look nice and there could be roads traced before hand so that we can line our facilities according to a road map plan. Then we could use our Farms for farming and not have to clutter them with facilities. Now my facilities are so close to one another they look like dumps. I am ashamed of my number 10 farm which is a real dump.
So please Farm Town Developers think about this idea.
Regards
A long time farmer since 2009
Old Aug 14 2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan De Pla View Post
To be able to make decent farms again like I used to have I need at least 5 more farms. As I read with the current farms we can only add a certain amount of facilities. In the end what I did so my farms 1 thru 9 look reasonable I just put all my facilities on farm 10. It looks like a DUMP I hate it. I would love to have 3 farms (which might not be called farms) but Towns - Commercial Centres and Industrial Centers where you can plant your Restaurants in the Town (farm) the Facilities that produce revenue (shops etc) in the Commercial Centres and then the Facilities like shoe factory etc etc in the Industrial Center. On these Centers I would suggest no crops would be able to grow only flowers and trees to make it look nice and there could be roads traced before hand so that we can line our facilities according to a road map plan. Then we could use our Farms for farming and not have to clutter them with facilities. Now my facilities are so close to one another they look like dumps. I am ashamed of my number 10 farm which is a real dump.
Regards
Just my opinion, but I kinda like the idea, Just don't have the streets already drawn. that would be too much 'government'.
I do get kinda tired of the game loading when I am working someone else's farm, I have to go to many farms to work all the facilities, so having the Industrial Centers would help.

With factories, we cannot have more than one on each farm. If we could have multiples on each farm, then all of our factories could be on one farm [or two], so we wouldn't have to go to many, and take the time loading up, and figuring out which farm the 'work' is on.

Having farmland around the 'Industrial Centers' would not be bad, but would there be enough room for it. And these could be planted in flowers, [we can plant sunflowers and lavender] if one wanted, so please don't 'outlaw' the planted fields.

Too many 'rules' spoil any game.

Maybe having one 'Indusrtial Park' for each 5 farms wouldn't be bad. Say when we bought our 5th farm, then the 'industrial' park was a 'bonus' that comes with it. then the 10th farm comes with another farm 'bonus', and so on.
Maybe, before the 5th farm, then factories could be placed anywhere.

Last edited by Ellen Betty Nelson; Aug 14 2011 at 06:44 AM.
Old Aug 14 2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags-Z View Post
this is a temporary glitch with flash player its not the fault of ft you van go to the adobe website and download the flashplayer 11 beta and it almost fixes it.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Old Aug 14 2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan De Pla View Post
Regards
I have my facilites sorted into different farms spread over 7 different farms and still have plenty of room in all of them for crops. I am waiting now for farm 11 as I will use this purely for flowers
Old Aug 14 2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
Actually next update will bring us farm 11. Then one day it will be farm 12 and so on. That will enable us to produce more and to recieve more xp. But that`s it. Would be nice if some little quest would be implemented in the game and when fulfilling the quest you recieve something unique which you cannot buy and recieve as gift. This games get boring without any change. So far, all we do is seeding, harvesting and put things in our facilities or selling services and that`s all. Come on devellopers the facilities were once a good and new idea. Please bring up a newer idea. Little quests with a bonus afterwards would change the odd daily farming. I mean the 1001 new factory is nothing new...
NO Quests!!!!!

thats what farmville is for and that was blocked about 2 years ago so unrealistic it was stupid multi coloured cows etc if i ever see a multi coloured cow on my farm it will be off to Mcdonalds quick smart.

Click HERE For instructions on clearing your browser's cache
Click HERE To clear your macromedia cache files
Click HERE For instructions on linking your farm to the forum
Closed Thread