Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Nov 03 2017, 11:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1323 View Post
Chrome just added an update that makes Taz's explanation for fixing Flash problems out of date. It no longer gives the option of allowing flash for the site. It just says block flash or ask before using flash. The only other way I can see around this is to add a site to allowed use of flash. What URL would I add and how would I do this? Will this work for all parts of the game?
Hi David,
Have you tried this part of the instructions for the newer Chrome updates?
For Chrome Versions 59.0.3071.86 and above, follow these instructions:

There are 2 sets of instructions, try this first, if you can't get this to work scroll down to "Alternative Instructions"

1. Look for an icon in the far left of your browser address bar . Click on that icon.

2. A window will open. Scroll down to "Flash" and look to the right of it. It should say "Allow". If it says anything other than "Allow" click on it and it will bring up flash player settings.

You need to change the setting to either "Use global defualt (Allow)" OR "Always allow on this site".

3. Your game should now load.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 03 2017, 11:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi David,
Have you tried this part of the instructions for the newer Chrome updates?
For Chrome Versions 59.0.3071.86 and above, follow these instructions:

There are 2 sets of instructions, try this first, if you can't get this to work scroll down to "Alternative Instructions"

1. Look for an icon in the far left of your browser address bar . Click on that icon.

2. A window will open. Scroll down to "Flash" and look to the right of it. It should say "Allow". If it says anything other than "Allow" click on it and it will bring up flash player settings.

You need to change the setting to either "Use global defualt (Allow)" OR "Always allow on this site".

3. Your game should now load.
The version is now updated from 61 to 62.0.3202.75. As I wrote the screen shot shown on this example is no longer what is on the settings. It no longer gives the option for using this site. It only allows total blocking of flash or allowing flash after asking. There is no other alternative listed after the newer versions in this screen shot listed in the posting you posted earlier this year. What do I do?
Old Nov 03 2017, 11:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The version is now updated from 61 to 62.0.3202.75. As I wrote the screen shot shown on this example is no longer what is on the settings. It no longer gives the option for using this site. It only allows total blocking of flash or allowing flash after asking. There is no other alternative listed after the newer versions in this screen shot listed in the posting you posted earlier this year. What do I do?
Hi david,
I just updated my Chrome to versions 62.0.3202.75 and I still have all 3 options as shown in the picture. I am not sure why you are not getting the other option and I don't have any additional information for you about it.

I can only suggest you check the Chrome Help site and see if there is something that they can offer. Until you can get it fixed I suggest using the Ask default setting as you certainly do not want to block the site.

EDIT: Try the Alternate method. Leave it set to Ask first. Below that find Allow and click on Add to the right side. Then add the following site https://apps.facebook.com:443. You might want to also add https://www.facebook.com:443 if you want to be able to use Flash on the Facebook newsfeed.

Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Nov 04 2017 at 12:25 AM.
Old Nov 04 2017, 12:16 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Chrome Problem Fixed

Quote:
Hi david,
I just updated my Chrome to versions 62.0.3202.75 and I still have all 3 options as shown in the picture. I am not sure why you are not getting the other option and I don't have any additional information for you about it.

I can only suggest you check the Chrome Help site and see if there is something that they can offer. Until you can get it fixed I suggest using the Ask default setting as you certainly do not want to block the site.

EDIT: Try the Alternate method. Leave it set to Ask first. Below that find Allow and click on Add to the right side. Then add the following site https://www.facebook.com:443. You might want to also add
https://apps.facebook.com:443 if you want to be able to use Flash on the Facebook newsfeed.
Thanks for the info. It is now fixed.
Old Nov 04 2017, 12:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the info. It is now fixed.
Hi David,
Did the option show up or did you use the Alternate method?
Old Nov 04 2017, 03:29 AM

Just had FT fail to load in Chrome on both pc's overnight (both were fine 7 hrs ago).
Done the alternative method you posted above and it cured both pc's.
Old Nov 04 2017, 05:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Chrome Problem Fixed

Quote:
Hi David,
Did the option show up or did you use the Alternate method?
The alternate showed up. I was clicking on the wrong place. I should know better than trying to do something just when I am ready to go to bed and too tired to think. Thanks again for your help and patience.
Old Nov 05 2017, 08:59 PM

Unhappy Display Issues in Farm Stats Window

The Show Farm Stats Window is NOT working correctly again today! IT says I have trees to chop on Farm 22, an yet there are NO TREES to chop!!! I have cleared the FT cache, gone out of FT an FB cleared the cache on my computer an it still shows it an has for a few hours! What is going on?

I use Google Chrome an have the most recent update available.

I am also having issue on my FB home page with getting any notifications an that has been going on now for almost a week. Someone told me to do a Ctrl 0 to get it back to normal cause everything in FT was magnified, I did that an it fixed that issue in FT but I also did it on my home page in FB an after that is when my not getting any notifications started!
Old Nov 05 2017, 09:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny View Post
The Show Farm Stats Window is NOT working correctly again today! IT says I have trees to chop on Farm 22, an yet there are NO TREES to chop!!! I have cleared the FT cache, gone out of FT an FB cleared the cache on my computer an it still shows it an has for a few hours! What is going on?

I use Google Chrome an have the most recent update available.

I am also having issue on my FB home page with getting any notifications an that has been going on now for almost a week. Someone told me to do a Ctrl 0 to get it back to normal cause everything in FT was magnified, I did that an it fixed that issue in FT but I also did it on my home page in FB an after that is when my not getting any notifications started!
Hi Lollipopthebunny,
You have been told in the past to please contact Support about your Farm Stats not working right.

As far as the notifications in Facebook you will have to ask them as we do not have any control over what Facebook shows in your newsfeed. Facebook is the one who determines what you will see there. Your using Control 0 on your Facebook page had nothing to do with that. The only thing that does is reset the zoom for that page back to 100%.
Old Nov 06 2017, 11:22 AM

My entire game works fine. Except for My requests: I CANNOT accept All qifts or individual guests, The message I receive is A error has occured Please try again. Except for trains. I go to click on a train and no matter the age it says Sorry this request has expired. And as far as the wall requests and tge games I have no problem what so ever. I have been through all the recommended "fixes" and even had created a ticket (which really told me to do what I learned on the forum) and this one issue still exists. A error has occured Please try again This has been almost a month or so now. Thank you!

Tags
archived farm, coloured dots, display, display issues, drag farm, eye, farm order, farm stats, full screen, grid colours, mouse, music, normal screen, regular screen, screen size, sound