Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 05 2011, 10:09 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomh View Post
the belt system is not working for me at all. I get error messages when I try to post for bonuses, telling me to try again later, when there is no option to do so -- so I don't get the bonuses nor the opportunity to earn more coins. this sucks!
Just out of curiosity, do you have more than one login active when you are playing FT? some people have two browsers open and running 2 farms at the same time.. if this is the case and you go to advertise a bonus, it will give you this error message.
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:10 AM

Raul's latest explanation should eliminate the pop-up debate. The initial bragging pop-up with request for bonus crops doesn't have to be sent. I'm not sending anything out to anyone. What's important, is that from that point on, you get the chance for an extra bonus without impacting anyone else.

Moving on, can someone put together a spreadsheet that shows what it takes for each belt for each crop? I'm the type of person who likes to plan ahead and that information is necessary to come up with the best strategy.

I'm currently working on the major crops: tomatos, wheat, sugar, rice, etc ... first. Not sure if I want to tackle longer or shorter crops next.

Count me in as another positive vote for the belt system. It's given me something fresh to do. I'm not even bothering to fill my facilities until I get at least a first Dan in every crop. This is giving me a chance to stock up !!!
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:10 AM

I like the improvements, great job!
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:16 AM

The time clock does not seem to be working. I went to bed last night and some 5 hours later, I clicked on someone's 'help with bonus' and I receved the message that I did not get the bonus because it had no been 3 hours since I reached my max.....

Since I found out there are limits, I am very selective as to which ones I help with so I can get maximum product and those I need most. This is most tiresome to find I don't get the bonus when I should.
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
does fertilizing the crops matter or not when it comes to getting belts?

I wouldve thought that fertilising your crops means you're harvesting twice as many crops, therefore, reaching the belts quicker???
Old Jun 05 2011, 10:36 AM

Thank you for the explanation on page one, about the system. I still believe it is not challenging enough. I do understand it really is a great bonus opportunity. So my point is, if you see a lot of complaints about it not being challenging enough, i would think to keep people interested in the game you would listen to there wants, and make maybe something else that will keep you working to a certain goal for a long time to come. Of course the goals would need to be attainable, but something that makes you want to get on and really work towards something. If the levels are going to come out so slowly, and half my neighbors are on level 210 including me...something should be done to give the someone like me a reason to keep spending money and striving to make new goals in the game. I find myself not so eager to get on anymore, and that is really a bummer...the challenges are not challenging enough.
Old Jun 05 2011, 11:06 AM
Account Not Linked

Some things I do not like about the belts.
  1. The dans are not hard enough. 3 full farms of rice got me the 3rd degree dan belt that is not hard to do they need to be much harder. It should be at least one full 24x24 no spaces farm between belts. I don't mean impossible to get but it does need to be hard. Making it harder would solve the pop up and posting issue.
  2. You must have made the dan belts retroactive to when the belts where released because I am a 3rd degree dan belt in rice and I have not harvested any rice since the dans came out.
  3. The 250,000 limit is a joke. I can only get 1 or 2 bonuses sent to me and forget about clicking on anyone's bonus if I have posted one. The amount needs to be uped a little more.
I do not hate the belts as some do I actually like the idea of them but your harvest needs for all the belts is just too low. I harvested a full 24x24 no spaces farm of coffee the other day and got the black belt. That is not a challenge even for a level 20 player. All the belts need to be harder to get because as it is right now non of them are a challenge for anyone even the new players. I think yall wanted to give the people that wanted something to do something to do but also give the people that said they do not want something hard like that other game added to the game and made the belts way to easy because of it. There is a happy medium between having no goals in the game and doing it the way zynga does them. Yall missed that mark big time with the belts because you made them way to easy.

I would love to see other goals or quest type stuff added to the game but please think long and hard about them. With these things in mind.

1. Make them fun
  2. not impossible to do
  3. give us a little bit of a challenge with them
  4. have some neighbor requirements to them
  5. do not put a ton of neighbor requirements or make it where we have to spam our news feeds or neighbors with request for stuff
  6. do not put them on the screen where people have to look at them
  7. give us a box or something like the facility manger in the tools that we can go to view quest that way the people that do not want to do them will never have to look at them
  8. if a person chooses not to do a quest they will not be prevented from leveling up or unlocking anything in the store it will just be something fun we can do with our neighbors but the ones that choose not to do them will not be penalized for that.
I think if you where to add quest or goals with those in mind it would make a lot of players happy even the ones that do not want them in the game. It will really help you to keep new and old players. You could release a goal or quest once a week that way people feel like they are getting some kind of update every week even if it is just a new quest.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Jun 05 2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawilkerson42 View Post
All I see mostly in this thread is complaints about the popups!! No one seems to be mentioning the wonderful benefit of receiving up to 72% more crops every time they harvest crops once the belts have been achieved! I for one can put ip with a full Facebook wall and a few popups for a while to know that when I harvest a crop in a few weeks that not only am I Getting double harvest (I fertilize) but I'll get up to 72% chance of extra box with every harvest!

We all complained that with 9 farms we still couldn't keep enough of some products in our storage so they have given us a way to produce more products without having to layer or triple plow our farms! We should be singing their praises is this belt system will cut down on that and speed the game up some in the future!

Thank you Raul for the belt system! I for one appreciate it and am looking forward to the extra products it will provide me!
I totally agree! Basically when a crop etc is at the 6th Dan we get three times as much nearly - assuming we fertilise as well.
Old Jun 05 2011, 11:22 AM

Default Thanks

[quote=JAS0643;4686782]I have the floating text turned off so not sure if it will float up that way when you get an extra box but they are added to your storage. Next time you harvest a crop look at the number you have in storage, take note of the number of fields you have, either harvest the fields or hire it out, then look at the number you have in storage now. You should see more and if you do the math it will be at the percentages you are at for extra boxes. This is like the 20% more you get for harvesting for someone there was an extra box that would float up when you got it and it was added to your storage but that was it you wouldn't get a pop up saying you just got an extra box.

Thanks Jas, finally a workable explanation of what the percentages mean. I never did the math like you did but I now understand the benefit in the belts. You get a benefit by clicking on the bonus for your neighbors to help and you get and extra 20, 36%..... in crops for the harvest. It just took someone to explain it to now understand.
Old Jun 05 2011, 11:41 AM

First off let me say i hate this belt thing...This seems like a case of someone being asleep at the wheel I,ve spent hunderds of dollars on this game not just for me but for friends or neighbors. Could you please explain to me why i need a belt? This game is starting to get to silly not too long ago we were told not to stack/layer fields if it was mentioned one of the quick draw mods would remove the post, what,s up with that? I,ve never did that to any of mine because of the slowness of the game but now farmtown is infested with these farms. How about doing something for us who don,t stack or layer like maybe a x4 or a x5 fertlizer for farmcash or would that be to easy since we already have a x2? I quit spending money when the dance facility came out i have a real farm and know many others who do, not one of them have a dance facility on them. I think what happened was slashkey left the door open & the wrong dogs came home So i say this run them dogs out take control of your hizzel & shut that door before it,s too late. Be careful not to improve the quality out of the game. Yours truly Ten Bears.
Closed Thread