Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 29 2021, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseDJ View Post
I am using Google Chrome and it is updated. I have not tried any other browser. I will have to download one. New laptop.

The trouble starts when I load the SN's neighbors farm. I never get a chance to pick up a tool.
Hi DeniseDJ,
Is your neighbor's farms layered? If so try turning off all show items in your preferences before you go to their farms to see if it will complete loading. Then you can turn on the ones you need for working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 29 2021, 09:52 AM

Default partly not plowable

My issue occured as stated online and offline before layering. Just chose the biggest plower and move it over the wide area. Then suddenly the green square at some random place turns red although nothing is existing there. It is not an issue of layering, it is an issue of the the normal set plot of field process. And it occures only on farm 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi rposer,

I am sorry but we can't help you with any methods of layering or overlapping fields or plants. Those methods can cause problems and so we are not permitted to give or let others post the instructions in the forum for any that may or may not be working since the migration.

I had a look at your farm 3 and I can see you have facilities and animal sheds on top of each other in the top corner. Those will cause a problem if you are trying to plow under those. The only things that you won't be able to see yet would be some of the animated items like working animals and Farm Cash flags. You do have flags on that farm, so although you can't see them those will prevent you plowing in some areas where they would normally be showing. For those I am sorry but you will have to wait until the developers get time to work on animated items and add those items back to the game.

For the single layer plowing issue not saving, and there's nothing in the same spot as another, you may have had a slow down that meant those didn't get saved at the time that you did them.
Old Mar 29 2021, 10:00 AM

Thumbs up problem resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi DeniseDJ,
Is your neighbor's farms layered? If so try turning off all show items in your preferences before you go to their farms to see if it will complete loading. Then you can turn on the ones you need for working.
I downloaded Firefox and am pleased to say it is working without difficulty. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Denise

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p..._id=1450953003

clear memcache https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

I have as many neighbors and buddies as I am allowed

USER ID number is: 1450953003
Old Mar 29 2021, 10:06 AM

Hi everyone, as a super neighbour I have been trying to move my neighbour's facilities around on her farm, she keeps them hidden " inside " living buildings. So I've tried to move them 3 times, and every time she gets back to her farm they haven't moved from their original positions, it's as if I haven't been there. Any ideas as to what's happening ? Thanks , and thanks for all your hard work on here since January.
Old Mar 29 2021, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Hi everyone, as a super neighbour I have been trying to move my neighbour's facilities around on her farm, she keeps them hidden " inside " living buildings. So I've tried to move them 3 times, and every time she gets back to her farm they haven't moved from their original positions, it's as if I haven't been there. Any ideas as to what's happening ? Thanks , and thanks for all your hard work on here since January.
Hi Peekachoo,
The developers are aware of this problem. We will have to wait and see if they can fix it soon.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 29 2021, 10:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rposer@googlemail.com View Post
My issue occured as stated online and offline before layering. Just chose the biggest plower and move it over the wide area. Then suddenly the green square at some random place turns red although nothing is existing there. It is not an issue of layering, it is an issue of the the normal set plot of field process. And it occures only on farm 3.
Hi rposer,

There's seems to be some misunderstanding here. In both of your posts today you've stated that the plow tool turns red and prevents you from plowing on your Farm 3 when you can't see anything on Farm 3 that is preventing it.

I have explained that you have flags on that farm that you can not see. You may not remember putting any on that farm, but they are there, just not visible to you at the moment. You can't do anything about the them being there to move, store or delete them until the developers have added those back to the game so you can see them. As they are on that farm in your data, when you use the plow tool on that farm and you move over a spot where one or more of those flags are, then it will not let you plow there because one part of the plow tool recognizes there is something there even though you can't see it yourself, and turns the green to red.

If you want to get as many fields on that farm as you can without waiting for the flags to be added back so they are visible again, the only thing I can suggest for you is to use the single plow tool to mouse over the entire farm without plowing. It will go red when it sees something there like one of the flags that you can't see. Then you will have an idea of where they are and can plow around that area if you wish.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 29 2021, 11:13 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Peekachoo,
The developers are aware of this problem. We will have to wait and see if they can fix it soon.
Okey dokey Taz, thanks very much for letting me know
Old Mar 29 2021, 12:43 PM

Default Nothin

I still can't play, my quest box is not available yet.... is this the same for everyone? I really miss this game.... I'm not too computer savvy, so maybe I just don't know how to fix it so it works.... Someone, help me out....
Old Mar 29 2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette Lincoln View Post
I still can't play, my quest box is not available yet.... is this the same for everyone? I really miss this game.... I'm not too computer savvy, so maybe I just don't know how to fix it so it works.... Someone, help me out....
Hi Annette Lincoln

Not all functions of the game have been added back yet. Quests are not available yet.

Please go to the first post, first page of this thread and scroll down the page till you find Quick List. There you can read which features of the game are working and which ones have not been added yet.
Old Mar 29 2021, 01:34 PM

Default Farmers helping on your farm

Hi

I have a farmer who helped me work my farms but her last message has disappeared from my inbox. Is there any way to retrieve previous messages.

Thanks
Closed Thread