Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Feb 12 2021, 07:44 AM

Post Responding to the questions you asked me

Responding to the questions you asked me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi Santmyer,

It's a problem with the browser. Were you able to load the game prior to this? This has been an issue since the change over

Did you have a lot of tabs open in your browser at the time? No only this tab

Have you made any changes to your browser prior to getting this? Not at all

Which browser are you using? Mozilla Firefox

Check if the browser can be updated, then close and reopen it and just open one tab to the game, and see if the problem clears. Followed your instructions. After multiple visits yesterday and one so far today, it is still taking no less than 6 minutes to load farm town and I get the same lines of data each time

If it does not please try another browser and see if you get the same problem there. Have not gone this avenue yet but will at so point in time. This is my preferred browser for security reasons.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Feb 12 2021, 09:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
Responding to the questions you asked me
Hi Santmeyer,
Do you have Firefox set to delete cookies and site data when closing? That is in the Privacy and security settings. If you do then that is why it is taking so long for it to load each time.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 19 2021, 06:39 PM

Question Help With Firefox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Santmeyer,
Do you have Firefox set to delete cookies and site data when closing? That is in the Privacy and security settings. If you do then that is why it is taking so long for it to load each time.
Hey Taz I have tried a few things to get your suggestion about Firefox to work.

A question before I try anything else. What does "In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed." mean to me as it pertains to Farm Town and how do I change it?

The line Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed seems to be faded as in I do not have an option to change it.

Also in manage exceptions is that where I put, each of this listed: Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Please help me. I did not even shut down the browser and tried to open a neighbor's farm that had posted and again it was well over a 6 minute delay.

Farming Since July 25, 2009 USER ID number 537090646
Old Feb 19 2021, 06:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santmyer View Post
Hey Taz I have tried a few things to get your suggestion about Firefox to work.

A question before I try anything else. What does "In permanent private browsing mode, cookies and site data will always be cleared when Firefox is closed." mean to me as it pertains to Farm Town and how do I change it?

The line Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed seems to be faded as in I do not have an option to change it.

Also in manage exceptions is that where I put, each of this listed: Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Please help me. I did not even shut down the browser and tried to open a neighbor's farm that had posted and again it was well over a 6 minute delay.
Hi Santmyer,
If you use the Private Browsing then first the cookies and pop ups may be blocked, specially if not coming from the site you are directly on. And any normally saved will be deleted. DOn't use the private browsing for FT.
If Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed is greyed out then it is not set which you want.

Yes you need to have those sites in the exceptions except for Trialpay as that is no longer used.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 24 2021, 03:09 PM

I am having tons if issues with the game freezing no matter what bowser I use. I sue Chrome, Opera and Firefox and it does it on all of them. when playing for 2-3 hours, I probably have at least 4 times that it will freeze. My cache is clear and my computer supports your new format. I have checked that out. My computer never freezes on anything but this game and never froze on old format. I am using an Apple Mac Book Pro. I can't post anything to you from the bottom of the screen since when it freezes, I can't see anything there.
Old Feb 24 2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendreamer View Post
I am having tons if issues with the game freezing no matter what bowser I use. I sue Chrome, Opera and Firefox and it does it on all of them. when playing for 2-3 hours, I probably have at least 4 times that it will freeze. My cache is clear and my computer supports your new format. I have checked that out. My computer never freezes on anything but this game and never froze on old format. I am using an Apple Mac Book Pro. I can't post anything to you from the bottom of the screen since when it freezes, I can't see anything there.
Hi goldendreamer

Im sorry but non of us are using a Mac, the only information we have about Mac, browsers and how to update the software is in the following link under First load of Farm Town>
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

Please check if it helps you.
Old Feb 26 2021, 10:30 AM

Default Timing Issue

I am posting this for a friend who lives in Vietnam. He said he was not allowed to post for himself.

He says he's having trouble loading between 8-10:00 PM, Vietnam time zone.
He says he can load neighbor's facilities, but it takes several tries.
He also says he can not work his sn farms. His system freezes. But other than those two hours, everything works fine. His ID# is 604470133.

Can you help him?
Old Feb 26 2021, 11:29 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conjetta View Post
I am posting this for a friend who lives in Vietnam. He said he was not allowed to post for himself.

He says he's having trouble loading between 8-10:00 PM, Vietnam time zone.
He says he can load neighbor's facilities, but it takes several tries.
He also says he can not work his sn farms. His system freezes. But other than those two hours, everything works fine. His ID# is 604470133.

Can you help him?
Hi Conjetta,

There is nothing being done to the game servers at that time of day. It sounds like the internet over there may be high in traffic at those times in his area which would slow connections down. If there was a game wide issue at that time we would be seeing a lot of posts at that time about it and we're not.

He should check with his ISP to make sure there's no routine work being done at those times and for them to check his service is also fine from their end. From there on there's no way to track where the problem is as all the connections everyone goes through to get to anywhere on the internet can vary as to which route and who owns any connection.

For his forum issue, if he was not logged into the forum or was trying to post in an area that is not open for posting then he will see that message. Perhaps you can check that with him.

If it's not that you can get just his username that he used for the forum, we will take a look. Please do not post his email address on the open forum, this is a public forum so anyone can read it, so not the best idea.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Feb 26 2021 at 12:26 PM.
Old Mar 03 2021, 02:48 AM

Default No info at Top of Game

When I play FT in Firefox, the only thing that shows at the top of the game is Account, Buy Cash, and Invite. So I am not able to use those other things. When it first starts to load, all of them flash on but then as the game loads there are only 3 left.
Old Mar 03 2021, 05:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendreamer View Post
When I play FT in Firefox, the only thing that shows at the top of the game is Account, Buy Cash, and Invite. So I am not able to use those other things. When it first starts to load, all of them flash on but then as the game loads there are only 3 left.
Hi goldendreamer,

I have moved your post to the thread about loading as you're not able to load the message banner and all the tabs in Firefox.

If you have not already done so please make sure that you have done any updates on your computer. Then please check that Firefox is up to date and that any extensions added to it are disabled while you try to load the game. Some extensions can cause problems and hide things you would normally see like the message banner above the game screen.

If you make any changes to your browser, please close the browser and then reopen it before you try to load the game to make sure those changes are saved and applied.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Tags
cannot load game, farm not loading, farm town not loading, frequent crashes, game freezes, green screen, loading issues, saving data, u00, webgl, white screen, x025, x025 error