Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Aug 15 2021, 07:04 PM

Default Ship workers

I have people who work my ships that aren't neighbors or Facebook friends. How does this happen? When I try to send my ships my list shows only neighbors. How can I send my ships to people who aren't neighbors?
Old Aug 15 2021, 07:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiered View Post
I have people who work my ships that aren't neighbors or Facebook friends. How does this happen? When I try to send my ships my list shows only neighbors. How can I send my ships to people who aren't neighbors?
Hi Rosiered,
I moved your post to the subject thread about the cargo ships. You can not send your ships to anyone except your neighbors. It could be someone who is your neighbor, but you are not their neighbor and maybe you don't recognize them.
Even if it was possible for you to add someone who is not your neighbor they would not be able to load it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 22 2021, 12:29 PM

Wink Adding Crayfish to Ships and Trains

Hi, you think crayfish will be added to the trains and ships in the future?
Thanks
Old Aug 22 2021, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Dawn View Post
Hi, you think crayfish will be added to the trains and ships in the future?
Thanks
Hi Dixie Dawn,
I moved your post to the subject thread about cargo ships.
Only the developers know what will be added to the ships and trains. They do not tell us in advance what they will add or release.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 03 2021, 02:22 AM

Hi, in the last few weeks I have added new neighbours, but they are not showing up in the list on the logbook, I want to change some neighbours in the logbook that aren't moving the ship on. Is this something I can fix or is it a problem with Facebook ? Thanks for helping
Old Sep 03 2021, 05:45 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Hi, in the last few weeks I have added new neighbours, but they are not showing up in the list on the logbook, I want to change some neighbours in the logbook that aren't moving the ship on. Is this something I can fix or is it a problem with Facebook ? Thanks for helping
Hi peekachoo,

Are you still having a problem now, it looks like you have recently run memcache which may have resolved it for you.

Please remember that when you replace ports for someone else you can only use the replace up to 10 times

If you have more to replace than that make sure that tomorrow if the ship you have just changed the ports on has returned, do not unload it, prepare a different ship, then reuse the itinerary to get the last one you used and then replace more ports.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 03 2021, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi peekachoo,

Are you still having a problem now, it looks like you have recently run memcache which may have resolved it for you.

Please remember that when you replace ports for someone else you can only use the replace up to 10 times

If you have more to replace than that make sure that tomorrow if the ship you have just changed the ports on has returned, do not unload it, prepare a different ship, then reuse the itinerary to get the last one you used and then replace more ports.

Sorry Tiger, I think I didn't put my question across properly. I have the main list of people to send to, and then there is the second list of neighbours that you can choose from to replace those in the first list. So I want to replace some in the main list, but some of the neighbours in the second list don't do ships anymore. I added new people as neighbours thinking that they would show up in the second list and thereby replace some in the first list, but they're not showing up. I did use memcache thinking that might resolve it but it didn't. I will check tomorrow and see if things have changed but I'm not holding my breath ! Thanks.
Old Sep 03 2021, 07:10 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekachoo View Post
Sorry Tiger, I think I didn't put my question across properly. I have the main list of people to send to, and then there is the second list of neighbours that you can choose from to replace those in the first list. So I want to replace some in the main list, but some of the neighbours in the second list don't do ships anymore. I added new people as neighbours thinking that they would show up in the second list and thereby replace some in the first list, but they're not showing up. I did use memcache thinking that might resolve it but it didn't. I will check tomorrow and see if things have changed but I'm not holding my breath ! Thanks.
Hi peekachoo,

Just to be clear, you are clicking on Replace and the new friend isn't showing up in that list? Have you checked with those friends to make sure that they haven't closed their port as that would be another reason their port wouldn't show up for you.

If it's not that and you ran memcache after dispatching the ship hopefully that will correct it for you tomorrow. I have just tried replacing someone who I added yesterday and they showed up fine when clicking on Replace so at the moment I can't reproduce this. Facebook can be slow to add people to lists, usually memcache can speed that up but not always.

Let us know if you run into problems again tomorrow. If you add any new friends today make sure you run memcache when you are done adding them all, and check with them if their port is open or closed before you try to replace a port again please as we can't check that for you without their ID.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Sep 03 2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Hi peekachoo,

Just to be clear, you are clicking on Replace and the new friend isn't showing up in that list? Have you checked with those friends to make sure that they haven't closed their port as that would be another reason their port wouldn't show up for you.

If it's not that and you ran memcache after dispatching the ship hopefully that will correct it for you tomorrow. I have just tried replacing someone who I added yesterday and they showed up fine when clicking on Replace so at the moment I can't reproduce this. Facebook can be slow to add people to lists, usually memcache can speed that up but not always.

Let us know if you run into problems again tomorrow. If you add any new friends today make sure you run memcache when you are done adding them all, and check with them if their port is open or closed before you try to replace a port again please as we can't check that for you without their ID.

Yep, none of my new neighbours are showing up on the replace list. Thanks for the advice, I will see what happens when I set the next ship up tomorrow, and check with the neighbours involved.
Old Sep 05 2021, 06:39 AM

Is anyone else noticing that in the cargo ships they are missing ports, Albeit, It looks like it is loading and not losing cargo, but not by the neighbour it has gone to. I notice this as I run 2 at the same time with same neighbours, and one is always ahead of the other. On this farm it bypassed 3 neighbours together, and then a 4th, 3 hours later. so other is on port 3 and this one is on port 13.

Tags
cargo ships, container, cranes, dispatch ship, logbook, pink port, port deleted, red skip port, replace port, reuse itinerary, ship rewards, ship's logbook, ships, skip port