Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Feb 16 2013, 07:27 PM

I am not glad that we are having a problem with the red sprinkler but it makes me feel a little better to know that it is not just something I did.
I am sure the devs will get it fixed soon, no need for some people to get upset about it, our devs are real good about fixing things soon as they know there is an issue.
Old Feb 16 2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petuniaflower View Post
when you water with the purple sprinkler(or when I water) if there are flowers on the farm, they all bloom all pretty like but it is a trick don't say that in a mean way. I thought I was losing my mind this morning. I harvested them,thinking well they are ready. Went to the next farm, a short time later went back to the one I harvested the flowers on, and they are back with 7 hours to go. Trying to Trick the ole Women are Ya Raul LOL
This has happened on all of the sprinklers, I always have to reload the farm to see if they are really ready before I go hire someone to work them.
Old Feb 16 2013, 09:07 PM

Thanks for the new update. Once the sprinkler is fixed, things will be good. well, almost. still lag time moving from farm to farm.

Now my wish list is really low.
1) need more iron ore to fill my metal mills. since the last couple updates when adding man hole, carbon steel sheets and hydrant i can not fill my metal mills enough to get enough stainless steel sheet to fill the rest of my facilities.
2) fill all facilities with 1 click- you have a load all and a store all now i just need to be able to fill all my facilities and factories with 1 click. would save a lot of time. With several hundred factories and facilities its a slow process
Old Feb 16 2013, 10:22 PM

I watered a 1 day crop with my orange sprinkler and it said they would be ready in 9.9 hours which is half the time however I have just come back to harvest and they should have been ready over 5 hours ago and it now says they wont be ready for 4.4 hours which takes them up to full time for 1 day. This means my orange spinkler did not work and I am assuming it has something to do with the new update and new spinkler that I did not buy. Not a happy farmer because it has made a mess of my plans to do short term crops today.

Lara's Farm
Old Feb 16 2013, 10:42 PM

Default Sprinkler Fiasco

I have flowers on almost every farm. I own the red sprinkler, and have the brown sprinkler just to water flowers. Before the new update, using the brown sprinkler with flowers showing would water all the flowers, but have no effect on the red sprinkler; so I could plant crops on that same farm a short time later, and irrigate them (speed up growth) using the red sprinkler. They worked independently.

This is what I've experienced since the new update:

Watering flowers using the brown sprinkler... The flowers got watered. They were ready to harvest, and displayed as ready to harvest. After watering the flowers only, the RED sprinkler started to display "Mobile Sprinkler - Irrigate again in 20 hours." So did the brown one. The name of the farm, on the farm selector, now included (F,W) -- as if I'd used the red sprinkler to speed up crop growth (but didn't). I harvested the flowers, hid flowers, and closed the game.

Irrigating crops using the red sprinkler... I reloaded the game after hiding flowers and returned to the farm I'd just used the brown sprinkler on (to water flowers). Now BOTH Mobile Sprinklers displayed NO timer message, suggesting that either sprinkler could be used right away, even though I had just used the brown one recently. I planted crops on the farm. I clicked on the red sprinkler, and clicked it on the farm. It irrigated the crops. BUT... only part of the crops displayed the sped-up growth time. I started counting how many of each, and the count kept changing. It seems that the some of the individual crop squares are alternating between full time and half time to grow (display), near the dividing line between the two displays. Overall, it's about half of each -- left side, irrigated and right side, not irrigated. I won't know the end result for a couple of days... whether the display itself is inaccurate, or if half the crops are really not irrigated (not sped up).

This is a mess, so I've called it a Sprinkler Fiasco. I know the development team works hard to fix problems, and I hope they are already working on this very big problem... and it will get fixed quickly.

Edit: I just checked on the new growth of the flowers on the same farm, which was irrigated by the red sprinkler. Interestingly, ALL the flowers are displaying the sped-up growth times -- even though only about half of the crops have been sped up on that same farm. More information for the development team, as they work to fix this problem... By the way, this was all done on my farm 13. My farms are linked, if the team wants to observe the half-irrigated, half-non-irrigated status of the crops.

MORE to share... The "Farm 11 Experience"...

Okay, this farm also has flowers on it. The flowers were unwatered (dry) but ready to harvest, and I had no crops planted yet. This time I planted a 3 day crop before I watered the dry flowers. Then I clicked to show flowers. I have the new display choice checked, to hide non-relevant items when I pick up a tool. So I picked up the brown sprinkler to see if it would hide the crops. NO, it didn't. Both crops and flowers showed. I picked up the red sprinkler. Same thing... both crops and flowers remained visible. So the sprinklers do not have the "hide non-relevant items" feature enabled -- OR all sprinklers are recognizing both crops and flowers as relevant. This could be important. So next, with both crops and flowers showing, I used the BROWN sprinkler. The flowers were watered, showing ready to harvest. The crops were not affected (on display), but the farm name on the farm selector started to include (F,W) again. I had to reload the farm to harvest the flowers, because when I picked up the flower harvester tool, everything (including the flowers) disappeared. Upon reloading the farm, picking up the harvester showed me only the flowers. I harvested the flowers and put the tool down. So then... with harvested (fully watered) flowers showing AND newly-planted crops showing, I picked up the RED sprinkler. It was displaying "Irrigate again in 19 hours" but I ignored that message, and tried to click on my farm without reloading the game this time. Sure enough, the red sprinkler worked... and this time, it irrigated ALL of the crops on farm 11. ALL the flowers also displayed the sped up growth times. Was this due to my displaying BOTH flowers and crops together, when I used the red sprinkler??? I don't know... but I hope the development team can use this information to find out.

"The Farm 10 Experience" -- I duplicated the same process I used on farm 11. I used the brown sprinkler to water the dry flowers on farm 10... reloaded farm 10 so the flower harvester would display the flowers (using the "hide non-relevant items" feature)... harvested the flowers... observed that my farm name on the selector included (F,W) even though I'd only used the brown sprinkler... hid the flowers and reloaded farm 10... planted crops on farm 10... clicked to show flowers again, along with showing crops at the same time... observed the message "Irrigate again in 19 hours" over my red sprinkler, but ignored that message... clicked my red sprinkler on the flowers and crops together. The result was the same as with farm 11. ALL the crops were irrigated (sped up growth) and ALL the flowers were irrigated, too. It appears that the "workaround" for getting all crops to irrigate on a farm that has flowers on it is to SHOW the flowers before you use the red sprinkler to irrigate the crops. If you have an orange (or any color) sprinkler, you might have to show the trees, too, for all crops to become irrigated (sped up). Next I'm going to find out what happens on a farm that has NO flowers on it...

The Farms 15 and 16 Experience.... These farms have NO flowers on them. I planted crops on each farm, and used the red sprinkler to irrigate the crops on them. ALL crops are irrigated (sped up growth). EDIT: NO! I was wrong about this! I reloaded the game a short time ago, and all crops on these two "non-flower" farms have reverted back to the original, non-irrigated times to grow! My red sprinkler will not let me re-irrigate them. So it appears that only farms WITH flowers on them can be successfully irrigated, even partly, right now!

Conclusion: The problems with irrigation (speeding up growth) of crops appears to be directly related to having, or not having flowers on the same farm. Any farm without flowers on it does NOT stay irrigated; all crops revert to non-irrigated time status after reloading the game. All farms that have flowers on them CAN be irrigated (sped-up crop growth with red sprinkler). After using the brown sprinkler to water the flowers, the red sprinkler will always display "Irrigate again in 20 hours (or however many hours)" - but this is just an error in the display. In fact, the red sprinkler CAN be used to irrigate crops. If the red sprinkler is used on crops while flowers are hidden, then only part of the crops will be irrigated (sped up). If the red sprinkler is used on crops with both crops and flowers showing, then ALL the crops will become irrigated (growth sped up). All flowers will have growth sped up, whether showing or not when the red sprinkler is used. After reloading the game several times, the farms that I irrigated (red sprinkler) with flowers showing are still displaying the sped-up growth times on all crops and flowers.

I hope more people post their experiences with watering flowers and irrigating crops, and also what happens to trees (for people who own the orange and newer sprinklers)... because that will help the development team figure out where the problem lies.

Last edited by Caren Katsmom; Feb 17 2013 at 12:57 AM. Reason: New and Surprising Information...
Old Feb 16 2013, 10:46 PM

hi i not sure if anyone else having issues with the gloves i have both and the yellow is not working at all and the green one does work when it wants to it stop working when they did the new release. i have done all cleaning
Old Feb 17 2013, 02:44 AM

I also am having problems with the sprinklers - I bought the new one yesterday and watered my Farm 16 - Quest Farm after planting several different times crops.
The Pumpkin which are a 4 FT day crop (80 hours) show ready in 17.4 hours.
Sunflowers are a 3 FT day crop and show ready in 7.4 hours
Both of which are correct.
The last row however clearly did not actually get watered - I have just watered again so they show watered now. But the times are all wrong and they were Def planted at the same time.
For example Corn shows ready in 18.6 hours but should be the same time as the Sunflowers.
The shorter term crops on this farm did not go to waste so it is only the area over to the top that got missed.
I cant get a clear screenshot that shows the time but this photo shows the difference in growth between the top row and the second row. The Raspberries shown I have only just planted. But the crops where my Avatars head are were planted and watered yesterday the same time as the ones to the left of the raspberries. The first few to the left are 4 day crops but in much more growth that the ones behind me.
EDIT
I have just reloaded my game and the raspberries and artichokes where my avatar is standing are not watered but everything else that I just planted is. They were all planted at the same time and watered at the same time

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****

Last edited by maggiel29; Feb 17 2013 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Add extra note
Old Feb 17 2013, 03:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to xxjimmyxx

i havent every got the new sprinkler and my orange one dose work correctly now lol im not to worried
Playing since May12,2009

Old Feb 17 2013, 04:44 AM

Well, add me to the list of having irrigation problems too. I have not bought the new one yet. But using my green sprinkler currently and only part of the crops are watered and growing like they should and the others are showing they too were watered, but just a few hours behind. I'm sure it will be fixed soon, I have faith with the Devs for FT.

Still enjoying the game, keep up the good work.
Old Feb 17 2013, 05:02 AM

Just adding a bit more now about the irrigation. It showed my flowers were ready to harvest except for those planted in the latest section added to make it a 32x32 farm. Harvested the other flowers. Went to another farm, came back and the flowers I just harvested showed they had the same amount of time as the ones around the edge in that latest added section. Flowers were in my storage, too from what I just harvested and in 6 hrs I'll need to go back and re-harvest what I just harvested.

Hope the Devs can figure this one out and get it corrected soon. Still enjoy my game though and they do a good job at keeping us entertained and trying to fix these little buggies!
Closed Thread

Tags
train