Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 09 2017, 07:58 AM

Hi all

Raul has posted a few questions about the Error link problem.

If you have the problem and want to report it, please answer the following questions in your post, thank you!

Known Issues:

- For those users getting XLINK errors when using the links to help in facilities, please provide info below:

1.Does the error shows up by just visiting that user from inside the game, for example, from the neighbour bar? if it does, then ignore the rest of the questions below.

2. Are you getting errors when clicking on the link in the facebook wall/profile, or when clicking on the link in the My Request page inside farmtown?
3. What is exactly the error you see when landing on the game?
4. Can you ask the person who did the posting, to reload the game and post again just to make sure everyone is using the latest version. Then try the link again.
5. Does it happen with posts from any facility?
6. Does it happen with posts from all users?
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:19 AM

When I use the new 5x5 tool on my farm the 5x5 square that I harvest-plow-plant disappears (like the trees do when harvested). When I use it on a super neighbors farm it shows a planted square. Is it supposed to do that on a super neighbors farm? The trees work the same way on both farms. Wouldn't the 5x5 tools work the same way on both farms as well?
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:25 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
When I use the new 5x5 tool on my farm the 5x5 square that I harvest-plow-plant disappears (like the trees do when harvested). When I use it on a super neighbors farm it shows a planted square. Is it supposed to do that on a super neighbors farm? The trees work the same way on both farms. Wouldn't the 5x5 tools work the same way on both farms as well?
Hi Dr.Dirt,

Did you have "Show Crops" ticked on your neighbours farm but not your own? Could that be the difference?

Edit to add : I have just checked on this. If you have show crops checked, when you HPP it will show the crops planted, if it is unchecked it the plots will disappear.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 09 2017, 08:29 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new tools sooooo much faster,, hope they release the bigger sizes soon but its so much more efficient its not all that bad to use it on the 42xs
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:38 AM

Hi all

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - March 9th, 9:20AM

- BugFix: Some players were experiencing XLINK errors when visiting other players farms, including (but not limited to) when trying to work their facilities.
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:39 AM

Another great release! The new EX 5X5 tools are great! Thank you Raul and staff!!
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

Developers need more information about errors while trying to work facilities:

Known Issues:

- For those users getting errors when using the links to help in facilities, please provide info below:

1.Does the error shows up by just visiting that user from inside the game, for example, from the neighbour bar? if it does, then ignore the rest of the questions below. - No.

2. Are you getting errors when clicking on the link in the facebook wall/profile, or when clicking on the link in the My Request page inside farmtown? - Both.
3. What is exactly the error you see when landing on the game? - Error saving data error XLink
click the Green circle to retry
click the red circle to reload. Clicking either doesn't resolve the issue.
4. Can you ask the person who did the posting, to reload the game and post again just to make sure everyone is using the latest version. Then try the link again. - Hven't done, because the error is random, the person's client facs may work and their factories don't or vice versa.
5. Does it happen with posts from any facility? - It appears so, yes.
6. Does it happen with posts from all users? - No, just randomly.
My answers are included after each question - thanks Mary.
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie48uk View Post
My answers are included after each question - thanks Mary.

Hi sylvie

Developers have just fixed this problem, please check the fist post, fist page of this thread, and thanks
Old Mar 09 2017, 08:58 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi all

From Raul notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - March 9th, 9:20AM

- BugFix: Some players were experiencing XLINK errors when visiting other players farms, including (but not limited to) when trying to work their facilities.
YES!!! Mine seems to be fix. Thank you developers for doing it so quickly!
Old Mar 09 2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi Dr.Dirt,

Did you have "Show Crops" ticked on your neighbours farm but not your own? Could that be the difference?

Edit to add : I have just checked on this. If you have show crops checked, when you HPP it will show the crops planted, if it is unchecked it the plots will disappear.
Yes the show crops was checked on both farms. When I started, the previous crops that were ready to harvest were showing.
Closed Thread