Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 14 2010, 11:17 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranut97 View Post
ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

Totally agree
Old Jun 14 2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbrandon View Post
ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.
I wish someone would explain to me why they think FT is so unfair? You don't need to own everything. EVERYTHING DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN COINS AND FARM CASH. The bottom line is explained very nicely in the next quote by Toranut97.

Quote:
ENTITLEMENT. No need to look it up in the dictionary. The definition is HERE on this forum.

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

They have provided a game that can be played perfectly well with limitations for free. But which can still be played *quite* satisfactorily for free.

For those who are able and can financially support this enterprise, there are options that can be enjoyed. But they are hardly necessities. Need I remind everyone this is a game????

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.
I've been trying to say this for months, thank you for doing it much elequently than I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverdave View Post
ummm wouldnt it be easier to move the crops to elsewhere and make one farm for animals and facilitys????? i did and it worked for me all it takes is a little planning and forethought to have 1 farm for animals and facility and one for a mansion with trees and crops and 2 other full sized working farms with 1000 fields available to plant
I've wondered the same thing. Why does this have to be such an issue? Leave your animals where they are and move your crops. Easy peasy. Yes Farm #1 is the default, but anyone that's there to work your farm or check it out knows how to move between farms. When I post my facilities for work I always put in the post farm 2 & 4 so if they don't want to go through all 4 farms they don't have. Again, easy peasy. If it doesn't work for you, well...so be it. My momma has always told us life isn't fair, deal with it.

Visit Nanny's Christmas Nook
Old Jun 14 2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny's Nook View Post
My momma has always told us life isn't fair, deal with it.
One smart momma! These complaints crack me up. Do people really think that game developers should do it all for free? Hey, I'm happy to blow $4.99 once in a while to get something cool. But all the freebees are equally as cool. Enjoy the fruits of their labors!

I go outside to my real farm and bust b*tt all day pulling weeds, tilling, planting, harvesting, killing slugs and aphids, throwing out cucumber and squash vines that succumbed to rain rot thanks to the worst spring in history, spraying soap on the tomato flea beetles, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Then in the evening, I park my laptop on my lap and play on my beautiful, lush, money-making farms on Farm Town where my neighbors come over and help and the sun always shines.

Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there.
Old Jun 14 2010, 12:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Most of these complainers must not play that other farm game where 99% of the stuff is for farm cash. At least with FarmTown I've noticed that when they make new facilities half will be for coins the other half for cash. At least you can buy some of the facilities. If all these facilities were on that other farm game I'd bet they'd all be for cash only. Like Nanny Nook said (or rather her mother) life isn't fair. This is a game so just enjoy yourself. If you stop complaining about what you don't have you just might start enjoying the game
Old Jun 14 2010, 02:55 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations.

As long as we are unpaid beta testers and in some cases spending real-world money for FC I would think that as a courtesy the developers would explain if asked directly what is so difficult about moving animals. There might be someone out there in FarmTown Land that could lend them a hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 14 2010, 03:40 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbrandon View Post
ive always said if farmtown can't give us farm cash for playing daily or something then needs to get rid of the farm cash altogether. if you wont help the players out so they can buy stuff with (farm cash) then make that same facility that cost farmcash for people like myself that don't have (farmcash) make the same facility for coins. example the oil refinery, wine celler, flower shop, sewing mill, confectionery factory, oil factory, food preserve factory, chocolate factory, and semi truck EVERYTHING SHOULD BE IN BOTH COINS AN FARMCASH. The bottom line is yall need to be fair an help everybody by having everthing in both.
You play a game by the rules that are set down.

would it be fair for a football team to get 5 points every time the other team gets a touchdown?

Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 14 2010, 03:44 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmTownNewbie View Post
One smart momma! These complaints crack me up. Do people really think that game developers should do it all for free? Hey, I'm happy to blow $4.99 once in a while to get something cool. But all the freebees are equally as cool. Enjoy the fruits of their labors!

I go outside to my real farm and bust b*tt all day pulling weeds, tilling, planting, harvesting, killing slugs and aphids, throwing out cucumber and squash vines that succumbed to rain rot thanks to the worst spring in history, spraying soap on the tomato flea beetles, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Then in the evening, I park my laptop on my lap and play on my beautiful, lush, money-making farms on Farm Town where my neighbors come over and help and the sun always shines.

Maybe we need a new app called Grumpy Farmer Town and the gripers can go play there.
Hay I don't want them over on my farm.

Visit 's Farm

Old Jun 14 2010, 04:06 PM

Sooooo funny to hear the complaints and responses of the FC cash deal...

Try and Zynga game for awhile....THEN you'll see how much better FT is...

It seems so silly to gripe about this FC thing when it is one of the "freest" games around.

As for the animal thing...I didn't have them when I first started playing over a year ago (kept selling them off b/c they just took up room). I only got them when the facilities started and then put them on Farm2. When the Facilities expanded and I got Farm3, I moved my "shops" and "factories" to F3, but left the animals on F2. I don't plant on moving and am keeping F2 my "FALL" design.

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Old Jun 14 2010, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up No entitlement - agreed!

Quote:

The devs OWE US NOTHING.

They do not owe us Farm Cash. They do not owe us explanations. They owe us zip, nil, zilch nada, besides making the game as nice as it can be for free, and I personally believe they have done that quite well.

I wish the exaggerated demands for justice and transparency on this forum could be applied with equal vehemence to social justice causes!!!! LOL! The world would be turned upside down!

Thanks devs. I have been at this game for a lonnngggg time.... and really appreciate how far it has come.
THANK YOU, YOU SAID IT PERFECTLY! I began the game when flowers were "coming soon". We had one farm, No storage. The avatar would go alll around to the end of the row just to do one field. This game is soo fantastic. I quit all other games, this one is my total entertainment. I have four farms now, have bought and sold many mansions, animals, trees, and had a merry old time. Glitches? yeah, and folks, LAUGH about them! There is so much to do - that I can't keep up with what I have. It's a game, the devs have done a fantastic job. Want more? PAY FOR IT. If not, there is a TON of fun to be had entirely for free. LIGHTEN UP, you complainers, and ENJOY THIS GREAT GAME! No more whining, please!

Farming in the beautiful Great Smoky Mtns of N.C.,
FT member since May 6, 2009
Piccolo Pete
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2041&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 14 2010, 04:21 PM

I forgot about "FLOWERS: COMING SOON"

or 'THE-ENHANCEMENT-THAT-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED'

It's a game, not a competition...enjoy at your own pace.

Blessed are the thin-skinned for they shall make life miserable for everyone else.

Google Chrome
WF40

Farming since 3/31/09
Closed Thread