Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2011, 11:43 AM
Account Not Linked

I think the red sprinkler is awesome!

It would really help a lot if it we could use it every 20 hours instead of 24. A 20 hour day it gives us more flexibility in scheduling. Let me explain my reasoning.

If someone does their farming before work about 7:00 in the morning (for example) and one particular day they are running 30 minutes late, the red sprinkler won't being ready until 7:30 the next day. And now it won't be ready until 7:30 each morning. You would have to use it at exactly the same time each day or it will slowly creep to a later and later time.

Please change the red sprinkler to have a 20 hour time frame!

Last edited by dansd111; Sep 01 2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Tee View Post
I find this game to be plenty challenging. I'm just asking that a tool that I spent 50 FC to buy (95 FC if you count the brown sprinkler) give me a benefit that is worth the cost of it.
It IS expensive but I was just second guessing Raul - and I think working properly its a great idea and IMHO worth the cost - yes there are some bugs with it - but they will go in time - cross fingers

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 01 2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pustekuchen View Post
"The time remaining for the next irrigation will be shown when you mouseover the sprinkler in the extended tool box icon, similar to the manure spreader behavior"

I don't see any TIME when I hover over the red sprinkler
Also, I watered my farm 11 last night, and this morning, my tomatoes were at 1.6 days..then I irrigated, and now my tomatoes are going to be ready at 1 a.m....grrrrrr!

This whole thing really needs to be thought over and changed.....50 cash was quite expensive
I dont see any mouse over either and so far Ive only managed to speed up Farm 11 once but forgot when exactly yesterday - it just tells me I cant water twice in one day. But once it settles in I am sure we will all love it - the belts thing is all calming down now as well now theyve been around a while. I didnt mind paying the cash, glad I got it, it just needs tweeking.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Sep 01 2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I dont see any mouse over either and so far Ive only managed to speed up Farm 11 once but forgot when exactly yesterday - it just tells me I cant water twice in one day. But once it settles in I am sure we will all love it - the belts thing is all calming down now as well now theyve been around a while. I didnt mind paying the cash, glad I got it, it just needs tweeking.
hi, it says "WILL BE"
Its a known problem that will be addressed in the future, it is not listed under the post upgrade fixes section.

Thats how I read it anyway, you'll have to be patient.

Cheers
David
Old Sep 01 2011, 12:38 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoholics2 View Post
hi, it says "WILL BE"
Its a known problem that will be addressed in the future, it is not listed under the post upgrade fixes section.

Thats how I read it anyway, you'll have to be patient.

Cheers
David
Thank you so much for posting this... It is under known issues .. I just read it and didn't pay enough attention to what section it was under LOL

Thank you Raul and Dev's for this update! I know there are a few issues, but overall, I think it's great!!

Serenity Farms http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...8514&farm_ix=0
Old Sep 01 2011, 12:43 PM
Account Not Linked

Default red sprinkler

I have discovered that when the red sprinkler is used on my farms, I cannot hire anyone to harvest/plow. The message reads that I must wait until the crop is ready, even when it shows that the crop is ready to harvest and the wasted time figure shows. This means I am the only one who can harvest/plow my farms. I cannot even water my flowers without the crops being watered as well. Please help, no brown sprinkler is shown for me to use, only the watering can. The brown sprinkler is in storage, should I bring it out of storage? thanks
Old Sep 01 2011, 01:12 PM

I hate the new sprinkler! One of my neighbors watered my flowers, and now I can't use the red sprinkler for 24 hours to shorten the harvest time of my flowers or crops. If our friends, buddies and employees (hired players) are going to be able to water our farms, if we have a red sprinkler, then it should should shorten the harvest time. At this point, this was the worst "improvement" in the game since day one. I'm sure that Slashkey has made a very nice amount of cash from this update, I know that I have dropped real Farm Cash on the new sheep and new FC facilities. We need this fixed ASAP, or we should get 1/2 the FC back for a tool that does not live up to expectations.

Also, they need to remove the PO UP when placing the new sheep into storage (not into the shed). I am moving my sheep from farm to farm as the wool sheds are ready to harvest, and I'm very well aware after the 10th sheep that I want to move it to storage and that I need to go to storage to move it back to a farm.

Other than that, it's a fantastic upgrade! I've been able to unclutter my farms, get trees off of crops and building off of crops and from under trees with the additional farm, and space out my facilities so that my facility farm is no longer a junk yard. My farms all look decent now!

---Jerry

Farmtown: Where everyone can play the way they want to play, and still enjoy a great game together!

My Quest Plot Farm
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1897&farm_ix=2
Old Sep 01 2011, 01:16 PM
Account Not Linked

6. Red Mobile Sprinkler also irrigate crops, double growing speed (do not revive crops): If you already own a Brown Mobile Sprinkler you can buy this Red Mobile Sprinkler to irrigate flowers and crops at the same time. Irrigated plants will grow twice as fast and will have a (W) when you mouse over them.

i take this to mean 4 hr crops ready in 2 hrs
8 hr crops ready in 4 hrs
12 hr crops ready in 6 hrs
1 day crops ready in 10 (12) hrs.

is this correct?
Old Sep 01 2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKLAOL View Post
6. Red Mobile Sprinkler also irrigate crops, double growing speed (do not revive crops): If you already own a Brown Mobile Sprinkler you can buy this Red Mobile Sprinkler to irrigate flowers and crops at the same time. Irrigated plants will grow twice as fast and will have a (W) when you mouse over them.

i take this to mean 4 hr crops ready in 2 hrs
8 hr crops ready in 4 hrs
12 hr crops ready in 6 hrs
1 day crops ready in 10 (12) hrs.

is this correct?
1 day crop ready in 10 hours yes providing you irrigate right after planting

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Sep 01 2011, 01:37 PM

I think the red sprinkler should allow your crop to unwither / unspoil, for instant harvesting. Further, remove time constraints for its use. I truly enjoy the game, and appreciate the work performed by all involved. Nonetheless, I have chosen to pay a lot of money to play the game, and I think the game needs to be be less restrictive for those who pay for all of the farm cash tools. For example, when will a tool be introduced for the facilities and services so that one can start all with one click. I have played the game since May of 2009, and have hung in there through the games development. Clearly, you have to make a profit, but I think you could do better by the players to consider the tediousness of clicking ... seemingly endlessly to play the game. Please consider adding a "start all" for the facilities and services soon. With respect to the red sprinkler, I hope you will consider my comments. Maybe I need a break from the game to reconsider other options for game play and just wait out this games evolution. I think you do a good job, it just may be that I have become impatient waiting for the game to become more efficient. Thank you for your time and consideration. Best regards, and keep up the good work.
Closed Thread