Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 25 2010, 11:22 AM

App of the day is under the red "earn coins" tab at the top of the game. You basically just install a facebook application and 15 minutes later you get a few FarmCash in the game, and then you can remove the app.
They have a new one everyday, but if you do it often then they stop having them so frequently for you. I'd say you can only get about 20FC out of the app of the day before they effectively cut you off.

Level 140
Farming since July 2009 and haven't bought FC yet!
Visit my farms: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7!

Old Apr 25 2010, 11:29 AM

A clothing store would be fun too- it's time to get out of those overalls!!! Maybe some designer jeans to wear to the INN?
and a Bank where we could exchange farm coins for cash! I have over 5 million coins and can't buy a juice factory cause I don't have enough cash..(real estate rich and cash poor- the story of my life!)
just a thought.... keep those changes coming!
Bubba's Girl
Old Apr 25 2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecakes View Post
App of the day is under the red "earn coins" tab at the top of the game. You basically just install a facebook application and 15 minutes later you get a few FarmCash in the game, and then you can remove the app.
They have a new one everyday, but if you do it often then they stop having them so frequently for you. I'd say you can only get about 20FC out of the app of the day before they effectively cut you off.
Just looked at it and .....
We're sorry, but this offer is not currently available

Hmmm.... ok
it just gave me to cash, even though the page showed nothing.

Next thing
How to remove?

Last edited by NiMo1960; Apr 25 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old Apr 25 2010, 01:12 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

App of the day disappears after you get about 20 FC from it over a period of time...........at last that's what I think because I have not seen one for the last 10 days. So everyone who is advocating that the FC is available through the App of the day..............any other ideas for getting FC when you've been at level 80 since the last level update? And NO I'm not going to pay real cash for points in a Beta game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 25 2010, 01:59 PM

Smile Semi-Truck

I was so excited to read on a recent announcement the semi-truck was going to be made available to purchase items we need for our factories.
I am on social security and do not use credit cards, so please allow us to purchase the truck with our coins too. Also, I would appreciate it if we could purchase our fuel with our coins. Since I am disabled I spend a lot of time playing Farm Town, I am level 80, I have 19 Million Coins, and very little I can purchase because I have almost everything offered, I have the 3 farms and would purchase more if they were available to us. I love this game, thanks for keeping it interesting for us. I invite you to visit my three farms, Grands' Plantation, Grands' Country Farm, and Grands' Factory Farm, and I am Na'Na Joyce. Y'all come, You hear!!
Old Apr 25 2010, 02:05 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Sir-Peter Send a message via MSN to Sir-Peter Send a message via Yahoo to Sir-Peter Send a message via Skype™ to Sir-Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjpierce View Post
I was so excited to read on a recent announcement the semi-truck was going to be made available to purchase items we need for our factories.
I am on social security and do not use credit cards, so please allow us to purchase the truck with our coins too.
what u get from the truck u also can ask in your facility to be send by your friends,there is no real need for that truck,and i dont pay real money for a beta too(bought only last farm for 40 and i am 71 so had 31 in cash for truck,but was no need,so i regret to bought the truck
Old Apr 25 2010, 02:31 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Application of the day?
keep seeing it mention, but not seen it in the game.
Directions please
Open the game.
At the top, in red, is an "Earn Coins" tab.
The App of the Day, when there, is on that page.

It seems to be sporadic as to whether you get one and how often.

Not directed at you NiMo, this is general from me for the other people posting here as well complaining about the lack of ways to get FC.

Right now, I have 165 FC. I have bought all the FC facilities. The tractor trailer, the juice factory, the windmill one (FC one), the chocolate factory. Too lazy to look it up to see if I missed one. Additionally, I have bought - on accident - several FC items that are decorations (I have a purple scarecrow that was FC). I have NEVER spent one dime on FC. Every last one of them came from the Earn Coins tab and levelling up.

Does it take time to accumulate it? Yes. I had been collecting since last August or so when the App of the Day started (I dont remember exactly). I did the free offers that applied to me that didn't need a cell phone or CC #. And it has taken those 9 months or so to get where I am but it IS possible to accumulate it if you are patient and diligent about saving it.
Old Apr 25 2010, 02:35 PM
Account Not Linked

I think the rules/availability of the App of the Day have changed a lot over time. Last August/September when I started doing them, they were 3 dollars (do it 50 times and that dollar adds up quick) and a new one was out every 3-4 days. Now, its 2 FC and I see a new one about once a week.

At first, I thought it might be because I had collected so much in the past, but, I have checked on a friends account who has never done the App of the Day and she only sees one every week or two, just like I see.

It may be that they are slowly doing away with the App of the Day ?
Old Apr 25 2010, 03:41 PM

Not sure if I did things right or not (am a bit dyslexic when it comes to understanding reading), but I clicked on one (the fanta one), it took me to a separate page which I closed almost immediately, went to my (fresh load)game and it gave me 2 cash, but now I can't see where the application is so it can be deleted? or did I actually not load anything to be deleted?
Old Apr 25 2010, 04:11 PM
Account Not Linked

NiMo, on your FB page, go to the Accounts menu (where you sign out) then to Application Settings. You will find it in the list. Just click the X and follow the prompts to remove it.
Closed Thread