Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 25 2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Donner View Post
Just received this message and cannot load Farmtown. Just had it loaded and have reloaded without success.

Your browser does not support WebGL.
Hi Farmer Donner

I moved your post to the thread about HTML5

This usually happens when your browser encounters an error and then "thinks" WebGL is disabled.

Close and reopen your browser and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then restart your computer.

If nothing works for you, then clear your browser cache. The first time you load the game after the clearing, it will load slowly as all graphics have to be loaded again.

If you need instructions on how to clear your browser cache, please visit the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Old Sep 25 2021, 02:14 PM

Ok this was posted in 2009, but this is 2021 and my system isn't the problem, it will load and then boom a very long gray box shows up it's been several months none of us has been able to play. I have plenty of ram and my Nivida Graphics card is updated and cache is always being cleaned. It'd ODD as to how many can play and in certain areas they cannot. As, I mentioned it will load and then boom I get the gray long box going way down my screen.
Old Sep 25 2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
Ok this was posted in 2009, but this is 2021 and my system isn't the problem, it will load and then boom a very long gray box shows up it's been several months none of us has been able to play. I have plenty of ram and my Nivida Graphics card is updated and cache is always being cleaned. It'd ODD as to how many can play and in certain areas they cannot. As, I mentioned it will load and then boom I get the gray long box going way down my screen.
Hi Patricia

Im not sure which image or link you were trying to post here as we cant see it.

About your problem there are some things for you to try.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac in case you use it. You can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also be sure your browser is up to date.

After that then follow the instructions given in this announcement:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

You have to try all suggestions under FIRST LOAD OF FARM TOWN.
After trying them all, then restart and check again if your game loads.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.

Also if you go to the first post, first page of this thread, you will see the requirements for hardware and software for your computer.
Old Sep 25 2021, 08:23 PM

Question I've done all Required...

Hi,
I've done all that it listed but it loads and then when I try to click on the game board, it quickly goes to that long grey screen all the way down to the bottom of browser window. I do not have a chance to get any info....but everything is updated.
I and my sister have been trying to get back to playing when even when Slashkey started letting us play again. We cannot get it to load and allow us to play, it crashes to the long grey screen even before we can do anything.
Patricia
Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Patricia

Im not sure which image or link you were trying to post here as we cant see it.

About your problem there are some things for you to try.

Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac in case you use it. You can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also be sure your browser is up to date.

If your game doesnt load, then you have to provide the information under PERSISTENT LOADING ISSUES.

Also if you go to the first post, first page of this thread, you will see the requirements for hardware and software for your computer.
Old Sep 25 2021, 08:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia_B2009 View Post
Hi,
I've done all that it listed but it loads and then when I try to click on the game board, it quickly goes to that long grey screen all the way down to the bottom of browser window. I do not have a chance to get any info....but everything is updated.
I and my sister have been trying to get back to playing when even when Slashkey started letting us play again. We cannot get it to load and allow us to play, it crashes to the long grey screen even before we can do anything.
Patricia
Hi Patricia,
What operating system is on your computer? Windows or Mac? What version of the operating system is it?

Did you disable any add-ons you have like ad blockers or ones that change how Facebook looks? The grey screen is usually an indication one of those is enabled.

Please try the steps in the first post of this thread for checking your computer. Also check the minimum requirements that are listed in that post.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 26 2021, 08:54 AM

Default Can't connect to Chat on Server

For 2 days now am having trouble connecting to "chat" on the servers. The one I see now is c20 and w22. Can someone help please?
Old Sep 26 2021, 09:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlinsssandi View Post
For 2 days now am having trouble connecting to "chat" on the servers. The one I see now is c20 and w22. Can someone help please?
Hi sizzlinsssandi,
I moved your post to the subject thread about connection problems. Please explain what is happening, so we can try to help.
Are you able to open your farms and work? Are you getting any error messages in the FT Console?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 28 2021, 11:22 AM

Default Problems loading Farm Town

2021-09-28 16:14:02.160 ERRORwasm,streaming, compile failed: CompileError: WebAssembly.instantiateStreaming,(): unexpected end of stream @+37453098
2021-09-28 16:14:02.163 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer, instantiation
2021-09-28 16:14:02.256 ERRORfailed, to asynchronously prepare wasm: CompileError: WebAssembly.instantiate,(): expected 5516131 bytes, fell off end @+36638688
2021-09-28 16:14:02.258 LOG{}
2021-09-28 16:14:02.260 ERROR{}
I keep getting the above error message when trying to log into Farm Town can you help please I have never had this problem before...
Old Sep 28 2021, 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryplant1955@gmail.com View Post
2021-09-28 16:14:02.160 ERRORwasm,streaming, compile failed: CompileError: WebAssembly.instantiateStreaming,(): unexpected end of stream @+37453098
2021-09-28 16:14:02.163 ERRORfalling back to ArrayBuffer, instantiation
2021-09-28 16:14:02.256 ERRORfailed, to asynchronously prepare wasm: CompileError: WebAssembly.instantiate,(): expected 5516131 bytes, fell off end @+36638688
2021-09-28 16:14:02.258 LOG{}
2021-09-28 16:14:02.260 ERROR{}
I keep getting the above error message when trying to log into Farm Town can you help please I have never had this problem before...
Hi maryplant,
I moved your post to the subject thread about loading problems.
Please check if there is any update for Windows or Mac, you can type update in the search box and you usually get "search for updates", you have to follow the instructions. Remember to close and restart after updating.

Also make sure your browser is updated as sometimes they do not automatically update.

Please notice that for point 3, developers are asking for the last Checkpoint information.

If you dont see the information below your game screen, then click in Toggle FT console and scroll down the page using the bar on the right till you find the last Checkpoint information.

Also there are some steps in the first post of this thread for checking your computer and some minimum requirements for playing the game in the current version.
Old Sep 29 2021, 04:09 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Webgl not supported all of a sudden

Merrily farming away, doing facilities in tabs and all of a sudden, pop up saying An embedded page at l1.slashkey.com says Your browser does not support WebGL, click ok, refresh I getat the bottom of the black unity screen:
2021-09-29 09:05:46.355 INFOCheckpoint-B-000 - Initialized
2021-09-29 09:05:46.356 LOGFT Client Services Inited.
2021-09-29 09:05:46.375 LOGSessionId: 8291005
Browser: Blink: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/93.0.4577.82 Safari/537.36
WebGL Supported, but DISABLED ------------------- ERROR!

It was supported 5 mins ago, what happened?

Went to https://get.webgl.org/ and it says my browser does support WebGL and I see the spinning cube, so is this an FT setting error?

FIXED! Click on chrome settings, advanced, system, turn off use hardware acceleration when available. Then click the word relaunch that has just appeared. Chrome closes then reopens and now it loads properly.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by NooNoo; Sep 29 2021 at 04:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
black screen, web gl