Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 02 2010, 06:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Disappointed in essential oils facility

I confess I haven't looked at every post to see if anyone else has raised this. Sorry. Has anyone else done the maths on the essential oils plant?

Take vanilla, for example. If I use it in the spice factory then 2 fields gives me 4000 coins. If I use it in essential oils, then 1 field gives me 400 coins. This means the spice factory is five times better (unless you also have the perfume facility, and I don't have that to see if the return makes the vanilla worthwhile).

Cinnamon is bad too. I only get 1700 in the essential oils factory, but in the coffee/tea shop I get 2750 (the difference between the cappuccino and the cinnamon latte).

Peach in the essential oils gives 550, which is slightly better than the 450 from the preserves factory.

The cedar oil is not overly generous either. It takes 8 days to break even on the cost of a cedar tree, whereas in the sawmill it only takes 2.5 days to break even on the cost of an oak tree.

I don't have any flowers, so I don't know how the return compares with the flower shop.

Come on developers, give us a fair return in the facilities. Please take this on board when planning new facilities. These coin-facilities are not just there to feed into the farm cash-facilities. We want them to make coins in their own rights.

I love this game and I love the variety of things you give us (though some don't interest me so I don't buy them) but I would like an even return on the facilities. I can see I will hardly use this essential oils one, and I might have been better using my field space for more productive crops and trees.