Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 10 2010, 05:08 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
I'm going to try this some time soon to test it, but off-hand i may see a problem:

clicking save does not immediatly save the game. it takes awhile on the server b4 all the info catches up that needs saved.
If you click to go to another farm or somewhere, the black "loading farm" will sit there and cycle untill the server catches up b4 it takes you there.

I'm using my past experiences in bulldozing as a frame of reference here.
Once a whole farm is bulldozed and you click save - it takes a long time b4 its saved. Trying to go to another farm wont happen untill it finishes catching up on server.

I'll try this out though - the next time i seed something........
When you click on save it should save everything quickly it just depends on your computer and internet speed. Now on how long the farm you click on takes to load depends on your computer and internet speed not what you have done on the farm you are leaving it will load at the same speed as if you have no work pending on the farm you are leaving. When you click on save you are saving all work on the server it doesn't matter that the work doesn't show done on your farm. Give it a try nxt time you plant and you will see it is much faster.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Oct 10 2010, 05:32 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Really would like to see a alternate view of the ice cream shop.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Oct 10 2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
I'm going to try this some time soon to test it, but off-hand i may see a problem:

clicking save does not immediatly save the game. it takes awhile on the server b4 all the info catches up that needs saved.
If you click to go to another farm or somewhere, the black "loading farm" will sit there and cycle untill the server catches up b4 it takes you there.

Once a whole farm is bulldozed and you click save - it takes a long time b4 its saved. Trying to go to another farm wont happen untill it finishes catching up on server.

I'll try this out though - the next time i seed something........
Trust me, it works
Old Oct 10 2010, 07:37 PM

Level:
XP:

was just working a friend facilities and ran into another avatar there and got startled then it hit me ..... wow it would be so cool if we have Halloween costumes for our Avatars ..... lol lol what fun would that be???? even for Farm Cash I would do that......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 10 2010, 07:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
When you click on save it should save everything quickly it just depends on your computer and internet speed. Now on how long the farm you click on takes to load depends on your computer and internet speed not what you have done on the farm you are leaving it will load at the same speed as if you have no work pending on the farm you are leaving. When you click on save you are saving all work on the server it doesn't matter that the work doesn't show done on your farm. Give it a try nxt time you plant and you will see it is much faster.

well i have 2 gigs of ram and roadrunner cable 768 mbps max

cant wait to try......
Old Oct 10 2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
was just working a friend facilities and ran into another avatar there and got startled then it hit me ..... wow it would be so cool if we have Halloween costumes for our Avatars ..... lol lol what fun would that be???? even for Farm Cash I would do that......
Having someone with a Pumpkin head harvesting your pumpkins If that happens I had better lay off the Reds
Old Oct 10 2010, 08:46 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Having someone with a Pumpkin head harvesting your pumpkins If that happens I had better lay off the Reds
wouldn't it be a riot?? pumpkin headed avatars, ghost avatars, harvesting your fields lol lol

GOD Bless The USA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Old Oct 10 2010, 09:04 PM

But for those of us who don't do Halloween, then it would be a pain to have that happen
Old Oct 11 2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:

Just to lend my voice to the Save discussion, I never wait for the avatar to finish his work. I don't have that kind of patience. I click Save and go on to whatever my next task is, whether that is to jump to another farm or leave the game entirely. The point is, clicking Save does save immediately (barring internet problems). Haven't lost anything yet.
Old Oct 11 2010, 02:22 AM

Level:
XP:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookeB View Post
Just to lend my voice to the Save discussion, I never wait for the avatar to finish his work. I don't have that kind of patience. I click Save and go on to whatever my next task is, whether that is to jump to another farm or leave the game entirely. The point is, clicking Save does save immediately (barring internet problems). Haven't lost anything yet.
I also save in the same way and go on to the next task...... most of the time if i am seeding.. after i save i will go to another one of my farms and come back to where i just seeded just to make sure I didn't miss any fields.... that does happen from time to time......

GOD Bless The USA

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

Closed Thread