Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 02 2016, 10:02 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Thank you very much to Raul and all the development team

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Dec 02 2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old Dec 02 2016, 10:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpdad View Post
If I boost a train, I gain products, if I boost a Cargo Ship I lose products? Am I reading this correctly??
Hi Grumpdad,
As in all of the cases where we get products like hired for harvesting or boosting trains, the ships will be the same. Any products added will be coming from the mayor and not your storage.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 02 2016, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the updates. Great as usual!! Awesome new Christmas items!!!

Last edited by gffarmer; Dec 02 2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old Dec 02 2016, 10:39 AM

The info on the ships is a bit disappointing, if I read it right it takes 45 to 60 minutes to load a container, at the max time for all it will be 10 hours to load the ship. I play farm town everyday and I do not even have that much time to load one ship let alone 7 ships and I know you can only load 1 a day. For me to do the ships they are going to have to change the way they are loaded, I just do not have 10 hours a day to sit and load containers, I have a job. I do like that they are coin ships and not farm cash.

Also how do neighbors know that a ship is docked at their port? If it is like the train boast and comes up in the gift section then my neighbors are going to be upset with me because I seldom do gifts. I only do them if I need a tree or flower, or some holiday gift. So my neighbors trains are going to get stuck at my farm.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 02 2016, 11:10 AM

I know some guys that work on the cranes at the port here in Savannah. If it took them 45 to 60 minutes to load a container they wouldn't have a job for very long.
Old Dec 02 2016, 11:11 AM

so someone who is extremely active but chooses NOT to participate could easily stall many ships at their first port simply by opting not to play. My farms keep e very busy and this addition seems to be something that will require a significant amount of time watching - working - responding to requests from ppl saying pls work my ship... will see how this plays out but not sure it will play well.
Old Dec 02 2016, 11:14 AM

Great Update - thank you, Developers!
My dream came true - Ships are COINS and not Farm Cash!
Happy Dancing on my future Ships!
xoxoxo
Happy Holidays to All!
Old Dec 02 2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SeniorCornwall,
The sign factory is already in the store.
Thanks for the response. I had missed that
Old Dec 02 2016, 12:33 PM

I am a bit disappointed with the whole new ship thing. It irritates me to know that now people that don't spend real money to get farmcash get the same benefit (i.e. products) that those of us that spent the FC get. So we wasted our money. I was really hoping that the ship would carry other products that we are short in to make it worth while to work both trains and ships. Notes stated that a fully worked ship in the proper amount of time would yield the same as a fully loaded train that returns. Was really hoping that ships would carry things like Chromite that aren't in the train cars. A beautiful scenario would be for us to load items that we could really use individually, but I know that would be a programming nightmare. I just can't understand why the redundancy between train and ship. Now the only thing our FC buys us with the trains is having the mayor do all the work for us when doing other peoples facilities. I am bummed.
Old Dec 02 2016, 01:57 PM

Oh my goodness.....I just bought the nativity people and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! The Baby Jesus is even separate and can be placed on the crib. The animals are wonderful. Thank you so much.....it is really stunning!!!!
Closed Thread