Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2016, 08:12 AM

I have dispatched my first ship (the yellow one). Now to see if my neighbours decide to participate. It was fun to do it though.

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:18 AM

OMG - I'm SURE my last container has said less than one minute for about 30 minutes now! I mean . . . how many times can I possibly refresh in less than one minute?!?!?

Just kidding, of course . . . things are working beautifully so far.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
for its first voyage on the high seas, I decided to send out the Yellow Ship with all the 10 containers, but once its back in a week... hopefully, fingers crossed.. will then decide if it needs to go again, also just had my first ship dock from a neighbor and loaded it for her, looking forward to seeing more arrive soon!!
How did you know a ship had docked? I'm dying to get some!

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:33 AM

Just found the Seaport Manager Tool so I just answered my own question. Would be nice to be notified on our regular screen without having to go look. I think having to go look to see if there's a ship at your port is going to greatly DECREASE neighbor participation which is going to be directly proportional to the amount of INCREASED frustration with the ships. Maybe that's already been done - I don't have any ships in my port yet (SOB!) so I don't know.

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 23 2016, 08:59 AM

The pink highlights for the current container being loaded on the cargo ship is certainly very useful. Kudos to Raul and the team for making it so without our needing to ask for it!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:10 AM

will there be a time limit that a ship will stay at a neighboring port? if a regular player goes on vacation for weeks, will i have to wait at that port for those 2 weeks for the neighbor to come back and work the ship for it to go on to the next port? And i can also see me wanting a special farm for a port not for crops, just for the ships, mine and other players...i have an image of seagulls, rats and pirates...docks, stuff like that
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjeni View Post
will there be a time limit that a ship will stay at a neighboring port? if a regular player goes on vacation for weeks, will i have to wait at that port for those 2 weeks for the neighbor to come back and work the ship for it to go on to the next port? And i can also see me wanting a special farm for a port not for crops, just for the ships, mine and other players...i have an image of seagulls, rats and pirates...docks, stuff like that
Hi ajjeni,
Your ship will return to you in 7 days with however many goods are loaded. So if it gets stuck at a neighbor's port then it won't stay 2 weeks there, but will return to you in 7 days at the most.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

The ships arrived, thank you, thank you... now to put them to work... thanks Raul and Co., as always you guys rock.....
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:43 AM

Appears that today , not sure if it is connected, but since I purchased a cargo ship I am now not able to post my facilities or clients either from the facility manager or direct from a farm. Yes I have reloaded , cleared memcache , any suggestions please
Old Dec 23 2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Wow! Amazing how we all need different things. I filled my animal products container FIRST because I'm always running out of those even though I have all of the non-FC animal barns on all 31 farms and maxed out with animals. I did the fish one second, and then the fruits and crops 3rd. When we get Farm 32, I've already decided that I'm going to shell out FC for some of the super barns. However, I didn't run out of animal products until I bought duplicates of all of the non-FC facilities - so that's what pushed me over the limit.

For me, it's not stressful to think of "having" to fill all 10 - it's a challenge. I'm having a great time so far! Fits all my little OCD needs very nicely.
Interesting post.... For me it is the complete opposite... I will focus on three containers - Metal Sheets / Ore, Rocks & Minerals and / Liquid Factory Ingredients. From there I will just add more if I have time. Key will be to start in morning - add containers as I can throughout the day - and make sure I ship it out in the evening..... If I do this every day, will always be a ship being loaded... and 6 at sea all the time. I look at the content from these as a bonus, so will take what I can - not like I lose anything by using them...

I am guessing the next months will see tools to speed up the loading / shipping process.... Maybe super ships and the like....
Closed Thread