Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Feb 04 2017, 07:03 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl View Post
I understand where to go to disable your ships. My question is, when one of my neighbors "unchecks the disable ships", will that neighbor no longer be an option to pick when preparing your itinerary? Will we know if a neighbor is no longer playing? Will the ship just automatically skip that neighbor and move on to the next so you will not get as much stuff when it returns home?

They DID NOT explain this part very well at all. Thanks for any info to make it clearer.
Hi medicgirl,

When your neighbour disables ships you should not get them in your itinerary for the next ship you prepare or be able to choose them for a port.

No you will not know if they have done this, you'd have to ask or if it has been there a long time make the decision to skip their port.

At the moment, ships that already have been dispatched and have someone in thier itinerary that has now disabled thier port will still get the ship in thier port. To address this Raul has posted the following >>
Known Issues:
- If you were already on the itinerary for some of your neighbors when you disabled the Ships, those ships will still come to your port. We will fix this on Monday so the ship auto skip your port in this case.

Skipping a port would mean you do not get products for that port.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Feb 04 2017, 08:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Possible glitch

Today was the first time I opened up my ship's dock. Currently I own 3 cargo ships, but I have room for only 1 on the farm - the other 2 are in my storage, however, according to my dock, I can still load and launch them. Or at least that option seems to be available - I did not try. Thought you might want to know.
Old Feb 05 2017, 08:35 AM

Default Ships

I don't have an answer or a suggestion to fix what is happening with the ships but I am seeing a decrease in the number of ships sailing into my port. Actually in the last few days there have been no ships visiting me. Because of the amount of time necessary to prepare a ship and launch it and then to check to see where it is on my list of ports I have decided to skip this part of the FT game. It is a shame because at the beginning I thought it would be fun! And whatever happened to the coins? I never received any! So until this part of the game is changed I will just keep my ships at home unloaded. ) They're nice to look at!
Thanks for reading,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Old Feb 05 2017, 10:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyld40 View Post
I don't have an answer or a suggestion to fix what is happening with the ships but I am seeing a decrease in the number of ships sailing into my port. Actually in the last few days there have been no ships visiting me. Because of the amount of time necessary to prepare a ship and launch it and then to check to see where it is on my list of ports I have decided to skip this part of the FT game. It is a shame because at the beginning I thought it would be fun! And whatever happened to the coins? I never received any! So until this part of the game is changed I will just keep my ships at home unloaded. ) They're nice to look at!
Thanks for reading,
Marlene Wyld (Mom's Farms)
Hi Marlene,
I moved your post from Suggestions to General Feedback since you were not making a suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2017, 12:01 PM

Default Ships

Hi Taz, you moved my original post from suggestions to General Feedback, but if this isn't General Feedback then where is it?

I tried to copy the post but it didn't work. 2/5/17
Old Feb 05 2017, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwyld40 View Post
Hi Taz, you moved my original post from suggestions to General Feedback, but if this isn't General Feedback then where is it?

I tried to copy the post but it didn't work. 2/5/17
Hi Marlene,
The suggestions section is only for suggested changes. That is why I moved your post here to the General Feedback section thread about the cargo ships.
You post is just above my answer to you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 05 2017, 04:05 PM

Been reading all the posts on the ships, and am finding it all a little funny.... I see the ships as a free extra, and will get whatever I can from them. I would suggest people can do a few things that will help themselves and everyone else...

1) If you hate them, opt out using the wrench on the top right of the game now available..... Voila ships are done for you after the refresh cycle takes care of anything in transit...

2) If you play them, understand that people have real lives and will get to them when they do. If it is not quick enough for you, skip their port.....

3) I am making a list of anyone where my ship stays for more than a day.... when I send my next ships out, if I see these names on the list I replace them.... no judgement or emails - just take them off in future itineraries;

4) If I see a stop of one of my ships has been more than 24 hours, I skip the port....

5) line up all your boats on one farm in order of time to fill a container..... Always work on the one that takes the least time to fill (you don't have to use them all)

6) I like starting my ships in the morning - load as many containers as I can throughout the day - and always ship at night before I go off to sleep A routine like this helps avoid missing the departure

7) Look at the containers and establish a priority for you. I always start with the chemicals, ore and metal containers as that is what I keep running out of...

And lastly, I don't worry about how many containers I have on which boat.... Just do what you can and avoid trying for everything all the time - it is extra stuff after all..

And don't pester people or get upset if someone doesn't move your ship along like you would like...
Old Feb 08 2017, 03:50 PM

Default i like ships

I like ships I had a few times where I had to redo a container but as a whole I like ships. I wait 2 days before passing a ship on as different time zones and because people also have a real life. I start with oil for fuel and animal products. I pick a day that quite for me to do them.
Old Feb 08 2017, 08:27 PM

Angry Ships

I absolutely HATE the new way ships are parceled out. Now I have only ONE ship coming to my port ..JUST one..from ALL my neighbors. Could you not allow our neighbors to chose who they want to send their ships to? Where is the personal choice in this? This is one of the stupidest 'fixes' I have ever see FT do.

Last edited by Sunshinelvr; Feb 08 2017 at 08:51 PM.
Old Feb 08 2017, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinelvr View Post
I absolutely HATE the new way ships are parceled out. I have only ONE ship ..JUST one..from my neighbors. Could you not allow our neighbors to chose who they want to send their ships to? Where is the personal choice in this? This is one of the stupidest 'fixes' I have ever see FT do.
Hi Sunshinelvr,
They do have the choice of picking up to 10 of their neighbors they send the ships to. That is part of the last changes made. The ships iteneraries are set when they start preparation and they have the choice at that time to replace up to 10 neighbor's ports. Additionally they can move the order of those ports around as well.
You can find all the current information about the ships in the Game Guide chapter about the Ships in this link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622