Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Feb 19 2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SeniorCornwall,
If you accept a gift from those who don't play much then they will show on your itinerary. The only thing you can do in that case is use your replace to put someone on that plays more often.
If you delete someone as a neighbor then they will not show on future lists.
Sorry Taz - Just to make sure I understand... If I delete them as a farmtown neighbour (but leave them as a facebook friend), they will be deleted from all future lists?

Part 2... Assume I deleted them as a neighbour already - and they send me a gift (and I accept it) can they then show up on my list?

Thanks
Old Feb 19 2017, 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Sorry Taz - Just to make sure I understand... If I delete them as a farmtown neighbour (but leave them as a facebook friend), they will be deleted from all future lists?

Part 2... Assume I deleted them as a neighbour already - and they send me a gift (and I accept it) can they then show up on my list?

Thanks
Hi SeniorCornwall,
If they are not neighbors then they will not show up on a future list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Feb 19 2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi SeniorCornwall,
If they are not neighbors then they will not show up on a future list.
Thanks Taz

Looks like I will be losing a few neighbours....
Old Feb 19 2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorCornwall View Post
Thanks Taz

Looks like I will be losing a few neighbours....
Or they will disable the train feature if they don't use them or work them
Old Feb 21 2017, 09:26 PM

With all due respect, I believe the correct answer is if you delete them as neighbor only they can still wind up on your itinerary list because they can still send you a gift and you can still be their neighbor. The only true way you can get them off your itinerary, is to go to their farm and in lower left hand corner there is a tool box. Open the tool box and you will see two "x" at the top. Click on the top one and remove them as your neighbor, click on the second one and that will remove you as their neighbor. After that, you can then unfriend them on FB and you will never see them on your list again. **Always remember, when someone sends you a neighbor request in Farmtown and you accept, you are at least their neighbor even if your personal neighbor list is full. Hope that clears it up.
Old Feb 21 2017, 09:41 PM

One other thing to remember. If you post a belt bonus in one of the many sharing groups there are hundreds of people that can click on your bonus link to get their share and when you get your share of the bonus, it qualifies as them helping you and can be in your the itinerary list. At the bottom of the farmtown page is a running list of the last people that have helped which becomes the intinerary list. I always hope that 10 subs is enuf to get a good list. Another trick is to go collect gifts before you "Prepare" your ship and only collect from your favorite people first. That will make sure you have a good number of people you want to see.
Old Feb 21 2017, 09:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
With all due respect, I believe the correct answer is if you delete them as neighbor only they can still wind up on your itinerary list because they can still send you a gift and you can still be their neighbor. The only true way you can get them off your itinerary, is to go to their farm and in lower left hand corner there is a tool box. Open the tool box and you will see two "x" at the top. Click on the top one and remove them as your neighbor, click on the second one and that will remove you as their neighbor. After that, you can then unfriend them on FB and you will never see them on your list again. **Always remember, when someone sends you a neighbor request in Farmtown and you accept, you are at least their neighbor even if your personal neighbor list is full. Hope that clears it up.
Hi Mcdaddie,
I am sorry but you are incorrect. If you remove someone as a neighbor, they will not be on future itineraries for your ships as all ports on the itenerary have to be your neighbors. As posted by Raul in last months release: "- Better neighbour selection to create the ship itinerary. The itinerary is now composed by the neighbours that have helped you in the past week, which you can see at the very bottom of the screen, the boxes with pictures that say "XYZ sent you a gift", etc. If that is not enough to complete the 30 neighbours needed for the itinerary, we will then complete the rest of the ports using the same method we are using now, based on the last date they have played."

If you are still their neighbor then their ships can still be sent to your port for you to load. Removing yourself as their neighbor will then stop their ships from coming to your port.
You are incorrect about the toolbox as well. Clicking the top one will remove you as their neighbor. Clicking the second one will remove you from their buddy list. To remove them as your neighbor you have to do that from your neighbor bar, click on them and then from the menu click on Remove Neighbor.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Feb 21 2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old Feb 21 2017, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
One other thing to remember. If you post a belt bonus in one of the many sharing groups there are hundreds of people that can click on your bonus link to get their share and when you get your share of the bonus, it qualifies as them helping you and can be in your the itinerary list. At the bottom of the farmtown page is a running list of the last people that have helped which becomes the intinerary list. I always hope that 10 subs is enuf to get a good list. Another trick is to go collect gifts before you "Prepare" your ship and only collect from your favorite people first. That will make sure you have a good number of people you want to see.
Hi mcdaddie,
Even if they send you a gift or bonus, if they are not your neighbor they will not be on your itinerary. Only neighbors are placed on your itinerary. The only way someone can be on your itinerary and not be your neighbor would have to be if you removed them after the itinerary was determined.
Old Feb 22 2017, 12:54 AM

Just curious - doesn't really matter to me one way or the other: what happens if someone doesn't have 30 neighbors? Maybe only 4 or 5. Can they not do ships? Or does the itinerary fill with the same neighbors several times?

Also, and this answer DOES matter to me: since we have our wonderful new Seaport, we don't really need the ships on our farms. Can we put them in storage and still have all the functionality we need through the Seaport or does that mess them up?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Feb 22 2017, 03:18 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Just curious - doesn't really matter to me one way or the other: what happens if someone doesn't have 30 neighbors? Maybe only 4 or 5. Can they not do ships? Or does the itinerary fill with the same neighbors several times?

Also, and this answer DOES matter to me: since we have our wonderful new Seaport, we don't really need the ships on our farms. Can we put them in storage and still have all the functionality we need through the Seaport or does that mess them up?
Susan, if you go to put your cargo ship in storage, you will get a pop up message asking you "Do you want to add this Cargo Ship(Color) to your Storage?
WARNING: If you currently have any production in this facility, you will lose it!
(To put it back on your farm go to your Storage and click on the Items tab)

hope this helps, I have all my ships in storage now, but continue to click on all that arrive in my port and send them on.
Closed Thread