Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyponies View Post
Answering oxman's post....

The new developments don't reduce farming. They merely expand the possibilities of creating new locales and (dare I say) climates for farms. If I wanted a Texas farm, I could have one now, complete with oil rigs. If I wanted an oceanfront property, I now don't have to labor over layering the river sections to create a beach. People have created mountain hideaways, trailer parks, ski resorts, islands, etc. The facilities just add a bit more fun to the mix. Prior to the facilities, the vast majority of the farms looked like a flat, endless vista resembling farmland in Kansas. Boring!!!

Besides, NOTHING says you have to load up your place with facilities -- I love the fact that I can pick and choose what I want for industrial/retail places that fit in harmony with my farm design. And I still have tons of land to farm upon to use as produce in my facilities, share with my neighbors, or just grow because I like the looks of the crop.

I agree. We have lots to choose from you can buy some, none or all.

I also don't expect to have room on my farm for every single house, barn, or tool. I choose what I want to decorate with.

The devs released facilities because people requested them. I like the fact they listen.

Adding- The devs welcome all opinions so I am sure they are noting not everyone is crazy about the facilities.

Last edited by LoreneC; May 22 2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: adding
Old May 22 2010, 12:01 PM

I would love to own the oil Facillity but have no FC wish you make the facillitys buy with coins that be nice but having fun anyways with what i got thank you for making this a wonderful game again.
Old May 22 2010, 12:14 PM

Default Dolphin?!?

Are you kidding?!? Fishing for DOLPHIN?!? What planet are you living on? Didn't you see THE COVE? Are you NUTS? What poor taste you show.
Old May 22 2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Scooter Girl View Post
Are you kidding?!? Fishing for DOLPHIN?!? What planet are you living on? Didn't you see THE COVE? Are you NUTS? What poor taste you show.
You need to always make sure you know what you are talking about before you post... :-)
You are talking about porpoises, not dolphins.
Farm #1 is the main estate with a bistro and a tennis court.
Farm #2 is busy at work with all the airplanes and helicopters helping out
Farm #3 is where we have crops and facilities. The helpers live here.
Farm #4 is Farmville! Yes, the REAL Farmville, not that "other" game.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1571199267
Old May 22 2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capriherb View Post
How much fuel does 1 barrel of oil produce once it is refined?
How many coins does one get for the flowers and what is the configuration of the bouquets? I see that I can harvest Carnations and Zinnias plus other flowers, but the floral shop doesn't mention them. So does it produce bouquets that utilize all the flowers and how much do these sell for, plus how many of each do you need?
The sea coast..... I excitedly put some in, but then realized that they are backwards. They can only be used on 2 sides of our farms. Please make them so they can turn the other 2 ways as well????
Has anyone figured this out yet?
Farm #1 is the main estate with a bistro and a tennis court.
Farm #2 is busy at work with all the airplanes and helicopters helping out
Farm #3 is where we have crops and facilities. The helpers live here.
Farm #4 is Farmville! Yes, the REAL Farmville, not that "other" game.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1571199267
Old May 22 2010, 12:25 PM

Guys n girls, pls note, in that pond it is spelt dolfin and not dolphin...there is an actual dolfin fish,which is not related to any dolphins, here is a link....

Last edited by Double T Dude Ranch; May 22 2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: external link
Old May 22 2010, 12:27 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Harvester View Post
Guys n girls, pls note, in that pond it is spelt dolfin and not dolphin...there is an actual dolfin fish,which is not related to any dolphins, here is a link....
Sorry, took out the link as external links aren't allowed on the forum.
Old May 22 2010, 12:35 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
Internet access is a luxury, in itself....not a necessity.
For most people, I would agree that internet access, like TV access, is a luxury. There are a few exceptions. People who earn their income (and probably not big bucks) doing transcription or other jobs which require online access. Some, like myself, have a small computer related business and do nicely enough that the few dollars for a game isn't an issue. Others don't. My criticism is of folks complaining about the FT Cash and we are on the same page about that. People can play or not play and can have fun doing FT without having the FT Cash items, plus there are the offers for those living in countries where these are available.
My only point of disagreement with your post was that internet access, while probably a luxury for most, is not a luxury foreveryone who has a low income.
So guess we can just agree to disagree
Old May 22 2010, 12:40 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Well, it is called Farm Town and in farming areas, nearby towns do have small plants (factories) which produce products, as well as, usually, several restaurants. So to a point, the facilities fit the general concept.
I've found I'm not that much into the facilities, but they do add interest for players who have become a bit bored with just plowing, planting and harvesting and promote interaction among players which many enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoxman View Post
Ahhhh...the cheering from the masses for every new release. But do they actually think about how DESTRUCTIVE the changes to the game are?

Think about it just for a few seconds...

How many farms do you see with Ice Cream....Pizza....Sandwich Shops...taco resturant?

I had to check to see if they've changed the name of the game to FactoryTown or ResturantTown. I thought this was a FARMING game.

My god...how many farms come with an oil refinery?

The developers are lost big time. They stopped developing their game and started trying to out do FarmVille. Foolish thinking IMHO.

Why are people begging for a 4th farm? Because all of these stupid facilities have taken up so much FARMING area. Stop for a minute...doesn't it strike you as absurd that the direct result of these releases is to REDUCE farming? Huh? Say what? er...um...can we get back to a FARMING game please?
Old May 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Account Not Linked

1. love the taco shop, glad its not very big as im running out of room. now we need to be able to make our AVACADOS into guacamole!!

2. Re the storage issue, its getting to be a pain to use as many others have said, why not have little tiny boxes in the corner of each item to 'tic' if we want to sell, that way we dont have to keep scrolling and sell each item individually. Im getting to where I dread going to the market to sell!!
Closed Thread