Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old May 22 2010, 05:30 PM

I LOVE all the new stuff! Since I grew up in Oklahoma, I was delighted to see the oil well even if it didn't do anything! As it is, mine is merrily producing crude oil for me. Would be nice if we could ask for help with that but that's not a biggie. Mostly I'm a happy camper.

I haven't decided yet about buying a seacoast. I'm not really into fishing much (although if our Taco stand made fish tacos . . . ). Would love to visit some farms who have the seacosts - I might decide to get one anyway if they look really cool.

Thanks, devs. Y'all are awesome.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old May 22 2010, 05:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Where is the spinning/yarn factory? We need one for the wool
Old May 22 2010, 05:55 PM

Love all the updates. Keeps things interesting & something to look forward too. I'm itching for a 4th farm though!! I need a place for all these facilities.
Old May 22 2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agricultural_barbie View Post
Is anyone else concerned that we can fish for DOLPHIN? You can't eat DOLPHINS!
YES, also concerned. l believe fishing for dolphin is illegal.
Not to mention, nasty.
Old May 22 2010, 06:15 PM

They call mahi mahi dolphin too. I don't think you are fishing for Flipper
Old May 22 2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRT View Post
They call mahi mahi dolphin too. I don't think you are fishing for Flipper
Thanks, l saw that earlier response now.

SORRY!
Old May 22 2010, 07:14 PM

Susan I went to y0our farm. Wanted to see the refinery. gosh its huge.
Would like to see the sea thing.
Old May 22 2010, 07:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default Re a Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
I wish they would come up with a goal or something for us high level players. I have really enjoyed this game in the past, but feel it may have come to an end. Perhaps that is what it is suppose to do. I don't know. Of course, I suppose I could delete my plots and just decorate I suppose if only I was creative. I think I was only meant to be a basic farmer though.
Hi CynthiaSue - I've been thinking about why FT is less interesting than it used to be. I think you've hit on a key reason, lack of a goal or challenge. Working to reach Level 44, let's say, and build up enough FT Coins to get the second farm, made it a fun challenge to plow, plant and harvest and to go to the Market Place and "work" on other farms. There was an objective in doing so. Just adding new FB "friends" to have enough FT neighbors or purchasing additional land doesn't give us the same sense of challenge, of doing something.
I am working a little on making some minor design changes. Not extremely imaginative or creative either and also since I want to retain a realistic rural appearance in my layouts, I'm not trying anything far out -- well, not yet LOL.
Come visit my farms any time
Old May 22 2010, 07:29 PM

Thumbs up New stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul View Post
Hey there,

We just released a new version with the following features:

1. Small Sea Coast (coins): Allows you to catch Haddock, Dolfin, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel and Crab

2. Big Sea Coast (32 FC): Allows you to catch Cod, Grouper, Swordfish, Mackerel, Eel, Yellowtail, Tuna, Crab and Lobster

3. Oil Pump Tool (coins): Allows you to produce Crude Oil

4. Oil Reinery (32 FC): Allows you to produce fuel out of the Crude Oil to be used in your harvesters and seeders. You can store the Fuel Tanks in your storage. When you go to the Fuel Station to refuel, it will take not only the fuel tanks you have received as gifts from friends, but also all stored Fuel Tanks in your storage produced by the Oil Refinery. Both counters are displayed on the same line, 'Fuel Tanks', in the Fuel Station.

5. Taco Restaurant (coins): Produces different Taco products like Hard and Soft Tacos, Chicken Quesadillas and Burritos. You can get the Chicken or Meat as gifts from friends or Order them from the Semi-Trailer Truck.

6. You can now harvest your flowers. You can also hire people in the market to harvest your flowers: Flower prices have been slightly adjusted to accomodate this change. It functions like the trees, when you harvest a flower you get the coins and it's restored to it's original stage.

7. The current Flower Shop is now a facility (25 FC): Allows you to produces different flower buckets from the harveted flowers.

8. The frequency of the Major asking for gifts on the game has been reduced considerably, you should not see it more than 1 or 2 times per day.

9. The Semi-Trailer truck now deliver 3 times more Hotdog Sausages in the same period of time.

10. There was an annoying error when people were harvesting for others. If the farm where they were working had some Hens moving, the message 'do you want to use this option for the remaining of this session...." was popping randomly, this have been fixed.

[Update: Taco Restaurant now rotates]

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul
You guys are awesome, thank you for all the new stuff. You've made this housebound lady very happy!
Old May 22 2010, 07:35 PM

I love the new facilities, but would also like to see levels.
Love Farmtown.

Thanks
Closed Thread