Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Aug 24 2011, 10:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Came on a couple of hours ago while waiting for crops to mature, so glad I did! Was going to go to last page but hit 101 instead and have spent nearly 3 hrs laughing 'til I cried, also dragged my carer into it as this is entirely her fault, Crazy Carol dragged me onto Farm Town when there was only one farm and everything was purely decorative. We still play together sometimes by 'phone and whenever it's here turn to come over in the morning when I usually start. I still have the lovely white farmhouse on my farm 1 and remember saving madly for the white swing seat, now on farm 7 where I have the Deco Mansion, hated that red thing! 'In the old times' I had to eat every bit of anything put in front of me as children in China were starving, I asked if I could send my dinner but only the once. My favourite lunch (always on a Saturday) was a field mushroom which filled my plate and my favourite breakfast was toast and dripping (that was when we actually roasted real meat in a real oven and scooped real dripping up the next day). There was no electricity in our house, nor hot water, no fridge or freezer, no pre-packed vegies and no washing machine or hoover. No TV either. Hell, I was beginning to get impatient for farm 11 but having looked back (so very far!!) I can wait a few more days. Thanks for that perspective and more thanks for all the funnies, best couple of hours I've spent for ages :-)
Old Aug 24 2011, 11:54 AM

Thanks Stoneface and all for the laughs!! Good way to pass the time while waiting "patiently" for latest update.
Old Aug 24 2011, 12:20 PM

You are an addicted FarmTowner if....

1. You want your dog to ride in your truck more than your wife.

2. You wear specific hats to farm sales, livestock auctions, vacations..... and playing farmtown.

3. You actually get sweaty/dirty working your farms on the computer and have ever had to wash off in the backyard with a garden hose before your wife would let you join the family for dinner.

4. You've never sold off non-ingredients.....just in case.

5. You can remember the fertilizer needs, seed cost, product values and yields on all your farms, but cannot recall your wife's birthday.

6. You have driven off the road while examining your crops on your cell phone.

7. You have bought a generator to have on hand in case a power outage interrupts your playing.
Old Aug 24 2011, 12:50 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah1979 View Post
Just have the feeling that the devs are definitely tweeking something in an upgrade....just fished about an hour ago (my farm) and I have the display turned on so I can see how many fish I catch on one click (boat) and the display goes wild. Says "Deb caught 2xcarp....and added them to your storage" and repeats with each fish "Deb caught 2xtuna" and it was throwing up xp and coins subtracting and adding left and right. Remember a few months ago when we had these issues with fishing and we were told that even tho the display says subtracting or adding coins, that it was just a glitch and really wasn't doing that. Well, I haven't had this issue in months and for my screen to display that "Deb" (oh, that's me) is adding fish to your storage, just tells me that something is up.
Patience is a virtue!
(Guess I'm not very virtuous!! )
Did you hire someone to do something on your farm in the same session as you fished? If you did that is where the Deb caught 2 tuna came from. I have this happen every time I hire someone to do something then fish without reloading the game.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Aug 24 2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
You are an addicted FarmTowner if....

1. You want your dog to ride in your truck more than your wife.

2. You wear specific hats to farm sales, livestock auctions, vacations..... and playing farmtown.

3. You actually get sweaty/dirty working your farms on the computer and have ever had to wash off in the backyard with a garden hose before your wife would let you join the family for dinner.

4. You've never sold off non-ingredients.....just in case.

5. You can remember the fertilizer needs, seed cost, product values and yields on all your farms, but cannot recall your wife's birthday.

6. You have driven off the road while examining your crops on your cell phone.

7. You have bought a generator to have on hand in case a power outage interrupts your playing.
funny stuff, thanks

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2244&farm_ix=9
Old Aug 24 2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Did you hire someone to do something on your farm in the same session as you fished? If you did that is where the Deb caught 2 tuna came from. I have this happen every time I hire someone to do something then fish without reloading the game.
Well, darn, guess that explains that!! I operate with a satellite feed for internet and it is barely faster than dial-up, so I usually DON'T do other work while someone is harvesting/plowing for me, but this AM, I decided I would try to fish and get extra work done.
So, thanks for the explanation....but things like that DO happen sometimes, right before, during, or after a release. We need an icon for SAD!!
Old Aug 24 2011, 04:24 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
A wife/avatar was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband/avatar in the Farm Town Bed and Breakfast.

Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen.

'Careful,' he said, 'CAREFUL! Put in some more butter! There is plenty from my 4 Dairy Plants.

Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. TOO MANY! Turn them! TURN THEM NOW! Do you know how hard it is to get enough hen eggs?

We need more butter. Oh my gosh! WHERE are we going to get MORE BUTTER? I need to post my facilities to get you more butter. They're going to STICK! Careful. CAREFUL! I said be CAREFUL!

You NEVER listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up!
Are you CRAZY? Have you LOST your mind?

Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. USE THE SALT! THE SALT!' I used ALL my gifts to get you enough SALT!!!

The wife stared at him. 'What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?'

The husband calmly replied, 'I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving.'

is this the same husband that was in the coma for three months lol

just a hillbilly
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2037&farm_ix=Y
Old Aug 24 2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca slaughter View Post
is this the same husband that was in the coma for three months lol
no... just a farmer neighbor

but I could see where he would wind up in a wife-induced coma
Old Aug 24 2011, 04:29 PM

where oh where are you tonight why did you leave me here all alone.. i search the farms over and thought i saw farm 11 but you fooled another and pfffff you were gone....

just a hillbilly
Old Aug 24 2011, 04:37 PM

hey waiting farmers i don't know if this is good or not but i have been getting yellow boxes on my farm....a yellow square showed up on farm 2 overlapping the farm 1 and farm 3 then later on i went to my storage and it stayed highlighted with a big yellow square. is it alien invasion or someone been hitting the bottle too much

just a hillbilly
Closed Thread